about elves

puella

Berserk forever
this is from " Who'll die? Who won't die?" in last November.

how big/tall are Pakk's grandkids?

bytheway, wherefrom do his grandkids come when we can't even assign Pakk to a sex (male/female)
so two other big question are on my mind:

how male/female is pakk?

how do elves reproduce/reproduce themselves?

very interesting.
I think elves are like human beings, so they have sex, give birth to a baby elf.but Miura might drop
detail on certain purpose.
chances are He wanted to leave elves mysterious.
In addition, I'd like to think Puck is a cute male elf from many causes of his personality- nearly
protecting girls, adventurous spirit, his appearance, braveness(?) and so on.

*other point of view
Miura once said elves don't have a gender. So it might be considered Puck is neutral, or bisexual
though he looks like a boy quite a lot.
If elves had no gender, there can be two speculations about "reproduction".
One is like plant's by wind , insects or something the other is like snail's which means elves are
hermaphrodite.
Oh shit it bugs me. Having said that, it doesn't make sense.
Puck is flower or snail? mhahahaha~
I think Miura's choice of Elf's mystery was best!

bytheway)I'd want to add something-Elves can get old?
as for me, no because Puck seemed to know Skullkinght for a long time and besides to go through a lot
of things,I think.
then he looks very very young for his real age?
this is of my own thought.

*walks away* just like vampire_hunter_bob

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Did none of you two ever thougt that they (the elves) could reproduce themselves by artificial parthenogenesis like the Mahars of Pellucidar? Now where is David Innes when we need him?

puella

Berserk forever
Did none of you two ever thougt that they (the elves) could reproduce themselves by artificial parthenogenesis like the Mahars of Pellucidar? Now where is David Innes when we need him?
I don't know anything about that.
emmm~ very interesting. would you explain it more? :)

roberto999

Puck has been in the manga from the first volume but we're somewhat likely to ignore Puck's important role in berserk. :'(
Elfheim is nearer.
I thnk it's time to get deep into Elves more than ever.
(maybe it's just me :p)

1)Once Miura said "Elves have no gender"
then what are these?

nakedpuck.JPG

femaleelf.JPG

puck(he) is always naked                            'she' is well-dressed

2) I think Elves are spiritual entities like Godhand as we saw Farnese couldn't notice Puck in vol.17.
then I guess Puck may be 5,673 years-old with a young boy-looking forever.  ::)
Here's my second question "can elves be killed or die?"

3)Griffith took Godhand for his rebirth and Guts took an elf as his company.
Is there any implication or relationship it can give us? what do you think?
By now you already know anything about Pellucidar and the metod of reproduction of the Mahars. However I think that you have really hit bullseye with the questions that you posed above. The " female" elf and the person to whom "she" seems to be bonded are a important clue to what is really happening.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
The " female" elf and the person to whom "she" seems to be bonded are a important clue to what is really happening.

i don't think the elf transform its sex with its companion
because you know puck was puck before he met guts, and i haven't seen a lot of changes since he's much of time with isidro
so a male fighter elf have contacts with a 'strong' man, and a female elf is rather with a person not too stranger...

roberto999

I am always misunderstood. I don't say that the elves change their appearences to look like the humans with whom they live, but that the appearence of a selected few is linked to the man or woman to whom they are predestined.
Do you remember what said that seer to Puck, while Rickert was leaving? About the fact that maybe it was not by chance that the two of them have met then?
And whose was the elf powder that saved the lives of Gutts and Caska after the eclipse?
Yes Puck saved Gutts even then...

M

Marcus

the appearence of a selected few is linked to the man or woman to whom they are predestined.

I don't know about the predestined stuff since, Guts himself is someone who has been fighting death and fate for survival since his birth. :-/

puella

Berserk forever
Chopping some ingredients for my dinner, I get to think Miura loves some vegetables so much and especially to associate them with elves.
wwwwwwwwhy?

look and compare the followings.

kuripuck.jpg
52169.jpg
or
59751.jpg

and.....
femaleelf.jpg
52166.jpg

Great Miura takes images from various kinds of stuff, animals,plants, insects, vegetables and fruits(remember Shirieke's scary Fruit weapon in chapter 198 )
So amazing!                    

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
hehe...u surprise me again with ur imagination...
that might be a proper topic,no?! :D

Lliugusamui

around the corner
i got a problem, why does puck has a "nombril" ( that's the ombilical cordon souvenir, which is related to mother therefore sex, and elves 'd be sexless )... ?

I haven't read all the posts in this thread cuz I'm lazy, but here's my take on Puck and the elves in general.

Obviously, elves in Berserk r basically fairies. I don't think there's any lotr type elves here.

Puck is mostly around for the little comic relief in Berserk. However, he also has another very important job of acting as Gatts's conscience. He kinda acts as the moral center of the story and is there to nag Gatts whenever he does anything messed up.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
puck is related to the will o the wisp, feu follet, ellylldan
in fact, those fays were some gaz 'flying' near cimeteries or places with deads ( more or less )
the mischievous behaviour of puck is from the fact that those fires made people die/lose into holes or some fangerous ( clavier error, i wanted to tape dangerous but it's cool too^^ ) natural place,
i finally think puck and his new femele companion are on the same 'nature', so i wanna see her in kuri^^
about his role , i agree

puella

Berserk forever
just a question *raises my hand*
if Puck is in great danger, will Guts try to save him risking his life?
can it happen in berserk? ;D

*** the scene of the first appearance of Puck in vol. 1 is not like what I mean.

roberto999

just a question *raises my hand*
if Puck is in great danger, will Guts try to save him risking his life?  
can it happen in berserk? ;D

***  the scene of the first appearance of  Puck in vol. 1 is not like what I mean.
Of course he will, but he will never admit it, he will make it seems like a chance happening

Gatts's has often saved the lives of ppl he barely liked... well, when it wasn't out of his way.... But anyway, I think he'll save Puck. Though he never admits it, I think he's quite found of the fairy (ack, that kinda sounded wrong).

puella

Berserk forever
puella said:
and.....
femaleelf.jpg
52166.jpg

Great Miura takes images from various kinds of stuff, animals,plants, insects, vegetables and fruits(remember Shirieke's scary Fruit weapon in chapter 198 )
So amazing!

:eek: Somebody really wants to be the same lineage with Evarella :eek:

473.jpg

Top Bottom