I got my FREE TACO! Did you!?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Taco Bell was giving away a free taco to America today from 2pm to 5pm to celebrate a stolen base in the World series; anybody could just go ask for one and get it without paying, which was a somewhat surreal drive through experience (for an official transaction anyway). If you have multiple Taco Bells in the area, that's all the more free tacos! And I bet I could get at least two more by changing my hair and appearance. =)

freetaco.jpg

Somehow, well, let's be honest, it was the glorious freeness of it, this was one of the best meals I've had; top 10,000 at least! :troll:

Seriously, it was great, a euphoric experience beyond simply eating, it tasted like... like victory.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Ah shit, nobody told Handsome! Keep that receipt Grif, you can cherish this memory forever. Keep me posted if there is a "free cheesy beef melt day", I love those wicked things.

Griffith

Yeah, they're really keeping it under wraps, I was going to post about it earlier, but I got sidetracked in discussing/planning for/getting free tacos. =)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
What kind of bullshit is this? You know of a free taco deal, and dont inform us until after it's expired?! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! Here I am, eating my disgusting Subway meatball sub, knowing I could have had a free taco.

I'm somehow fascinated by this. How exactly did you phrase the request for a free taco? Please tell me it went something like this: "I'M AN AMERICAN, AND I DEMAND MY FREE TACO." "Your total is $0.00. Please pull around to the first... no... second window."

Hey, I wonder how many illegal residents cashed in on free tacos for America. I'll bet the hicks in my neck of the woods would be even more OUTRAGED than me when I realized I'd missed my shot at a free taco...

Griffith

Well, I'd forgotten myself until I saw a thread on somethingawful reminding me. And technically I informed everyone with an hour to spare, pacific time. =)

Anyway, that's not too far off on how the transaction went, I'll recreate best I can:

Taco Girl: "Can I take your order?"

Me: "Hello, I'd like (1) free Crunchy Seasoned Beef Taco."(the specific order to be given in the instructions)

*pause as I wait for the moment of truth*

Taco girl: "Free taco?"

Me: "Yes."

Taco Girl: "And what would you like to drink?"

*yes, she knew what I was talking about, but here comes the push*

Me: "Nothing."

Taco Girl: "You don't want anything else, no beverage?"

*you could really feel the desperation at this point*

Me: "No thank you."

Taco Girl: "Okay [deadbeat], please pull up to the second window."

*YES! and no payment total or instructions, just come and get what's coming to you; it seemed as awkward to her saying it as it did to me hearing it*

And then I just pulled up and waited for my free booty, she asked if I wanted sauce, and somewhat in awe of the situation, I just shook my head, she handed me the bag, which seemed especially beautiful for a bag of Taco Bell, and I was off.

Oh man, it was delicious. :beast:

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Ah damnit. My parents actually told me about this deal a few days ago but I completely forgot. As a poor college student that free Taco would have really hit the spot. I demand a second chance!

Griffith

Yeah, I'm starting to think I'm the only man in America that got a free taco, like Taco Bell did it just for me; free AND exclusive. :badbone:

REVIVE! IT'S BAAAAAAACK...

http://www.tacobell.com/stealabasestealataco/

2pm to 6pm Tuesday, October 28th. Your chance for free taco redemption! :ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Holy SHIIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

This is going to be one super Tuesday, since I not only get a (1) free taco, but Fallout 3 comes out too.  :isidro:

Finally, my custom text from a year ago makes sense again.

No way... That's awesome! FREE TACO! :guts: Thanks for the heads up... I know I'll be circling the local Taco Bell here like a shark until 2pm rolls around!

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Preview of next adult comedy: Walter :void: and Griff :griff: go to Taco Bell.

I had my free one last year, I saw the game too, I think it was courtesy of the Red Sox.

John McCain's shot at the presidency is bad enough to warrant a taco giveaway in exchange for votes, so maybe he should consider it? Ah yeah, first to turn the taco thing into a political jab at republicans.

Griffith said:
If you have multiple Taco Bells in the area, that's all the more free tacos! And I bet I could get at least two more by changing my hair and appearance. =)

If you actually did follow through and drive around to multiple Taco Bells, that would be fucking hilarious. I'll be sure to get at least one myself.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
BerserkMJM said:
If you actually did follow through and drive around to multiple Taco Bells, that would be fucking hilarious. I'll be sure to get at least one myself.
Oh, there are like 3 within 10 miles of where I work, so I definitely know what Im doing for dinner.

Of course ... one of these places had a salmonella scare a few weeks ago, and no one I know has eaten there since... But a free taco supercedes this annoyance!

I may gather a lot of hate here but I don't eat junk food.
And a free Taco isn't worth the back splashing explosive diarrhea dump you will experience the morning after.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Ramen4ever said:
I may gather a lot of hate here but I don't eat junk food.
And a free Taco isn't worth the back splashing explosive diarrhea dump you will experience the morning after.

Don't you smoke? Edit: You get the shits after eating one taco?

There is only 1 taco bell I am willing to travel to for this event. Actually, I can't think of any others in my area.

Walter said:
It's FREE! Take the plunge! :ganishka:

Well I gotta be honest with you. Last time I ate at Taco Bell was about 7 years ago. I had to rollerblade down a really steep hill to get there. I don't think there was a single time that I didn't get explosive Diarrhea half way back up the hill. After which it was a race to the bowl. I usually made it. :troll:

Griffith

How dare you blasphemy the (1) Free Taco! As has been foretold, the second coming of the (1) is at hand, and all you non-believers will be cleansed in the fires of Taco Bell's New 89-cent Volcano Taco, available now at participating locations! :void:

Seriously though, any nancies out there, and I'm not naming names, who can't handle a free taco can gather up their hot pink skates and rollerblade on outta here, and take your wimpy little girl's stomach with you. :ganishka:

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got (1) free taco to prepare for.

Griffith said:
and take your wimpy little girl's stomach with you. :ganishka:

I'm pretty easy to get along with, and I don't pick fights often. BUT YOUR ON. :puck:
You better start buying some strong hot sauce now baby because we're dueling this one out! Pick a food of your choice and pour a big load of hot sauce on there. I will do the same. Take a picture of the food with the hot sauce on there. A picture of the bottle of hot sauce itself and finally a picture of the food half eaten. I'm gonna make a sandwich or a naan or somethin. :daiba:

No milk, no water.. Just hot sauce. :zodd: The only thing that the fires will cleanse is your butt!!!

Griffith

You are in no position to challenge ME! You must first eat a free taco, with proof, before I can even take you seriously. :daiba:

Pfff, sandwich or naan... short for naancy meal, HA! :ganishka:

Griffith said:
Pfff, you are in no position to challenge ME! You must first eat a free taco, with proof, before I can even take you seriously. :daiba:

A sandwich or naan... short for naancy meal, ha! :ganishka:

A trap, you just want to make me eat a free taco knowing full well that it will weaken my stomach. A sign that you lack confidence in your victory. :ganishka:

Top Bottom