Guts will have an evil twin?

Looking back at the scene were the beast of darkness mimicked Guts' face, could this foreshadow that Guts may end up facing the beast in a more physical confrontation they previously thought?

Alright, people, who here can deal with the idea of Guts getting a evil twin that is in fact the beast of darkness given it's own flesh and blood body, a body that looks exactly look Guts? Something that may very well happen because Guts wanted it to. I think he'd see it as the best way to do away with it without delay, instead of worrying about it slowly eating at him from the inside; he'd be able to deal with it the same and best way he's known how to deal with all his enemies: With force. It'd also be a comparable to how Griffith became reborn as a human again in that sense.

Griffith expelled his old feelings toward his comrades so that he'd could continue his dream, Guts would expel his hatred in order to free himself from it in order to keep it from threatening his Casca and his new comrades. Guts gets an new enemy to face, one that may prove to be deadlier then others in the past, without getting in the way of the plot on Griffith's side of things too soon.

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
How? The Beast is only able to manifest itself through Guts. Anything it does it does directly through Guts. As of now, I don't think it can separate itself from him to gain it's own physical body.
Furthermore, there is no comparison between The Beast and Griffith's ascension as Femto. If there is any kind of a battle between the two it seems just as likely that it will take place in his own mind or at Elfhelm under special circumstances.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Badass mode ash said:
Looking back at the scene were the beast of darkness mimicked Guts' face, could this foreshadow that Guts may end up facing the beast in a more physical confrontation they previously thought?

I don't think so. The Beast of Darkness mimicked Guts' face because it is a part of Guts, like some sort of evil conscience. It harasses him, whispers dark thoughts into his mind and tries to make him do bad things.

Badass mode ash said:
Alright, people, who here can deal with the idea of Guts getting a evil twin that is in fact the beast of darkness given it's own flesh and blood body, a body that looks exactly look Guts? Something that may very well happen because Guts wanted it to.

Not me. It sounds a bit ridiculous, IMHO. An evil twin? Seriously? Besides, I doubt Guts would want that to happen even if it were possible, and I don't think "brute force" could solve the problem. It's really not a fitting way to deal with it, even from a storytelling point of view. Not to mention that completely destroying the Beast might not be something to wish for, as the feelings it embodies are a part of what gives Guts his indomitable will. They're an important part of him, and amputating them isn't the right way to solve the problem. Rather, taming the Beast or dissolving it would allow Guts to focus his rage on his enemies exclusively (possibly while keeping a relatively cool head), which I think would be vastly preferable.

Badass mode ash said:
Griffith expelled his old feelings toward his comrades so that he'd could continue his dream, Guts would expel his hatred in order to free himself from it in order to keep it from threatening his Casca and his new comrades.

That's not really comparable here, like Forest Wraith said. The context and process are very different.

Forest Wraith said:
How? The Beast is only able to manifest itself through Guts. Anything it does it does directly through Guts. As of now, I don't think it can separate itself from him to gain it's own physical body.

Well, that's because Guts IS the Beast of Darkness. It's just a personification of his dark feelings. The Beast separating itself from Guts would be akin to his personality splitting in two. It's a part of his mind, not an entity that can stand on its own.

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Absolute quote of what Forest Wraith and Aazealh said.

I think too that there's no point in splitting Guts' id in two parts. Moreover the Beast of Darkness embodies Guts' hidden desires.

Like Godot and Flora said to Guts, he burnt himself with his hatred, and that fire has been the amniotic fluid to grant the Beast's growth. And like Aazealh said it gives Guts a very strong will.

D

Duststorm

Badass mode ash said:
Alright, people, who here can deal with the idea of Guts getting a evil twin that is in fact the beast of darkness given it's own flesh and blood body, a body that looks exactly look Guts? Something that may very well happen because Guts wanted it to. I think he'd see it as the best way to do away with it without delay, instead of worrying about it slowly eating at him from the inside; he'd be able to deal with it the same and best way he's known how to deal with all his enemies: With force.

I don't want to be an ass but did you get this idea from Bleach?( In case you don't know bleach is a another manga) To me it sounds exactly like the whole Ichigo vs inner Hallow arc. Word for word it's the same idea.

Duststorm said:
I don't want to be an ass but did you get this idea from Bleach?( In case you don't know bleach is a another manga) To me it sounds exactly like the whole Ichigo vs inner Hallow arc. Word for word it's the same idea.

No, I wasn't thinking about Bleach when making this. Thing is I hate Bleach and its cliche ridden characters and story, I've given up on the thing ever since the new arc started.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Would said evil twin have a goatee?

Aaz and FW covered most of what needed to be said, but I would like to remind you that rage is one of the things that actually empowers Guts to keep on going. Right now he is pre-occupied with Casca getting a heavy dose of sanity, but to mention Griffith is enough to light a fire under his arse. Shedding his rage would be somewhat superfluous -- it's as much a part of him as anything else. As for the twin being another "foe" for him to reckon with.. well, I won't go off on a rant, but isn't Guts at war enough with himself?

Anyway, I'd be more surprised if Guts suddenly sprouted a "fun loving, pacifist/optimist" twin.

P.S. The idea is very Bleachy and cliche, for the record. Please.. no threads about a Dragonslayer personification, if you don't mind?

Uriel said:
Would said evil twin have a goatee?

Anyway, I'd be more surprised if Guts suddenly sprouted a "fun loving, pacifist/optimist" twin.

Actually, the conversation between the two would be a fun read. haha.

Forest Wraith said:
If there is any kind of a battle between the two it seems just as likely that it will take place in his own mind or at Elfhelm under special circumstances.

Might be possible though... Although like what Dust said it will be akin to Ichigo vs Ogichi in bleach...

But somehow I do think that Guts will have to face his darker side, sooner or later in whatever means (Battles of whatever sort...)

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Uriel said:

I think that that's a better idea than you realize, imagine a dialog between Guts and his inner child? We already had the freaky, traumatic, flash-back, choking scene but what about an actual monologue? With how Guts has developed as a character, maybe he's gotten past the urge to throttle the poor little guy to death by now.

Top Bottom