Movies to look forward to

X

Xem

NightCrawler said:
Typical Day Lewis.

Haha, to add to that I didn't realize it but the image released isn't even an official promotional shot: "Of course, the image is far from an actual picture from the set. In fact, the image was snapped by local Virginia Twitter user Michael Phillips, who looks like he caught the actor during a lunch break. That, or Lincoln had a penchant for jeans and turtlenecks that we didn't know anything about." That's just DDL eating lunch, a lucky off-set picture from some random guy. :ganishka: Talk about owning a role imo.

http://www.ifc.com/news/2011/12/daniel-day-lewis-lincoln-beard.php

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
Guy Pierce acts like a badass in this one ... looks decent enough to check out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax2ts7PGpNE

Decent humor, reminds me of The Last Boyscout. =)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
Guy Pierce acts like a badass in this one ... looks decent enough to check out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax2ts7PGpNE
I'm always up for decent scifi. But you know how I can tell it's in the future? It's got a blue filter on it. :void:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Johnstantine said:
Although I don't really care for Jamie Foxx, Tarantino knows how to cast the shit out of his movies.

He originally wanted Will Smith, but Will Smith was too busy doing whatever vanilla shit he does that's going to make a billion dollars next year. Oh, and forcing his kids on the world.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
He originally wanted Will Smith, but Will Smith was too busy doing whatever vanilla shit he does that's going to make a billion dollars next year. Oh, and forcing his kids on the world.
Will Smith is doing a movie I might actually be interested in: a scifi called After Earth, written by the guy who did Book of Eli. .... but uh, directed by M. Night. .... Yeah.

Hey, I said MIGHT be interested in!

Very little is known about it, but from interviews I've read, the plot synopsis is a father and son crash land and explore an alien planet. The hook is, it's Earth centuries (possibly thousands of years, dunno) after it was abandoned by most of humanity. Reminds me of older scifi, and that's what the writer said he's basing it on.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Very little is known about it, but from interviews I've read, the plot synopsis is a father and son crash land and explore an alien planet. The hook is, it's Earth centuries (possibly thousands of years, dunno) after it was abandoned by most of humanity. Reminds me of older scifi, and that's what the writer said he's basing it on.

I'm not wowed by the lack of originality displayed here.

M. Night did ruin the first Avatar movie, he's also doing the 2nd one unfortunately and said it'll be 'dark'. So much fail. I remember watching the first one and being pissed off after the movie. That synopsis you posted Walter sounds interesting, unless it's well rated I'm going to wait for the Blu Ray/ DVD to come out.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
I'm not wowed by the lack of originality displayed here.
I can't defend it on grounds of originality. But it's a simple enough premise that I have faith it'll evolve beyond that.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Truder said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyaFEBI_L24&feature=related

I dont really like the trailer, but its MIB and it has a soft spot in my childhood heart.
You know, hearing MIB 3 made me cringe at first, and all I remember about the 2nd movie is that I didn't like it, but... I almost feel something good about this, almost. I mean, at least it's not Shia LaBeouf with no Will Smith or Tommy Lee Jones or something. In conclusion, can we have a 'Movies to feel a tiny bit of emotion about' thread? :troll:

X

Xem

willferrel.jpg

:ubik: :ubik:

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
IncantatioN said:
M. Night did ruin the first Avatar movie, he's also doing the 2nd one unfortunately and said it'll be 'dark'. So much fail. I remember watching the first one and being pissed off after the movie. That synopsis you posted Walter sounds interesting, unless it's well rated I'm going to wait for the Blu Ray/ DVD to come out.

What!? A sequel was greenlighted? :magni: Only good movies should deserve sequels :azan:

Walter said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuHmEo0Bx7Q

On principle, I am looking forward to this.
Is this real ? I am asking because of all the negative comments it got. I would love to see old Ferris on screen again.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Joe Chip said:
Is this real ? I am asking because of all the negative comments it got. I would love to see old Ferris on screen again.
It appears that they're going to show off a trailer during the Super Bowl.

Looks like lots of people are saying its going to be for a really expensive Honda commercial helmed by Tod Phillips (The Hangover). Super blue balls if so.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
frankencowx said:
Looks like lots of people are saying its going to be for a really expensive Honda commercial helmed by Tod Phillips (The Hangover). Super blue balls if so.
God... if that's all it is, fuck this shit. We'll see, I guess. :mozgus:

Top Bottom