how long...

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
What do you think for how long the manga series is gonna take?
up to 30 volumes? 50? more?
when is it gonna be finished?
Did Miura say something about his plans?

???

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
My guess is around volume 30 or even less. Millennium Falcon already has a definite feeling of finality to it.

M

Majin_Gatsu

I thought I heard somebody say (a few months back, maybe more) that Miura has at least 2 more years of material for Berserk. I realize that that period has shortened. How many volumes come out per year?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
That whole 'at least 2 years of material' thing was me, and it was pure speculation, as what we are doing here is also speculation.

One volume roughly every 8 months.

hmm...

2 chapters a month.
makes 24 chapters a year
and 7 chapters usually per volume.
which makes roughly 3 almost 4 volumes worth a year (does not count how often they come out)

if it goes to 35 manga that's roughly 3 to 4 more years of work.

Assuming my math is right and I'm horrible at math

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
does miura himself know the outgoing of the "epos", or is he still switching between different possibilities?

I mean, do you think he roughly knew what berserk was gonna be like in the ending, when he started back then in 1990 (or earlier)?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
About how many breaks does he take a year?
The basic formula is :

2 Chapters + ultra climax = 2 month break

as well as

5 chapters of nothing + 1 chapter of character development = 1 month break.

P

paradiselost

...well, in my opinion Berserk 'll belong much more than volume number 30 or 35, as someone of you wrote before...

...actually there are too many characters to develop, and the Millennium Falcon can't be the last part of the story...

...really, there is all the elves part to be developed, so that, in my opinion we'll arrive at least to number 50 about...maybe more...

...we'll see...

;)

Well, I told you that there would be probably be a break between episodes 191 and 192, last month...

Yes, I had just joined when you were saying that...I was commenting as in "Ahh that where that came from." not "Oh look at me, I figured it out." My apologies if you think I meant the later.

puella

Berserk forever
Will i be able to survive till meet the the last volume? sigh~
Assuming 10 years left, some of you get to work hard as a rookie.
Me?
I myself might go along with arthritis pills or warm blanket. :-/

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
He's said at the most within the next 5 years. He already has another series on the board. He's really excited about his new project. What it is I don't know ???

I doubt it will be less... Miura now has several new characters to develop. ^^;
I'd say around 35? ?_?
Yeah, Miura brings in new characters for Gatts to kill. I`m going with Walter on this one. Besides most of us will be dead before the last volume comes out anyway.

puella

Berserk forever
oh come on, why so pessimistic? ??)
what tha hell is this? where's that pessimistic attitude coming from? ??P
;D
thank you for your consolation, trapped_ soul(you may be
blessed_ soul)
chances are that gorilla guts and I got quick temper, not so much pessimistic.

Top Bottom