Possibility of same sex relationships happening in Berserk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before getting together with Joachim, especially after reading what she said to Luca after after confronted by her, I was under the impression, if only slightly so, that a lesbian relationship between Nina and Luca wasn't completely out of the question. Then the real question here is, what dynamics can you see arising that would cause this for other characters (male or female), without having to do with doujin or lemon fanfiction?

CnC

Ad Oculos
Badass mode ash said:
especially after reading what she said to Luca after after confronted by her, I was under the impression, if only slightly so, that a lesbian relationship between Nina and Luca wasn't completely out of the question.

The relationship between Luca and Nina wasn't sexual -more parental. I think you've confused the line a bit. Nina was defending what she had done and saying Luca felt as sexually aroused by it as she was (something Nina herself didn't believe).

As for same sex relationships existing in Berserk, of course. Without diving into the pit of snakes that is the old debate of whether or not Guts and Griffith are gay, I'll just say that since homosexuality exists in Berserk it's not out of the question a relationship would exist, as well.

CnC said:
I'm not totally sure which line you're referring to, but the relationship between Luca and Nina: it wasn't sexual -more parental.

Thats why I said slightly, didn't mean wasn't too serious of an idea, just enought to get thing thread going.

CnC said:
I edited my above post to clarify

CnC said:
The relationship between Luca and Nina wasn't sexual -more parental. I think you've confused the line a bit. Nina was defending what she had done and saying Luca felt as sexually aroused by it as she was (something Nina herself didn't believe).

As for same sex relationships existing in Berserk, of course. Without diving into the pit of snakes that is the old debate of whether or not Guts and Griffith are gay, I'll just say that since homosexuality exists in Berserk it's not out of the question a relationship would exist, as well.

As stated, I wasn't taking the idea really seriously, it was one of those passing thoughts you get from your hormones despite knowing better sort of things.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Badass mode ash said:
As stated, I wasn't taking the idea really seriously,

Aw don't half-ass start a thread like that! :guts:

Badass mode ash said:
it was one of those passing thoughts you get from your hormones despite knowing better sort of things.

Are we still talking about the manga?

Anyways like I said I think since homosexuality has been documented before, it's not impossible for an actual relationship to be brought up (perhaps new characters, I wouldn't expect a big reveal).

CnC

Ad Oculos
Badass mode ash said:
Do you two have to pick at me like that? It hurts! :judo: But it doesn't hurt enough, more! :carcus:

Lighten up :serpico: . You seem to be surviving the hazing new members get around here well enough.

Anyways I was kind of agreeing with you.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Guys, don't forget this part of the manga:

Guts: "While I'm emotionally capable of loving a man, I am partial to the taste of breast of a morning."

But yes, given that we are subject to the world Miura governs -- one we know to go to many extremes -- I think that same sex relationships are more than viable. Like CnC said though, I don't think we're doing to turn the page one day and find Schierke flicking the bean in her ethereal state whilst watching Casca bathe. Farnese is harder to predict because of her past, but she's too much of a poorly conceived character to have that kind of depth ::)

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Uriel said:
but she's too much of a poorly conceived character to have that kind of depth ::)

That guy is still quarantined I don't see why you are bringing it up now.

Edit: Unless of course I missed a joke some where so please forgive me Uriel. EDIT: Why is your avatar so blue?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
That guy is still quarantined I don't see why you are bringing it up now.

Edit: Unless of course I missed a joke some where so please forgive me Uriel. EDIT: Why is your avatar so blue?

May he be banished into the depths of the vortex from whence he came.

Uriel said:
Guys, don't forget this part of the manga:

Guts: "While I'm emotionally capable of loving a man, I am partial to the taste of breast of a morning."

But yes, given that we are subject to the world Miura governs -- one we know to go to many extremes -- I think that same sex relationships are more than viable. Like CnC said though, I don't think we're doing to turn the page one day and find Schierke flicking the bean in her ethereal state whilst watching Casca bathe. Farnese is harder to predict because of her past, but she's too much of a poorly conceived character to have that kind of depth ::)

There's also the idea of them going at it while on the astral, with there be nothing to imply they did anything with each other in the physical world, which is true is true as far as the wording goes. We don't know just how close Schierke and Flora really were, the old women may have been old in body, but on the astral plane...well, where do you think I'm taking this?

Uriel

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:

It wasn't an inside joke, I know he'd eventually see it and because I'm still riled about it.

As for the avatar... well.. its because Musashi lived in a blue house with a blue window. Blue was the colour of all that he wore. Blue were the words he said and what he'd think. Blue were the feelings that lived inside him. I thought it'd be obvious... it was to CnC.

CnC said:
This thread is already dangerously off topic.

Edit some minutes later:

Badass mode ash said:
..well, where do you think I'm taking this?

Into the realm of fan fiction, quite honestly.

Uriel said:
It wasn't an inside joke, I know he'd eventually see it and because I'm still riled about it.

As for the avatar... well.. its because Musashi lived in a blue house with a blue window. Blue was the colour of all that he wore. Blue were the words he said and what he'd think. Blue were the feelings that lived inside him. I thought it'd be obvious... it was to CnC.

Edit some minutes later:

Into the realm of fan fiction, quite honestly.

Ever read any good ones?

Uriel

puella did some...

.. but really, this is going off topic. Let's just wait on more outward input for now, please?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think this thread is going anywhere, so I'm locking it. Like CnC said, while the possibility of same sex relationships happening is there (why wouldn't it be?), so far there haven't been any. Not Nina and Luca, Not Schierke and Flora, not Farnese and Casca. And those aren't going to happen either. The only concrete examples at this point would be Griffith's one night with Gennon, which we know was motivated by money, and Guts' rape by Donovan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom