Lost Odyssey

Oburi

All praise Grail
This games looks awesome. A little like FFanasy perhaps, but it still seems like it'll be one of the better rpg's for the 360. All we got is blue dragon and eternal sonata, both awesome games, but both have characters designed to look like 12 year olds. Finally something a little more mature. I think it's set to be released February 2008
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/1694.html

Anyone else like eternal sonata and bluedragon btw.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
We've been discussing it back and forth on the Vagabond threads..

From what I can gather, none of us are fapping over it. Concept art is great, doesn't transfer over well to 3D though. Also, game looks boring. Enjoy your loading screens and random encounter battles though. FFX might have been a long time ago, but it lives on through Mistwalker only with less belts and zippers =)

CnC

Ad Oculos
Well apparently the whole thing is a mess:

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/840/840035p1.html?RSSwhen2007-12-06_142500&RSSid=840035

Uriel

Oh wow, that wasn't a rosy preview.

Let's be fair though, would anyone really be stupid enough to by an Xbox360 for JRPG's? Kind of like buying a Hummer for fuel economy.

Mass Effect might be the one exception, but that's just as much shooter as it is RPG.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Uriel said:
Oh wow, that wasn't a rosy preview.

Let's be fair though, would anyone really be stupid enough to by an Xbox360 for JRPG's? Kind of like buying a Hummer for fuel economy.

Yea yea. Shooters only. Igetitalready. :schierke:
FPS dominance is prevalent on all platforms. Given the price tag for game development these days, a lot of developers are playing it safe and just making shooters. However there are a minority of games in different genres (some of them are actually good) on all platforms, including the 360.

Uriel said:
Mass Effect might be the one exception, but that's just as much shooter as it is RPG.

Going into Mass Effect and expecting the same kind of shooter would be a mistake. Its blending with RPG elements does mix it up a bit. So going in guns blazing is a sure way to die instantly. Actually I'm enjoying it quite a bit mostly because it is different from a lot of the other games (combat is really like a third of the experience).

Actually I was thinking of starting a thread on it but frankly the only people I know playing it on here are me and Maiku.
oh, and Mass Effect isn't a JRPG - in case you were posting without seeing it.

---
As for Lost Odyssey, I think it'll likely be delayed. They want it to come out before christmas, I think, and that looks all but impossible given its problems.

Uriel

Yah, I realise it's not JRPG, hense me specifiying buying it for JRPG's instead of the term RPG's.

I've been playing vidya gaems long enough to know when a game isn't made in Japan, kthnx =P Mass Effect does look good, though -- it's one of those games that actually made me look into getting a box in the first place.

I do hope Lost Odyssey is delayed. But like the article says, they had a year and fixed a minimal amount of problems. Whats another (potential) year? It's weird, but I feel sorry for the olde Squenix boys. I love that they branched out from the mundune cash cow that is Final Fantasy (which is more of a brand than a series now. Stick "Final Fantasy" in the title and watch the money role in)... but man, did they slip up with LO. Maybe the other games will turn out a little better?

CnC

Ad Oculos
Uriel said:
Yah, I realise it's not JRPG, hense me specifiying buying it for JRPG's instead of the term RPG's.

Gotcha. You phrased that weird, saying it was an exception to buying an xbox for JRPG's. So I assumed you probably hadn't seen it.
Y'know:
Internet Forum Rule #??? - Not knowing anything about a given subject doesn't mean you can't post pretending to be the foremost authority on it.

...god I love that rule...

Uriel said:
I've been playing vidya gaems long enough to know when a game isn't made in Japan, kthnx =P Mass Effect does look good, though -- it's one of those games that actually made me look into getting a box in the first place.

Well, maybe someone should make a thread, then. I'll comment on it when I've finished it.

Uriel said:
I do hope Lost Odyssey is delayed. But like the article says, they had a year and fixed a minimal amount of problems. Whats another (potential) year?

Well, who knows. At this point it looks like it would hurt more to release it now rather than let it bake a little longer, imho (god I love that rule).

Oburi

All praise Grail
Actually I was thinking of starting a thread on it but frankly the only people I know playing it on here are me and Maiku.

make it, I was also thinking of that. I just bought mass effect today. Reading the reviews and from whats been said i went out and spent the sixty bucks. Damn 300 $'s in just 2 days on games, yeesh.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'm personally interested in Mass Effect even though I'm not playing it, so a thread is in order! :puck:

About Lost Odyssey, a delay wouldn't hurt honestly, it always pisses me off to see games with great potential wasted because of a lack of effort/time.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Just picked this up today and I'm having lots of fun with it. Unlike DMC4 which lasted me about four days before I could beat it twice, Lost odyssey is going to keep me busy with its four discs of beautiful scenery and rich storyline. I'm loving it so far and I'll admit at some spots it's fucking hard.

Top Bottom