Griffth's Incarnation

I'm not sure if it was ever explained, but why was it that God or the God Hand decided that Griffth would be the one to be incarnated during the 1000 year ceremony. He's the youngest of the five current God Hand members and I would assume that the other members have seniority over him. Slan expressed her desire of being made flesh when she appear at Qliphoth, so why is it that a more senior member of the God Hand would lose out to a new member.

Also, would it be possible/plausible if Skullknight was once a member of the God Hand himself? If we take into account that Gaiseric, and the tale Charlotte told Guts/Casca when they were rescuing Griffth, that Gaiseric's empire vanished in one night (my memory is a little hazy, but I think that's what she said, I'll have to double check), could it have been that Gaiseric used a Crimson Beherlit to become a member of the God Hand by sacrificing what perhaps meant most to him, his empire? He could've been incarnated in the last ceremony that took place 1000 years ago.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
oberatixx said:
why was it that God or the God Hand decided that Griffth would be the one to be incarnated during the 1000 year ceremony.

I've answered that kind of question before. The manga doesn't provide any reason, but it's not hard to see why it'd be him and not the others. For one, he has more connexions with today's world than any of the others. He's well-known in Midland, and we've seen how easy it was for him to make use of his past life as a human in ways the other members of the God Hand couldn't possibly have. Second, he also had experience as a military leader, something we're not sure the others have. And finally, his goal was to become king, and now he can fulfill it. It all fits together perfectly and it's not hard to guess that it was most likely always meant to be so. It's not like the God Hand had to draw straws or anything.

oberatixx said:
Slan expressed her desire of being made flesh when she appear at Qliphoth, so why is it that a more senior member of the God Hand would lose out to a new member.

I don't think seniority has any part to play in the equation. In the end they're all working together, even if their goals can seem to be completely separate. Besides, Slan just commented on how long it had been since she had a body, she didn't actually express a strong desire to be incarnated. I don't think Griffith's incarnation was a point of contention. In fact I'm sure it wasn't.

oberatixx said:
Also, would it be possible/plausible if Skullknight was once a member of the God Hand himself?

Once again, this was discussed countless times over the years, so don't hesitate to use the forum's search function to read more about it. But in short: no, it's not very plausible. I'm not going to say it definitely wasn't the case because there hasn't been a definitive explanation for these events yet, but for many reasons it's really quite unlikely. SK just doesn't fit the profile at all.

oberatixx said:
Gaiseric's empire vanished in one night

It was just the capital of the empire that was destroyed.

Top Bottom