The dread pirate Skullknight

M

Majin_Gatsu

Consider this possibility ....

I don't know how good the post eclipse translation I read was accurate in saying this, but I remember Skullknight saying that he would wager his life on his sword.  "Wager his life"... Now I 'm putting a lot of assumption into this statement, but I think skullknight is human.

Albeit he maybe a sacrifice.  But maybe Skullknight is a title rather than one man.  This means that Skullknight started with Gaseric... and the title has been passed down from man to man throughout the centuries.

M

Majin_Gatsu

It's all in the way that "you" is perceived.  "You" can refer to a single person or a group of people.  But other than that, I currently have nothing else to support my theory.  You've shot me down for the time being ....

You win this round, Walter ...  >:(

I think I need to spend less time in the speculation section.  I'm going to hurt my brain :p

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Its not a matter of winning or losing...Its a matter of coming up with a logical speculation. Its a cool idea and all, but without anything grounding it with proof, its just a cool fanfiction, ya know?

Neat theory, but what supports it?

"You have stood against us for 1000 years" - Zodd
Well, yeah. But as Professor Ape pointed out it sort of sounds like The Phantom. And everybody thought the Phantom was one guy in that comic. But to be more logical about this I think the Skullknight can`t be totally human because of all the crazy shit he can do (Fly up walls on his horse, break in and out of sub dimensions, beat Zodd the Fucking Immortal in a fair fight), but maybe we could say that the skull helmet gives supernatural powers to its wearer. Oh, and Skullknight`s horse is a rocket ship. That would be bitchin`!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, yeah. But as Professor Ape pointed out it sort of sounds like The Phantom. And everybody thought the Phantom was one guy in that comic. But to be more logical about this I think the Skullknight can`t be totally human because of all the crazy shit he can do (Fly up walls on his horse, break in and out of sub dimensions, beat Zodd the Fucking Immortal in a fair fight)
Or the fact that the font used for Skully's text is the same as apostles/God Hand...

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Yeah well about skully. I was re readin berserk, and the first apparition of skully, when he talks to gattsu in the woods, seemed to be really sad. He came there like a badass typo o guy, but in the end says something like, bad trranscript follows, "a someone who's broken sword swings with desperation" or something like that, really can't tell from th e italian stuff I got. So, what's the point of this? First of all, I believe now Skully is one of the good guys for sure. He may have been the evil emperor, but he definetely repents if thatt's the case, hence his resent towards god hand.
Furthermore, Gattsu defines the "feeling" he got when skully appeared "the same like that time (with Zodd)". I may be wrong on that, but if not, doesn't that contrast Puck perception of skully's aura (almost elven).
I'd say, there ain't such thing as "elven" or "apostle" aura. It's just the way the elf percieves emotions of sentient beings. Supernatural may as well be elven, in all cases. The apostles and the like have supernatural auras an elf is likely to sense since he is supernatural too, only the apostles radiate with eveil,pain, misery,shit mood etc, while the elves are generally full of hope,compassion and other social drama like that.
It is the attitude of a being that generally defines their aura, therefor gattsu may sometimes have that apostle aura that scares puck, for it seems his role is also an "indicator" of the depth and seriousness of gatt's emotional stage.
There, that would be my short excess...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah well about skully. I was re readin berserk, and the first apparition of skully, when he talks to gattsu in the woods, seemed to be really sad.
Hes a tragic figure though...He lost his kingdom (either by his ownd evices or to Void). Hes deservedly a sad character.

He came there like a badass typo o guy, but in the end says something like, bad trranscript follows, "a someone who's broken sword swings with desperation" or something like that, really can't tell from th e italian stuff I got.
"Only the one who stands with a broken sword can..."
Hes referring to Guts situation in the eclipse. "One like you knows death...You will be able to avoid death..."
First of all, I believe now Skully is one of the good guys for sure. He may have been the evil emperor, but he definetely repents if thatt's the case, hence his resent towards god hand.
Well...why did you think he was a bad guy to begin with? Hes never done anything suspicious. He also "fights against evil" as clearly defined in volume 18. As for "repenting"...well it has been 1000 years. I think living with the knowledge of being the catalyst (possible, not revealed) of the death of a kingdom would humble you just a bit...
Furthermore, Gattsu defines the "feeling" he got when skully appeared "the same like that time (with Zodd)". I may be wrong on that, but if not, doesn't that contrast Puck perception of skully's aura (almost elven).
My interpretation of that was just of the aura of something unbeatable. Something that was "above" Guts.
I'd say, there ain't such thing as "elven" or "apostle" aura. It's  just the way the elf percieves emotions of sentient beings. Supernatural may as well be elven, in all cases. The apostles and the like have supernatural auras an elf is likely to sense since he is supernatural too, only the apostles radiate with eveil,pain, misery,shit mood etc, while the elves are generally full of hope,compassion and other social drama like that.
It is the attitude of a being that generally defines their aura, therefor gattsu may sometimes have that apostle aura that scares puck, for it seems his role is also an "indicator" of the depth and seriousness of gatt's emotional stage.
There, that would be my short excess...
Well Berserk isnt supposed to be a direct psychological mirror of our own real world, leave some room for fantasy my friend. Lets just pretend that Elven and Apostle aura's exist and can be sensed by those who are perceptible to them, such as Puck, and leave it at that.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Well...why did you think he was a bad guy to begin with? Hes never done anything suspicious.

I figure his appearance was quite a hint of his backgroud, since so far all the superhumans in berserk were evil and sadistic.
However, referring to the aura talk, I must have shifted my vision a bit too far, since I gave the impression of excessive realism. :p Wouldn't like to seem that way, since I tend to mix rational with the fantastic while immerging myself in the world of berserk. I really take berserk seriously, and I've noticed it has the same, if not stronger, effect on me than the lord of the rings...

Top Bottom