The Brand and the Symbol

P

paradiselost

...I really agree with Griffith, Gaiseric is Alexander the great, for that period...

...uhm...

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
About gatsu being odin...I really am not that illiterate to compare gatsu with odin. I saw somewhere there's a deaity, a minor one, that slightly reminds of gatsu. After all, the dragonslayer is a norse sword.
Griffith got me there with alexander the great...I support his thory now, it's much more probable. But overall comparing the world od medieval europe to berserk is for a distant reference only, we all know it has little to do with the story, right?
Right,right..

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
But overall comparing the world od medieval europe to berserk is for a distant reference only, we all know it has little to do with the story, right?
Right,right..
Yeah, but it is interesting comparing Berserk with history, even if there isn’t necessarily a connection to be made.

-Griffith

P

paradiselost

...well, in Berserk there many historical periods in a kind of mixture all together...
...some elements from the Middle Ages, some other ones from the Renaissence, and go on...

::)

Asir

that facil is to die, that dificil is to be born
uhm...

we are going to think Gaiseric: improbable to say that was an alejandro great or a July to cease or including a genkis khan, since is obvious, that if existence presumes the ideal of a great one lider world but well is of the elements but original done by Miura:

Gattsu: Conan the barbarian! !!!!!!!! (if or not?) uhm. .... any boy of the towns barbaros in the recien average age Average age: at the beginning of its life, the first thousand years before the millennium, moment of fights among chief barbaros by ground and to be able, its adultez, feudal wars its life as espadachin marked, formacion of modern states, terminacion of the crusades (the young men of the chain of iron) midland and tudor the war of the a hundred years (130 to be extactos) you have razon in that invasion of Midland, FallenMarch 23, 1453 by the Turkish Otomanos.

Griffit: Juana of Arch! !!!!!!!! (not not not!) eh. ........la second come from Christ? .....noooooooo

the king Arthur, and the round table

Äsír

D

Dog Hand

Hello! I am new to these boards, at least in terms of replying.

However, in terms of Nordic gods, Gatsu seems to be more like Tyr, the one armed god of justice. Tyr lost his arm in an agreement for the wild Fenris to be chained. If Fenris could not bite through his chains than Tyr would have to put his hand in Fenris's mouth. Tyr complied and had his arm bitten off in the name of justice.

Everytime I've seen the brand I've thought of runes...

I have a small rune book hardly a good source but from what I have here the brand looks like a combination of the runes Algiz and Othila (Viking runes) Algiz (The center staff and crown like portion at the top) means protection and Othila (the diamond and v shape remaining of the brand) means seperation. The only problem is, Ohtila is upside down in the brand...which would give it a negative reading.

:)

Top Bottom