Duke Nukem Forever...

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Trailer tomorrow apparently.

Does anyone here even care? I remember it being awesome when I was very young for the same reason full grown men play GTA.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It's going to be a teaser trailer apparently, so don't expect it to be more than 5-10 seconds of actual footage/action and 20 seconds of goofball comments froom 3Dr making (hopefully) self-depricating jokes about how long this has taken.

Here's the teaser pic that was posted by 3DR on their forums. (had to register to get it...)

Here's George Broussard's comments, as posted on their forums:
[quote author=George "Frenchie" Broussard]
Last Saturday we had our annual company Christmas party. It was a lot of fun as usual but it featured one special surprise. It turns out that several people had been secretly working late nights and into the wee hours of the morning preparing a special video for those at the party. They created a short teaser for Duke Nukem Forever.

After seeing the teaser we thought it was something we should share with all of you and while it's just a teaser, rest assured more is coming.

Tomorrow, Wednesday the 19th, around noon CST, we will release the first teaser trailer from Duke Nukem Forever. To tide you over until then, here is a screen shot taken from the teaser.

Thank you for being fans of the game and for your continued patience.

I'd like to thank the people on the team that worked so hard to create this teaser and the friends of 3DR that helped create it (Jeremy Soule and Julian Soule, Frank Bry, Jason Evigan and of course, Jon St. John).[/quote]

It's apparently using the Unreal 3 engine.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It's not a hard question really. It's using the Unreal 3 engine, so just look at consoles that can support that game's code, such as Unreal Tournament III, which has been licensed for PS3 with an XBOX360 release surely imminent.

A question like this really has to do with who ends up publishing the game, I think. If 2K games handles it, like they did with 3DR's last title (Prey), I would expect console releases.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I don't believe this, what will be the butt of all the delayed game jokes from now on? This game CAN'T come out! Oh, and I bet 200 bucks that we'll see a DS version. Hey, COD4 came out on the DS!

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
The more I think about it, the more excited I'm getting with the prospect of playing a new Nukem.

handsome rakshas said:
This game CAN'T come out! Oh, and I bet 200 bucks that we'll see a DS version. Hey, COD4 came out on the DS!

More in tune with what I was going for, regardless of how unrealistic. Take notes, Wally. :griff:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I hate game ports where they have to drastically alter the gameplay and even the spirit of the game to fit onto less-powerful systems. It always comes across as shite.

That being said, I have little doubt itll sell like hotcakes regardless. This game will have press tomorrow in NATIONAL NEWS, I bet.

Dear god... this day has actually come. I don't know exactly what to expect with such a games situation, rest assured I'm curious to say the least.

Interesting to hear it's playing on the Unreal 3 engine, following using the modified Quake 2 then Unreal 1 ones.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I hear the soundtrack is by Guns N' Roses! :troll:

So, in the end, people have been waiting all this time to play Unreal III? It won't even have some crazy piecemeal engine composited from a decade of failed development? I wanted neo-retro type technology, like stuff strangely more advanced than anything we've got, yet powered by steam engines. Imagine a mix of bygone technologies that came and went, but now further developed and taken in new directions, utilized in totally original and innovative ways, like the future of gaming from an alternate reality that never was, decade old stuff working side by side with cutting edge technology to create an unimaginable symbiosis that produces results like we've never seen before... yet with quirks like you can only run it at 800x600 in Windows 2000 using a Monster video card. 3DFX Glide supported. =)

Anyway, if that's not the case, count me out then. I don't even believe anybody really cares about this game in good faith anymore, it's relevancy and appeal is tied to the fact that it's a never ending train wreck. Even if you think you're not, we're all really just waiting to see what the bearded lady here looks like. Once it actually comes out, if ever, it's just Battlecruiser 3000, or worse, just another game.

I think it's gonna be a lot better then the boring crap they've come out with in the last few years. If it can partially live up to the hype or even draw equal I'll be satisfied. Heck, anything above the hype would automatically place it as the game of all time "Forever". Since no other game had to face criticism on such a massive scale.

Anyway the pic looks awesome, I'm glad he doesn't look old like in the first pic they released. I gotta admit I didn't like the new pig cop picture too much at first.. but now that i've seen The Dukes new looks I'm starting to get more comfortable with this new darker and less duke3d look to the game.

I think this game is gonna be fucking gory, just thinking about the guts and bones flying in your face when you pipe bomb someone's ass is giving me goosebumps. I'm really looking forward to the Dukematches.
Anyway
Heres the trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnRJyFhYFn4

P.S. :troll:

Griffith

Ramen4ever said:
I think it's gonna be a lot better then the boring crap they've come out with in the last few years.

Yeah, because nothing says fresh and exciting like... Duke Nukem?
undecided.gif

Griffith No More! said:
I'm gonna criticize ... cuz thats what cool people do!!!

Exciting? Hell YEA!!
For me no other video game says nostalgic like Duke Nukem.
3drealms forums are on FIRE, can't even connect cuz of all the traffic.
I'm looking forward to all 10 seconds of the teaser.

Griffith

No need to get cute about it like I was out of line, I could have just pointed out how unfounded and ridiculous your statement was about a non-existent game we have literally no information about looking better than all the games of the last few years; because that's what Duke fanboys do! =)

Griffith No More! said:
No need to get cute about it like I was out of line, I could have just pointed out how unfounded and ridiculous your statement was about a nonexistent game we have literally no information about looking better than all the games of the last few years; because that's what Duke fanboys do! =)

You were out of line as soon as you criticized me for not thinking EVERY SINGLE game released in the last few years is fun and exciting.
Good job blowing something trivial soo outa proportion btw.
Nonexistent? its being developed which places it in existence. Just not in a retail box until its ready.
And in case you forgot how to read, I didn't say it will be better then ALL the games released in the last few years.
I mean it would be hard to compete with HL2 from a MP perspective and it can't compare to the rich stories of some RPG's. But it definitely has a chance in the fun and exciting category.

P.S. you obviously missed the point of my first comment, which wasn't even directed to you in the first place. So unless you actually have a point, this (lack) of an argument is over.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
Hey, has anyone been able to connect to 3drealms this morning?
Nope, but I'd check the popular video game news sites before going to the source. It's sure to be mirrored elsewhere.

BINGO: IT'S HERE: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/50464

TORRENT: http://www.mininova.org/tor/1054025

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
Nope, but I'd check the popular video game news sites before going to the source. It's sure to be mirrored elsewhere. I'll have SKnet host a version as soon as I get it. Unless it's streaming..

BINGO: IT'S HERE: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/50464

TORRENT: http://www.mininova.org/tor/1054025

...meh... it was ok

I didn't like any of the weight lifting bits, but the rest was good (albeit standard UT3 engine fare)

Top Bottom