Games for 2008

Oburi

All praise Grail
I don't have time right now to post links for the trailers but I will later. These are just some games coming out next year that I can't for. There coming out before April too.

Dynasty Warriors 6-http://www.gametrailers.com/game/5312.html
Lost Odyssey
Turokhttp://www.gametrailers.com/game/2816.html
The Force Unleashed-http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21832.html
Fable 2
kingdom under fire-circle of doom http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/804/804099/vids_1.html
and Devil May Cry 4-http://www.gametrailers.com/game/1671.html

Never been a fan of Devil may cry but it looks fucking cool. The trailer was better than most movie trailers. Also never liked turok but I got to say it looks kool. Dynasty warriors is just one of my favorite series. I know the games are repetitive and 2,3,4,5 are mainly the same levels and characters, but dw2 was the first game I got when I got my ps2 for Christmas many moons ago. Me and my friends used to play out in the back yard and pretend we the heroes from the game whose names we couldn't pronounce. So DW holds a special place in my heart. The force unleashed looks sick too. Supposed to be next gen, all new technology from lucas arts. I don't really like star wars games but who knows, might be fun.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like you left out MGS4 and Super Smash Brothers Brawl, the top-tier of most anticipated games next year.

The DS remakes of Final Fantasy IV and Dragon Quest IV are the two titles I'm personally looking forward to the most this year ... and a small, dim hope of heariing about Team ICO's next project.

And who can forget Wii Fit!?! :troll:

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
theres also:
Wii:
No More Heroes
DQ Swords
Samba de Amigo
FFCC: the crystal bearers (if its not cancelled)
Wii Ware stuff

Xbox 360
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ps3:
RE: 5
???AFRIKA???
Ds:
ninja gaiden ds
ace attorney : AJ

CnC

Ad Oculos
God I hope Starcraft 2 comes out...

Other than that it's kind of a skimpy year for me. This year was so overwhelming.

I'm looking forward to
Devil May Cry 4
MGS4

But frankly thats about it... Ninja Gaiden just looks SO much like the original it's hard for me to get hyped for it.

Walter said:
And who can forget Wii Fit!?! :troll:

LoL... just buy yourself a gym membership for as long as it takes to break even with the cost of Wii Fit and you'll likely see better results.

Also I heard "No More Heroes" was a flop in Japan.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I didn't mean those were the only games for 2008 that were going to be awsome. So yea MGS4, GTA4 and starcraft2 are going to be great also the FF remake of course. I think Resident evil 5 is 2009 though.

RE: 5???AFRIKA???
looks like it.

I have to say Devil may cry looks awsome. I couldn't find this one particular trailer that they have in the x-box marketplace as TGS trailer long version. It's like five minutes long and it gave me the chills it was so good. If you can, watch it.

Ninja Gaiden just looks SO much like the original it's hard for me to get hyped for it.

thats the same for me. Also I havn't completed any of them, I usually just lose interest after a while.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Peregrine_Falcon said:
Starcraft 2 (maybe)
Final Fantasy XIII (if it doesn't get delayed)

You better not hope too much for those 2 titles, since neither of them has had a definite official release date announced yet.

Kaji-Ryohji said:
FFCC: the crystal bearers (if its not cancelled)

Why would it be? It'll be out in 2 weeks in Japan... Or do you mean the US version?

CnC said:
Also I heard "No More Heroes" was a flop in Japan.

Yeah, it only sold around 12,000 units on the first week. But then again, Killer7 was as much of a flop in Japan and it sold decently enough worldwide, so there's still hope for it. I'm more concerned about the quality of the game rather than its sales, and fortunately it seems to be good.

Oberi said:
I think Resident evil 5 is 2009 though.

2009 if not 2010. So yeah, you can scratch it from your list, Kaji-Ryohji.

Anyway, aside from the games already mentioned by everyone, here's some more stuff I'll keep an eye on:

Wii: Boom Blox, Fire Emblem Wii (Europe), Baroque, Secret Files Tunguska, FFCC: The Little King and The Promised Land, One Chanbara R, Monster Hunter 3, Chocobo's Dungeon, Fragile, Samurai Warriors: Katana, Mario Kart, Zack & Wiki (Europe), Battalion Wars 2 (Europe), Fûrai no Syren 3, Bully Scholarship Edition, Ôkami, Ghostbusters, Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, Super Swing Golf 2, Disaster: Day of Crisis (assuming it's not pushed back to whenever).

X360/PS3: LittleBigPlanet, Ghostbusters, Silent Hill V, Alan Wake, Soulcalibur IV, Alone in the Dark 5, Iron Man, The Last Remnant (if it gets out in 2008), Army of Two, Too Human, Rogue Warrior: Black Razor, Gran Turismo 5, White Knight Chronicles, Saboteur, Disgaea 3, Haze, Indiana Jones, Lord of Vermilion, Star Ocean 4, Yakuza 3.

PC: Operation Flashpoint 2, Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures, Far Cry 2, Black 2, Fallout 3, Deus Ex 3, Dark Void, plus likely a ton more that I can't remember.

NDS: Viva Piñata, Dr. Slump, Blue Dragon, the new Castlevania, Assassin's Creed, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, Summon Night DS, ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat, Dragon Quest IX, Dragon Quest V, Dragon Quest VI (If released in 2008), Ys I & II, Etrian Odyssey 2, EXIT, Luminous Arc 2 Will, FFTactics A2, Fire Emblem DS, Mario & Sonic DS, Populous DS, Front Mission 2089, Culdcept DS, Nanostray 2, Rune Factory 2, Sonic RPG, Tales of Innocence (if it's ever released outside of Japan), It's a Wonderful World, Professor Layton 2, Professor Layton 3, Dodgeball DS, Fûrai no Syren DS, etc. Not going to list everything because it'd take me too long to remember/type.

S

Sanguinius

Aazealh said:
You better not hope too much for those 2 titles, since neither of them has had a definite official release date announced yet.

Starcraft II will almost definately be released in 2008 though, they're quite far into it's development. Another game I am looking forward to is the expansion to C&C 3, C&C 3 Kane's Wrath.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Sanguinius said:
Starcraft II will almost definately be released in 2008 though, they're quite far into it's development.

Like Aaz said, you never know with Blizzard. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see it in '09.

And jeez Aaz, you're looking at a lot of games. I'm interested in those you mentioned as well, but I narrowed it down to the games I'm hyped for. :guts:

SlimeBeherit

Aazealh said:
Why would it be? It'll be out in 2 weeks in Japan... Or do you mean the US version?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pNUlLYVoyt0

this one?

though now that i think about it, it has no firm release date for japan, which means 2009 for us

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
I'm interested in those you mentioned as well, but I narrowed it down to the games I'm hyped for. :guts:
Ditto. I tend to buy about 3-4 games a year. Anyway... they're releasing Blue Dragon for DS? Man, I heard that game was awful...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
And jeez Aaz, you're looking at a lot of games. I'm interested in those you mentioned as well, but I narrowed it down to the games I'm hyped for. :guts:

BUT I JUST CAN'T CHOOSE!! :judo: (besides you bastards had already listed all the big games!)

Kaji-Ryohji said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pNUlLYVoyt0

this one?

though now that i think about it, it has no firm release date for japan, which means 2009 for us

I don't think you read to what I wrote... IGN says that it's being released in Japan on December 31, 2007. USA and Europe should follow in 2008.

SlimeBeherit

Aazealh said:
I don't think you read to what I wrote... IGN says that it's being released in Japan on December 31, 2007. USA and Europe should follow in 2008.
that's probably just a place holder, because they officially announced it would be coming out in 2007 for japan last year, but there has been no new news about it ,it wasn't even mentioned at Square-Enix's party or TGS 2007.Normally by this time the developer should have announced an official delay, but it seems like they rather pretend the game never existed.

this seems to be the official FFCC news website:
http://www.ffccnews.jp/

i can't read it, but the flash banner on the top is just "Ring of Fates" and the "The King and the Promise Land", also the links on the bottom have no link that direct to a FFCC:CB site

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kaji-Ryohji said:
that's probably just a place holder, because they officially announced it would be coming out in 2007 for japan last year, but there has been no new news about it ,it wasn't even mentioned at Square-Enix's party or TGS 2007.Normally by this time the developer should have announced an official delay, but it seems like they rather pretend the game never existed.

Actually it was mentioned at Square-Enix' party, there just hasn't been any big news since this summer. I think I remember EGM announcing that the game's development was encountering some difficulties, so I think it's likely just going to be delayed, but by no means cancelled. I guess they're giving priority to Little King and will concentrate on Crystal Bearers once it'll be out.

Kaji-Ryohji said:
this seems to be the official FFCC news website:
http://www.ffccnews.jp/

Latest Crystal Bearers news is dated 2007/11/28.

SlimeBeherit

Aazealh said:
Actually it was mentioned at Square-Enix' party, there just hasn't been any big news since this summer. I think I remember EGM announcing that the game's development was encountering some difficulties, so I think it's likely just going to be delayed, but by no means cancelled. I guess they're giving priority to Little King and will concentrate on Crystal Bearers once it'll be out.
yea i heard of the EGM rumor too, though your probably right about them shifting focus to Little King, hope hear more about Crystal Bearers soon.

Oh Crap, i just remembered the trailer i just posted was from the Square-Enix party, my mistake

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
SquareEnix: My love/hate relationship.

After waiting forever for FFXIII trailers that weren't hidden, I can say that I'm becoming more enthusiastic. However, I know we won't get another public trailer for another 6 months. In the mean time, slews of games with FINAL FANTASY in the title will come out that have little to do with the franchise. I know it's the way things are done in Squenix, but I'd wish that more resources were pumped into the "Roman Numeral" games.

Oh, add Duke Nukem Forever to the anticipation list. :troll:

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Hey Aaz, I imported Baroque because I thought it'd never make it out here. While the language barrier makes the storyline uninteligible, the gameplay isn't bad in a retro-hack'n'slash sort of fashion (it's basically a remake of an old fist person action-RPG that never made it to the states). It's got the usual random dungeons and equipment collecting, so as long as you still enjoy that kind of gameplay you'll love it. Of course, if you ask me the art style and soundtrack are awesome enough to warrant a purchase.

Also, I'd say Too Human is gonna flop, the system looked broken from the beginning and there doesn't seem to be much impovement in the game engine.

I remember the director saying that the combat engine in Too Human would rival Devil May Cry's. Yeah right. Especially how just about everything borrows something from DMC, which then turns and borrows new stuff from them.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vaxillus said:
Hey Aaz, I imported Baroque because I thought it'd never make it out here. While the language barrier makes the storyline uninteligible, the gameplay isn't bad in a retro-hack'n'slash sort of fashion (it's basically a remake of an old fist person action-RPG that never made it to the states). It's got the usual random dungeons and equipment collecting, so as long as you still enjoy that kind of gameplay you'll love it. Of course, if you ask me the art style and soundtrack are awesome enough to warrant a purchase.

Yeah, I know all that, that's why I'm interested in it. :guts: I'm glad Altus is bringing it to the US, because while Europe will probably get fucked as usual, at least I can import it and play in English. Anyway, thanks for confirming that it's worth getting!

Vaxillus said:
Also, I'd say Too Human is gonna flop, the system looked broken from the beginning and there doesn't seem to be much impovement in the game engine.

Yeah, I know Too Human isn't looking so good, but I like Silicon Knights, so I'm interested in what it'll end up being like. I tend to believe them when they say the chaotic development is Epic's fault, which is really too bad.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Aazealh said:
Yeah, I know Too Human isn't looking so good, but I like Silicon Knights, so I'm interested in what it'll end up being like. I tend to believe them when they say the chaotic development is Epic's fault, which is really too bad.
They could still pull it out of the fire, and the story concept still has my attention. Just with DMC4 running at a constant 60 FPS and looking as good as it does, the competition is damn fierce.

Speaking of which, anyone else seen this trailer yet? Looks like the story (albiet inevitably a bit cliche) is going to go beyond the usual excuse for stylish violence of the last games. This might even surpass the first game.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Vaxillus said:
They could still pull it out of the fire, and the story concept still has my attention. Just with DMC4 running at a constant 60 FPS and looking as good as it does, the competition is damn fierce.

I wouldn't count Too Human out yet. They could pull off a good game here. I don't think comparing it with more action oriented games like DMC4 is fair.

The director was the one who put the comparison out there in the first place. Too Human looks like an MMO. And unless you're a fan of those types a games I foresee a lot of people passing on this.

Top Bottom