Guts and other swords??

berserker88

The Raging Demon
God forbid he ever loses the Dragon Slayer not only does it scream bad ass but its something we have come to love its apart of Guts in a sense. Anyways if something did happen to it what would be a good replacement? I was playing Ninja Gaiden recently and I was thinking given Guts dark nature and the Berserker armor I think Guts would be GODLY with the Dark Dragon Blade...........any other swords people can think of as a worthy replacement to the Dragon Slayer?

yesmilord

千年王国
Not really.

The Dragonslayer is pretty signature to his character design and the Berserk series overall. If he ever does get anything, it'd probably be bigger, badder, and more hellish than the Dragonslayer is.

I think there was a thread for this... And Aaz had already explained the possibility of Guts changing his sword...

And of course the chances are near to zero, since DS is a signature which make Berserk what it is now...

Well, maybe Nightmare's Soul Edge(incomplete). AT BEST it might look like the DS 'evolved' or something. lol. But again....no.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
So is this thread going to be about naming swords from other series that are directly or indirectly copied on the Dragon Slayer in the first place?

Honestly, rather than that, I'd prefer to see Guts fight with different types of weapons altogether, or for example with a sword/shield combo like the Skull Knight. As we all know he's a really proficient fighter, so I think it'd be interesting to watch him fight completely differently from what we're used to.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
So is this thread going to be about naming swords from other series that are directly or indirectly copied on the Dragon Slayer in the first place?

for example with a sword/shield combo like the Skull Knight.

yeah i never thought of that before. and hey have we ever seen guts with a shield to far? i don't think so but i might have miss it somehow

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
It'd be cool to see how he would adapt to using a pole-arm, such as Boscone's Halberd or maybe Azan's staff.

Oh yeah, throw in some random hatchet use definitely.

Edit; sorry just got through watching Sin City and was thinking bout Marv's hatchet scene.

While were at it, imagine if guts became a wizard!!! :schierke:
..Ok, maybe its better if we don't imagine that.
Anyway I think Guts using 2 swords would of been rather interesting but with only one hand thats not really possible. As previously stated a Sword-Shield combo would be more interesting to watch but Guts is a very offensive fighter so it would hinder his overall fighting abilities.

Ramen4ever said:
While were at it, imagine if guts became a wizard!!! :schierke:
..Ok, maybe its better if we don't imagine that.
Anyway I think Guts using 2 swords would of been rather interesting but with only one hand thats not really possible. As previously stated a Sword-Shield combo would be more interesting to watch but Guts is a very offensive fighter so it would hinder his overall fighting abilities.

We already have a person filling the role of someone learning magic with Farnese.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
I can't see Guts losing the DS or changing his arm, so I think he should just improve his crossbow if anything. It's only getting riskier for him to fight close up thanks to the Beast and the armor, and he might be able to control his emotions better if he at least stays a few yards away from the carnage. I can see Guts modifying this weapon when they reach Elfhelm.

Okin said:
It's only getting riskier for him to fight close up thanks to the Beast and the armor, and he might be able to control his emotions better if he at least stays a few yards away from the carnage. I can see Guts modifying this weapon when they reach Elfhelm.

Relative Distance doesn't really matter, when Gut's and Schierke were talking with SK.. The beast was ready to emerge just at the mention of Griffith's name.
I do agree about modifying his weapons though.. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some new toys in his arsenal.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
The beast was ready to emerge just at the mention of Griffith's name.

Not even his name actually. :void:

Anyway, why not getting some new equipment, but I have some doubts about Guts "improving" his crossbow himself like Okin suggested. Rickert did a great job with it, so in what way could it be ameliorated?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Wait a minute, Guts doesn't need any new gear. He's already an extremely efficient fighter with the equipment we're all familiar with.

When has it really failed him? The crossbow is effective when used, as are the explosives, knives and of course the DS. When has he ever been outmatched weapon-wise, and when would an "upgrade" have truly been an improvement, since he got his equipment refurbished in volume 17? I want answers!

PS:
:miura: You want answers...?
:void: I want the truth.
:miura: YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

snake1mi

Blood is just red sweat.
It will never happen, as said earlier, but if that happens, i would like to see him with two swords/katanas/masamunes/damngrandmotherssword,,
But wait a minute, what about his left arm? He cant move his fingers, so bad idea.

Seriously if he ever lose his ds, he will probably get something bigger and stronger, something equilivant. He is used to carry large swords, ever since he was a kid. And he was using a large sword in golden age arc, when he lost it he got e much bigger and heavier one after the eclipse. I dont think he will change his style, maybe add something to it but not change it. And if he does, it will be cool if he will then equip himself with more than one sword, maybe a dagger or a short sword.

A

avidwriter

I dont think we'll see him lose the DS or it breaking till the absolute end if then. Not since it was revealed its "power". I don't want to get into details for spoilers and also I'm no expert on it.

Aazealh said:
Exact, that's the only time he appears with one.

If he does equip shield again in future, I would speculate it to be ridiculously huge also, maybe close to the size of Grunbeld shield? :isidro:

Imagine in future he train himself to reach that stage where he could one hand wield the huge DS and the other hand (most likely the prosthetic one) the supersize shield...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Imagine in future he train himself to reach that stage where he could one hand wield the huge DS and the other hand (most likely the prosthetic one) the supersize shield...

That sounds a little ridiculous, honestly.

Top Bottom