Skullknight's Immortality?

berserker88

The Raging Demon
If :SK: is really King Gaseric I think the reason he still exist is the fact that he was branded like Guts and the only way he can die is by violent means at the hands of a demon or human. In other words by conventional means of death like natural death etc. He cant die and is cursed to live on till he meets that death.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Omega Tom Hanks said:
If :SK: is really King Gaseric I think the reason he still exist is the fact that he was branded like Guts and the only way he can die is by violent means at the hands of a demon or human.

We don't know if SK even is really alive, in fact it's been indicated he might be dead already.

And we know nothing as to how he could be killed. :badbone:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Omega Tom Hanks said:
If :SK: is really King Gaseric I think the reason he still exist is the fact that he was branded like Guts and the only way he can die is by violent means at the hands of a demon or human.

That's completely baseless, and honestly it seems pretty unlikely to me. Anyway, I'm moving the thread to Speculation Nation, since it's just a "theory".

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The only real hint we get at he and Flora's ability to age without much influence is in episode 237:
[quote author=Episode 237]
Skully - It is true, that armour is something I wore

Skully - Long ago, when we were ones who were still in the reasons of time
[/quote]

I'm sure this theory has been brought up before but I think Skullknight exists as a conscience, self, ego .. whatever you wanna call it, that is magically a part of his armor. In essence he is the armor.
Not quite sure about Mr.waffles, his turbo charged flying horse.
P.S why isn't there a Mr.Waffles emoticon?

Ramen4ever said:
I'm sure this theory has been brought up before but I think Skullknight exists as a conscience, self, ego .. whatever you wanna call it, that is magically a part of his armor. In essence he is the armor.
Not quite sure about Mr.waffles, his turbo charged flying horse.
P.S why isn't there a Mr.Waffles emoticon?

What about one for the berserker armor? A emoticon for that would be nice.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This isn't an emoticon thread, so please limit the discussion to the topic at hand. I take speculation nation very seriously, which you'll soon see.

Since he's been around for +1,000 years, it's clear Skull Knight's getting around the whole "natural death" aspect somehow, but I don't think that necessarily means he "has to die a violent death at the hands of a demon or human."

Based on Tom Hanks' original speculation and facts presented, I think it would be equally feasible to claim that the Skull Knight must eat his way to death by filling his hollow, spikey, armored shell with waffles (no, not Mr. Waffles, that would be cruel. It's simply a terrible irony that the Skull Knight's transportation companion is named after his secret weakness).

Without an organic digestive system, he is cursed to live until he saturates his Beherit-hole with waffle goo, which would seal off his connection to the astral world (his stomach, hence his ability to meld the Beherits into the Yobimizu no Tsurugi) thereby severing his artificial life extention and killing him.

:void:: That is the cruel fate handed down by the god created by man: To die in the ruins of one's breakfast.

PS: It's just a theory damnit! I hate you Tom Hanks...
PPS: Waffles and syrup.
PPPS: I'm on heavy doses of prescription cold medication.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
I thought one of the reasons why he ate the behelits were to stop the creation of apostles? If most of them are being collected by him then there must be less ceremonies going on that would be creating Apostles.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Omega Tom Hanks said:
I thought one of the reasons why he ate the Beherits were to stop the creation of apostles? If most of them are being collected by him then there must be less ceremonies going on that would be creating Apostles.

Well, nothing is known about the number of them out there or how they are created, but they will find their intended owner. I doubt SK has much control over that.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Omega Tom Hanks said:
I thought one of the reasons why he ate the Beherits were to stop the creation of apostles? If most of them are being collected by him then there must be less ceremonies going on that would be creating Apostles.
How exactly is that a valid response to my speculation, or in any way related to this topic? Anyway, yes, one of the earlier theories was, indeed, that he was trying to take Beherits out of circulation, but with the appearance of the Yobimizu no Tsurugi, that theory takes a back seat in my opinion. Their primary use is to power the sword which he's saving for a special, brainy occasion.

I think there were scenes of SK at night, but I haven't seen hordes of undead attacking and surrounding him. Specifically for him, I mean. But then again, maybe his horse was too fast for them other skullies and zombies. :SK:

BTW, I find him hot.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Iilysium said:
I think there were scenes of SK at night, but I haven't seen hordes of undead attacking and surrounding him. Specifically for him, I mean. But then again, maybe his horse was too fast for them other skullies and zombies. :SK:

That doesn't really prove anything. Not only would it be relatively uninteresting to show him fighting against mere spectres (it's not like we see him very often in the first place, fighting or not), but there are many possible explanations for this hypothesis. For example, given SK's apparent lack of organic body, there would be nothing for them to possess. It could also be speculated that he stands too deeply in the astral world to be attainable by those weaker creatures, or that he's simply too strong.

^
I also seem to recall that he had a fairies scent to him, apparently evil spirits stay away from him, kinda like how they stayed away from Godot's mine.
Although I'm not 100% sure.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
I also seem to recall that he had a fairies scent to him, apparently evil spirits stay away from him, kinda like how they stayed away from Godot's mine.
Although I'm not 100% sure.

Puck felt some sort of elfin aura coming from him. That doesn't necessarily mean evil spirits stay away from him though, and in fact it wasn't implied in that scene. I think it's more of a clue about what SK went through and led to his current condition.

Aazealh said:
That doesn't necessarily mean evil spirits stay away from him though, and in fact it wasn't implied in that scene.

Actually I doubt its impossible, I mean having those special scent could possible mean he could be link to the elves, which may imply those evil spirits might not get close to him...

Or his armor have some sort of charm like it did for berserker armor (by flora's work)...

And lastly, I think its really very interesting to know how SK can die...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Actually I doubt its impossible, I mean having those special scent could possible mean he could be link to the elves, which may imply those evil spirits might not get close to him...

Do evil spirits stay away from Puck? Nope. Anyway, nobody said it was impossible, just that Puck's observation didn't prove anything in that regard. As usual Smith, I can't say I find your comment very pertinent.

JetBlack

CASULTY FAN
I think that SK is a spirit that lives between the real world and the spiritual world.
I didn't remember where but it was explained that elves also live in the spiritual world, and that when a spirit dies and he is strong willed to finish a thing he can mmmm like seems material in the world. So SK died in that Berserk's armor (he experienced all the side effects Guts feels now) and this is the form he had when wearing that armor. Do you remember before Guts wore that armor there was a skull... So he is a spirit. :daiba:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JetBlack said:
I think that SK is a spirit that lives between the real world and the spiritual world.

Like, in an Interstice?! :isidro:

JetBlack said:
I didn't remember where but it was explained that elves also live in the spiritual world, and that when a spirit dies and he is strong willed to finish a thing he can mmmm like seems material in the world.

You're thinking of Flora's explanation in volume 24. The part about dead spirits is a little different though, and she specifies that most people can't stay in that layer too long.

JetBlack said:
So SK died in that Berserk's armor (he experienced all the side effects Guts feels now) and this is the form he had when wearing that armor. Do you remember before Guts wore that armor there was a skull... So he is a spirit.

You know, I actually thought about something similar myself many years ago, how SK could have died and through his incredible willpower remained in the upper layers of the astral world, until Flora came to bring him back to the world with the help of elves by encasing his spirit into a magical armor. I still like this idea, but don't be mistaken: it's only theory until proven true. The things you list as evidence don't prove anything, for example the skull-shaped helmet only means he was the last person to extensively use the armor (we don't even really know how the shape-changing process is activated), and it doesn't mean the events that ended with him wearing his current armor followed that particular direction. Even assuming he was the last owner of the Berserk's armor, his body could have been transferred while he lay dying or freshly dead into the new armor, and then fused with it.

Top Bottom