what could've happen if..

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
gattz and the band of hawks never encountered each other..???
Ahhh, an opportunity for pure speculation at it’s finest, I love it! But I do think a better question is:

Was Guts meant to meet the Band of the Hawk?

I have two theories on this supporting both sides of the idea(guess which one I lean towards ;D).

The theory in favor: Guts fate wasn’t to die before he was born, it was to meet the Hawks, just as he did.  His purpose was to make Griffith forget his dream, acting as the the trigger that caused the chain of events leading to the Eclipse, all this was Guts sole purpose in life.  But he defied fate by surviving the Eclipse and is now outside of Casualty.

The theory against (Two versions): Guts fate was to die before he was even born, somehow, he managed to struggle and survive anyway, defying his fate.  His presence in the world interfered with Idea’s plans.  Guts strength helped Griffith get too far along, endangering his life.  Griffith would have perished at the hands of Boscone at Doldery Castle had Zodd not stepped in.  Griffith should have failed in a much earlier battle (Zodd might have wiped out most of the Hawks if not for Guts, but I'm pretty sure Zodd would have known he was supposed to bring Griffith to his knees, maybe that encounter wasn’t even supposed to happen at all? see “Mini-Theory” at the bottom), after barely escaping, in his sorrow and desperation, he would have activated the Behelit and sacrificed the remaining Hawks.  More importantly, Guts also made Griffith forget about his purpose altogether, royally screwing Idea’s master plan, it got to the point where Griffith was even separated from his Behelit (he also offered to give it to Guts as a present earlier) and he was very close to death.  This explains why Zodd would need to be sent by God Hand to interfere so much, he was cleaning up the mess Guts created.

The other version explains how Griffith would have become King without Guts, but I’m tired of explaining (and this ones the weaker of the two), so without going into detail I'll just say that without Guts doing all the heavy lifting in battle, Griffith would have gotten strong enough to win the tougher fights on his own, though it may have taken longer.  The biggest difference in this version is that Griffith would have used the Behelit sometime AFTER he became the King of Midland; probably near the time of rebirth ceremony (so nobody would mind the King's absence).  

The thing they have in common is that Guts fucked up a pretty straight-forward plan with his mere unexpected presence and God Hand had to send in Zodd to fix things up (more in the Mini-Theory ‘bout Zodd).

Mini-Theory: Zodd was pretty surprised to meet Griffith for the first time, or at least when he found out who he was, this is only weird because he knew so much later and was so integral in Griffith even reaching the Eclipse. Hell, Zodd could have killed Griffith if it weren’t for the Behelit (I actually think the Behelit might have “jumped out” if you know what I mean).  But after that, Zodd is totally on top of things, he knows what’s going to go down before it happens and is telling elephants the shit they forget, so, what’s the deal? I think Guts presence might have indirectly brought them into contact, the theory goes like this; the Hawks advanced faster then they ever would have because they now had both Guts and Griffith, an unstoppable combination, bringing them into contact with Zodd while he was doing his normal “recreational activities”.  After the rude awaking that he was one step away from killing his future boss, he finds out what the Hell is going on from God Hand and is also told to get things back on track so that the Eclipse would still happen, even if it wasn’t on schedule.

I’m going to stop babbling now before I run out of room. :)

-Griffith

Griffith

ah, Griff, you come up with some of the best damn speculations and completely change my outlook on Berserk...
wish i could do that... :'(
Thanks, I wish could translate volume 12.

-Griffith

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
griffith, funny that most of your thoughts on berserk coincides with mine (although you are certainly much more eloquent than i am) :)

suppose that griffith is taking the steps of gaiseric, can guts become the equibalent of void?

Griffith

suppose that griffith is taking the steps of gaiseric, can guts become the equibalent of void?
Hmmm, very interesting thought indeed (I assume your going by that account of what Gaiseric’s story is supposed to be from the Japanese board, which I always kinda’ dug, especially the stuff about the origin of Behelits), it makes me think of a lot of different theories on here, but they were just never tied together like this. Guts would seem like a Wiseman (after the fact) if he warned Griffith that his Kingdom was doomed and that it’s always been God Hand’s plan to destroy it. Basically saying that Griffith’s dream is total bullshit and he’s being used like a roll of toilet paper (now that’s eloquent =). How poetic would it be for Griffith to get totally distraught and lock Guts in the same tower he was imprisoned in after Guts' “betrayed" him,  the same way Void was (supposedly) locked up by Gaiseric.  I can just imagine Guts alone in the tower with nothing but his Behelit…and the Beast.  But I’m writing more of a fanfic here than a theory. :)

Cool idea, Trigg, see any other ways that Guts could possibility parallel Void?

-Griffith

P.S. Skull Knight, Zodd and Void; three guys with one hell of a story to tell, if only Miura would JUST TELL IT ALREADY!!!

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
although i came up with this idea, i'd say it's rather hard to see guts as a parallel to void

void is obviously the brainy type (ack, bad pun) while guts is a brawny type. however, guts does seem rather introspective from time to time (i.e. sparks of his sword).

i'd prolly need sometime to find more stuff to support this theory (flimsy as it is)

Top Bottom