What would happen to Jill in Guts had let her come with him?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Uh, well, he didn't though. What's the point of reasoning otherwise? Pondering a threesome between Rickert, Erica and Jill?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
WALL·Y.
700 YEARS OF DOING WHAT HE WAS BUILT FOR.

walletz7.jpg

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
The thread title is so poorly worded I can't decide if it's awesome, hilarious or obscene. . . .

Walter said:
Uh, well, he didn't though. What's the point of reasoning otherwise? Pondering a threesome between Rickert, Erica and Jill?

Fanfic here I come!

Walter said:

Thats not the idea I was going for, either Guts lets her tag along with him until they meet up with Rickert and Erica, thinking it's the safer for her to be with them then him, or she continues to follow him.

I've been playing with the idea of her becoming a student of Schierke's along with Farnese if you must know.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I haven't read the most recent volumes of berserk, but Jill has been in the manga since volume 21 or so correct? If thats correct I don't think we'll see Jill again, at least not in a major role. Berserk has so many characters and once one of them serves their purpose, usually at the end of an arc, they dissapear. Not really, they just go off in not the direction Guts is going. They might make some cameo appearances later on like Azan did or Lord Owen and Raban and minister Foss. Sooo...

What's the point of reasoning otherwise?

There is none. This thread is hilariously obscene. With no awesomeness. And poorly worded.

Uriel

Badass mode ash said:
Thats not the idea I was going for, either Guts lets her tag along with him until they meet up with Rickert and Erica, thinking it's the safer for her to be with them then him, or she continues to follow him.

*insert Patrick Stewart slapping his forehead.jpg*

Badass mode ash said:
I've been playing with the idea of her becoming a student of Schierke's along with Farnese if you must know.

Which is like playing with fire in these parts, if you must know. Be careful, you might get burned.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Badass mode ash said:
Well, ok. Let's run with this for a bit but I think you'll hit a roadblock pretty quickly: What would have happened to Jill when Guts was captured by the Holy Iron Chain Knights squadron? She'd have been branded a heretic and subject to the same punishment as Guts, or sent home immediately, neither of which would have been very interesting possibilities.

Oburi said:
I haven't read the most recent volumes of berserk, but Jill has been in the manga since volume 21 or so correct?
No, the last we saw of Jill was volume 16.

Uriel said:
"I've been playing with the idea of her becoming a student of Schierke's along with Farnese if you must know."
Which is like playing with fire in these parts, if you must know. Be careful, you might get burned.
Not really, I dont have anything against speculations as long as they're grounded. This one just appears fruitless, since it's pondering a WHAT IF of a minor character that's gone, gone gone.

Uriel

Walter said:
This one just appears fruitless, since its pondering a WHAT IF of a minor character that's gone, gone gone.

Exactly. To pursue it would only bring pain.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
Berserk has so many characters and once one of them serves their purpose, usually at the end of an arc, they dissapear. Not really, they just go off in not the direction Guts is going. They might make some cameo appearances later on like Azan did or Lord Owen and Raban and minister Foss. Sooo...

I don't think these characters are just making cameo appearances, especially not Azan. They can be recurrent even though they don't show up very often.

Well, to answer the question seriously, if she *had* gone with him, she most likely would have been burned to death as a witch. So, yeah. Better that she didn't.

Well the survival chances seem pretty poor for minor characters up til the adopt every stray child that passes our way phase of the manga. Now, she probably would have survived since all the supporting characters seem to a free pass on death for now at least. Earlier on, she probably would have ended up like the little girl and her grandfather. Don't ask me how Isidro is surviving. Simple answer, either stay an important part of the plotline or offer good comic relief or die horribly. Jill offers neither.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ironhand said:
Well the survival chances seem pretty poor for minor characters up til the adopt every stray child that passes our way phase of the manga. Now, she probably would have survived since all the supporting characters seem to a free pass on death for now at least.

That's not true, and not a good way to think or a valid argument. Each character is treated separately from the others, the generalization you're making is baseless and therefore ridiculous.

Ironhand said:
Don't ask me how Isidro is surviving.

He's a good fighter, and he knows how to survive.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ironhand said:
Relax, I was having fun with a rather pointless post. Note the sarcasm running through the whole thing.

I'm sorry, but "having fun" isn't an excuse for your post being pointless.

Top Bottom