Movies to look forward to

Lord Leith said:
Only good movies should deserve sequels :azan:

Not necessarily. Look at movies like 2010, The Fly 2, Battle Of The Planet Of The Apes, Predator 2, Mission Impossible 2, Alien 3, Dumb And Dumberer and a bunch more I'm sure. You don't need a sequel or prequel unless it's done well.

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
IncantatioN said:
Not necessarily. Look at movies like 2010, The Fly 2, Battle Of The Planet Of The Apes, Predator 2, Mission Impossible 2, Alien 3, Dumb And Dumberer and a bunch more I'm sure. You don't need a sequel or prequel unless it's done well.

Ahhh well alright, I should have been more specific, if it's a bad movie in a decent or great series, then sure I guess it derserves another chance, but I think we can agree The Last Airbender shouldn't be getting a sequel :SK:

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Proj2501 said:
You leave Alien 3 alone you fascist. :mozgus:

Yeah IncantatioN, you and everyone that pisses on Alien 3 should leave it alone, or i'll have to...

...reeducate some of you brothers.

alien3pic1.jpg

I'll give you this, the extended version flows and is better than the theatrical cut. The bad CG or directing just didn't help :farnese:

Lord Leith said:
Ahhh well alright, I should have been more specific, if it's a bad movie in a decent or great series, then sure I guess it derserves another chance
Still, no. If you're going to give it another chance, you're giving it another chance to screw up like Alien 4, Schumacher's Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Blade II, Blade III and a bunch more. Avatar is a great series but with your reasoning if you're going to give it another chance with M. Night it's going to be terrible.

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
IncantatioN said:
I'll give you this, the extended version flows and is better than the theatrical cut. The bad CG or directing just didn't help :farnese:
Still, no. If you're going to give it another chance, you're giving it another chance to screw up like Alien 4, Schumacher's Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Blade II, Blade III and a bunch more. Avatar is a great series but with your reasoning if you're going to give it another chance with M. Night it's going to be terrible.

Well if the series is good then sure why not give it a chance, for Batman & Robin, we got Batman Begins. I guess if a series has a good film but then consistently gets bad sequels, I would be more reluctant, Jaws is an example of that. Jaws 1 = Classic. Jaws 2 = Decent. Jaws 3 = Crap. Jaws the revenge = One of the worst films I have seen.

Well yeah Avatar is a great series, but I guess again I should have been more specific, I meant more the series of films they are making (at least if this sequel is made), I know it's illogical but the film was so bad, I rather not put it in the same boat as the show it's based off of.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
You leave Alien 3 alone you fascist. :mozgus:
NightCrawler said:
Yeah IncantatioN, you and everyone that pisses on Alien 3 should leave it alone, or i'll have to...

Predator 2 > Alien 3. :iva:

IncantatioN said:
The Hunter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vW6W36-oWCU

Dafoe and beautiful landscapes.

Looks promising.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
NightCrawler said:

...reeducate some of you brothers.

alien3pic1.jpg

Haha nice, but you might want to reeducate David Fincher since he was the first to abandon/disown it. It's hard for me to put much effort into discovering the inner greatness of a uneven movie when even the director doesn't care to. Blame the studio for fucking with it in the first place, but he's worked with them since and I'm sure they'd let him do whatever he wanted with it now. If Fincher would man up and do it his way now, I'd love to watch that. It's just a shame they rarely retouch/re-release movies that could actually use it.

Aazealh said:
Predator 2 > Alien 3. :iva:

I feel like these two movies share a stronger bond with each other than they do the previous films in their respective franchises.

IncantatioN said:
The Hunter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vW6W36-oWCU

Dafoe and beautiful landscapes.

You're burying the lead: SAM NEIL! :ubik:

IncantatioN said:
Guy Pierce acts like a badass in this one ... looks decent enough to check out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax2ts7PGpNE
Here is a new Trailer, it looks good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J2M-J1OtMs

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Joe Chip said:
Here is a new Trailer, it looks good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J2M-J1OtMs

The people complaining about the CGI in the Berserk movie better not watch the chase scene in this. :iva:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
"He's the best there is ... But he's a loose cannon." :ganishka: Fucking seriously?
Aazealh said:
The people complaining about the CGI in the Berserk movie better not watch the chase scene in this. :iva:

From the premise to the dialogue to the graphics it's like Resident Evil 4/Dead Space the movie.

Oburi

All praise Grail
That's pretty generic. Reminds me Escape from NY. Typical "one man" scenario. The boss wants it done by the books but he's the only who can do it and he's a reckless, shoot first ask questions later type. The boss doesn't like his edgy attitude but goddamit he gets the job done.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
"He's the best there is ... But he's a loose cannon." :ganishka: Fucking seriously?

I got a big kick out of that when I saw the trailer for the first time this weekend. When it started out, I was really hoping Snake Plissken would show up.

First, he escaped from New York. Next, he escaped from L.A. Now, Snake must escape FROM SPACE!

Color me disappointed.

A friend of mine invited me to go see Chronicle. It wasn't great but it wasn't terrible. Overall, a matinee. I left with a feeling of wanting to see more and sad it was over. There's a scene early on that totally reminded me of something in The Explorers, an 80's goodie, so nostalgia was sprinkled on my brain after that. As I'm sure anyone with eyes can guess the film goes dark toward the end, I was wishing the entire time it didn't. I was having fun watching these friends
teach other how to fly,
etc.

Oh well. Go check it out. Just don't pay full price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ur_WqzyJj_U

Yep, even though some scenes look like a Flash game from the early 2000's on this non-HD trailer. I liked the manga, so I'll check it out.

Top Bottom