Movies to look forward to

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
frankencowx said:
On a side note, who here likes First Contact?? =/

I like the part with the tommy guns and the screaming. Also like the parts where Troi's actress isn't even vaguely trying to actually play Troi anymore. Do NOT like the part where the hottest guy in the whole cast gets redshirted (Lt Hawk noooo).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Wasn't vague revenge the arbitrary motive in the last movie, and now this guy wants revenge too? What for? Everyone wants revenge! I feel like we should see one of these guys venge in the first place before they bother to revenge. =)

That was my first thought: "oh, again". And they're attacking The Earth, too! Someone call Shepard. :iva:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Someone call Shepard. :iva:

Good, I'm not the only one who thought of Mass Effect 3 when I watched the trailer. :iva:

All joking aside, I'm really looking forward to this one. I'm sure we'll see a lot of the Enterprise and a space battle or two. I think the teaser's just showcasing the earthbound parts to whet our appetite.

Kudos to Griff for getting me excited about Gary Mitchell being the villain. I thought they were going the Khan route, but I hope that's not the case, since it's already been done (and done well).

New Oblivion trailer's out, I haven't read the book but this looks COOL ... Joe Chip, right up yer alley?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dQ3Mt9yiz6k#!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
New Oblivion trailer's out, I haven't read the book but this looks COOL ... Joe Chip, right up yer alley?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dQ3Mt9yiz6k#!

Looks pretty generic...

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Joe Chip said:
I agree it looks cool. Though i have to admit that the the plot seems kinda predictable.

No one has to see this movie since they gave the whole plot in the trailer.

The government made a deal with the aliens and essentially is feeding them humans for some reason to keep them at bay and thats why the aliens didn't wipe out everything. Magic Negro knows the truth and has an underground resistance ALA The Matrix. Tom Cruise is recruited to the cause after he finds some weird shit. He being the attractive white male lead is exactly what the sage black man needs to win the secret war. The end.

saved everyone 8-12 bucks.

NightCrawler said:
No one has to see this movie since they gave the whole plot in the trailer.

The government made a deal with the aliens and essentially is feeding them humans for some reason to keep them at bay and thats why the aliens didn't wipe out everything. Magic Negro knows the truth and has an underground resistance ALA The Matrix. Tom Cruise is recruited to the cause after he finds some weird shit. He being the attractive white male lead is exactly what the sage black man needs to win the secret war. The end.

saved everyone 8-12 bucks.

:ganishka: That sounds about right.

Aazealh said:
Lots of familiar faces in there. I want to be excited but I remain wary...

Nothing that I've seen from Snyder or Nolan makes me worry about how they'll handle this reboot. Personally I'm glad to see Henry Cavil and Micheal Shannon break into the mainstream. Both were great in the Tudors and Boardwalk Empire.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JoeZeon said:
300, Dawn of the Dead, Watchmen and Legend of the Guardians were solid. I wouldn't accuse Sucker Punch of being a classic, but it was enjoyable though.

...I see. You're right not to worry then.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Johnstantine said:
Pacific Rim trailer.

No words can describe the excitement I have for this movie.
Did they really hire the woman who did GLaDOS's voice? And make her sound just like GLaDOS in post? That seems... really off putting to me. Other than that, big monster and robot movie? Sure.

Walter said:
Did they really hire the woman who did GLaDOS's voice? And make her sound just like GLaDOS in post? That seems... really off putting to me. Other than that, big monster and robot movie? Sure.

Yeah, looks awesome. GLaDOS is a welcome addition as well.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Walter said:

They sure did!

IncantatioN said:
You know ... that looks pretty decent. I don't like Snyder's directing that's often laced with slow motion camera work (dumbing it down for the audience) and I hope there's none of that. Except for Legend Of The Guardians which I haven't watched as yet, all his movies suck.

This. You know if 300 wasn't filmed at 50% speed, that movie would only be 25 minutes long. I think he's learned from that movie to some extent, as he uses the slow mo less often now. Still... Snyder can put together oscar worthy trailers... followed by less than stellar films.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Johnstantine said:
Pacific Rim trailer.

No words can describe the excitement I have for this movie.

Yeah I've been looking forward to it and so far it seems to deliver, although the robots kinda lack "weight" if you ask me in this trailer. Hope it's not too cheesy (it kinda does look cheesy: "let's go fishin'").

Walter said:
Did they really hire the woman who did GLaDOS's voice? And make her sound just like GLaDOS in post? That seems... really off putting to me.

Agreed. I bet they thought it'd be a great idea, good fan service and all, but it comes off totally wrong. They should have hired the voice from Crysis' nanosuit. :slan:

Top Bottom