What if Guts would cut off his brand?

Lliugusamui

around the corner
don't you guys never thought if Guts washed his body like a good man, this dirty brand would get off ?
damn it !

seriously : have i succeeded to stop you ? ;)

puella

Berserk forever
No. You have open a new topic: Does Gutts wash himself? ;D
I've been always thinking about that.
emmm, I think Guts washes once a week only when it is sunny.
So he never wahses in winter. ;D
According to what I heard before, once the nobles thought 'washing' is what only common people do because they are dirty; this is one of reasons why perfume was made especially in France.
Because those who never get dirty would not wash , instead,they use perfumes.
why am I saying this?
Farnese is the one who would not wash most.
and Serpico!
well, I really really want to give him a Jacuzzi.
but I know if I did, he would say to me"thanks but give it to my Farnese" :-X

Lliugusamui

around the corner
According to what I heard before, once the nobles thought 'washing' is what only common people do because they are dirty; this is one of reasons why perfume was made especially in France.

WHAT DO YOU INSINUATE BY THIS ????!!!!

a friend of me told me someday that statistics say " frenches stink", what the hell ...?
hey, the "perfume thing" is kinda old ...

i knew a guy who was in my class, last year who really stinks though !! something horrible ! ;D

Lliugusamui

around the corner
i guess he uses the dragonslayer to cut  shit off... 8)

actually, i think he'd use his knives rather
or perhaps the fairy powder has made his body clean for ever

i wonder for his iron arm and sword if he owns "alun" powder... :-/

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
actually, i think he'd use his knives rather
or perhaps the fairy powder has made his body clean for ever
actually, i think he'd use his hand( s) some water and good old rubber technique! ::)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
They say when you dig up the past... you only get burned. I personally, really hated this topic when it first was discussed, almost a year ago. But I was talking to Puella yesterday about this and found something rather strange...

We've discussed that the brand is a physical representation of a spiritual sacrifice. I think that still holds true. No matter how you sliced off your brand, you would (most likely) still be a sacrifice. However, in volume 10, at the bottom of the Tower of Rebirth, we see those dead, branded bodies. Now, judging from the remains of their skin, I think its fair to say they were burned alive. There are other bodies of skeletons scattered around, which were not burned. The interesting part is... only the burned bodies, that still have skin attached to their bones, still have the brand. The skeletons don't.

So then perhaps the physical brand really is only skin-deep.

T

temporary

If Gatsu removed his mark, wouldn't he have slit his jugular vein too? That'd kill him...

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
It allways seems to be assumed that those bodies at the bottom of the tower are from the last godhand sacrifice, 1000 years ago. That would be a long time to even have bones intact, let alone skin.

I don't remember flesh on any of the skeletons, and I distinctly remember a brand on the forehead of a skull. I wish I could double check this with my manga scans, but I WAS in the process of re-organizing them before my computer fried.

yeah something would change if guts cut off his brand

people wouldnt be able to recognize him because of it

a physical representation of a spiritual sacrifice, right?!?
remember what happend in the woods outside of flora's, and how guts and caska walked right on through due to their nature, and how schierke sensed something different about them.
if they cut their brands off the same thing would still happen.

altering your physical being does not change who you are
if you shave your head does it change the color of your hair?
no, it just hides it.

guts and caska will never be able to hide their spiritual beings, by altering something in the physical world

oh, and isnt the jugular in the front of the neck?

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Walter said:
They say when you dig up the past... you only get burned. I personally, really hated this topic when it first was discussed, almost a year ago. But I was talking to Puella yesterday about this and found something rather strange...

We've discussed that the brand is a physical representation of a spiritual sacrifice. I think that still holds true. No matter how you sliced off your brand, you would (most likely) still be a sacrifice. However, in volume 10, at the bottom of the Tower of Rebirth, we see those dead, branded bodies. Now, judging from the remains of their skin, I think its fair to say they were burned alive. There are other bodies of skeletons scattered around, which were not burned. The interesting part is... only the burned bodies, that still have skin attached to their bones, still have the brand. The skeletons don't.

So then perhaps the physical brand really is only skin-deep.
Or maybe only the burned ones were sacrificed?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
krebs4life said:
a physical representation of a spiritual sacrifice, right?!?
remember what happend in the woods outside of flora's, and how guts and caska walked right on through due to their nature, and how schierke sensed something different about them.
if they cut their brands off the same thing would still happen.
I acknowledged this already though. I'm just getting nitty gritty about what the brand does to someone. For the longest time I thought it was some supernatural physical emblem that permeates through all the layers of your body (meaning it would be on your bones), but its not...

I don't remember flesh on any of the skeletons, and I distinctly remember a brand on the forehead of a skull.
It looks like skin melted/bonded to bone through fire. Hell, theres still some hair intact. Check out volume 10.

Or maybe only the burned ones were sacrificed?
Thats another interesting idea that this new look at volume 10 brings up.

Top Bottom