Their names

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
wow...
i have seen something today that i think you probably already knew but i want to talk about it
it is about a character no more living who had a kingdom ( btw, kill me for doing such crappy devinette )
i learned that Geiséric was a king of the vandales, who passed thru europe, included france ( of course^^) and hispania until northafrica, where they attaqued successfully Carthage
it was in 429, that's the point, because Gaiseric is supposed to have been king a thousand years before the actual midland days, which are approximatively around the centuries that you know=_=
Yeah the king of vandals has quite a history. The title is like how a pirate inherits a title, it is passed down, so that the king never dies. His brother was the king of vandals before him, and they were very close.

Gaiseric held Troy for months, after the Roman Empire sent 2 full squadrons of men. After a time, (after theyd had their fun), Gaiseric and the Vandals simply left Troy. Coming to no settlement with the Roman Empire. Just to say "we did this". Eventually, Gaiseric's Vandals fell to the Roman Army in Egypt and they settled with the Romans.

Cool guy!

Lliugusamui

around the corner
I found something about the Idea, and which could explain its omniscience :

from the Greek "idein," for "to see"; cognates with the Sanskrit "vid" (to know) and Latin "videre" (to see) and the English "wise." The W/V sound from the Indo-European root was lost in ancient Greek.

:eek:

D1cebanger

Crasher
Well, I really don’t know much about names, especially Judeau.
All I know is, in English it means “wisdom”. Yah, that explains why he is such a wise and well-talked guy.
But there’s one more, actually…it’s about Casca.
The name’s “Casca” lays somewhere in one of Shakespeare’s,
I accidentally read about it when I bought a book named “This Band of Spirits”, in each chapter it seems to write famous verse from around the world, and Shakes’-- one of them.

It appears like this :
Casca : Cassius, what night is this!
Cassius : A very pleasing night to honest men.

Casca : Who ever knew the heavens menace so?
Cassius : Those that have known the earth so full of faults.
~Shakespeare~

puella

Berserk forever
It has been so long since the last post here.
I saw the video,"Spirited Away" (Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi) a couple of hours ago.
This is the second time watching. Yeah, the movie is soooooo great.
I love all works of Miyazaki Hayao. 8)
I saw a documentary as to when he was working on Sprited away. I know the fact he is very good cook (he made Ramens so well for his staff) and kicks and pounds his copier when it doesn't work with saying "this is the best way I know of".

Watching the movie, I heard some male character called "Kyasuka(Casca)".
I always wonder where Casca comes from.
It's Japanese name? ::) or...?

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Since did you ask: there is a italian verb "cascare" that does mean "to fall" in english. Casca (present, third person of that verb) means he/she/it falls. I will not tell you about the cheap jokes that I do everytime I post something about Casca in a italian forum...

kokoon

so pure...so cold
havent read the whole thread yet, but -

>hello!
>
>since your name is griffith (is that a real name?) and since you like
>anime... i was thinking... well maybe you know the berserk anime/manga
>and i was just curious whether you are planning (or maybe already have
>done) any models of berserk chars for morrowind (gatts, griffith, caska,...)
>
>that would really be great and if you dont know the series/manga (manga
>is better!), i really recommend them to you.
>
>take care,
>
>jure aka kokoon

Yes, Griffith is my real last name. The name is Welsh and it's the name of
a number of Welsh kings, as a matter of fact.

I'm not familiar with the series that you mentioned, but I'll be sure to
check it out if I have the chance. Thanks for writing!

Have fun,
Rhedd (NOT a real name ^-^)

so - if you havent figured that out yet - welsh kings. dont have time right now to investigate on them.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Chasca:in the Inca mithology the name of the planet Venus. He (yes, he was a male ;D )was worshiped like the page-boy of the sun(Inti) that he did assist at sunset and sundown. He was sometimes, erroneously, considered a female divinity

puella

Berserk forever
roberto999 said:
Chasca:in the Inca mithology the name of the planet Venus. He (yes, he was a male ;D )was worshiped like the page-boy of the sun(Inti) that he did assist at sunset and sundown. He was sometimes, erroneously, considered a female divinity

Oh, interesting.
However I guess Miura just took the name "Caska" because it sounded good. :p
I think he needed some neutral gender-like name and his choice was good.

Top Bottom