12 year old kills man trying to murder mom

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jRqffGhWFiSUjeuCrMohh1203K9AD8VPRFC80

HYATTSVILLE, Md. (AP) — A 12-year-old boy fatally slashed a man who was attacking his mother at the boarding house where they lived, authorities said.

Salomon Noubissie, 64, died at a hospital after he was slashed across the neck Monday night in the home in the Landover area.

Cpl. Diane Richardson, a spokeswoman for Prince George's County police, said Wednesday that authorities hadn't decided whether the boy would be charged with anything. They were reviewing the case with the state's attorney's office.

The boy said he had been playing a video game Monday night when he heard his mother, Cheryl Stamp, scream. He found her on the kitchen floor, straddled by a fellow resident who was choking her.

"I kept saying, 'Stop! Stop! Stop!'" the boy told The Washington Post, which published his account without giving his name. "But he just ignored me. He didn't stop. He just kept hurting her."

The boy said he took a knife and swung at the man. Police say they found Noubissie with a knife wound to the upper body.

Stamp said she didn't fully realize at first what her son had done. "He didn't say anything," she said. "But I knew when I looked in his eyes. I said, 'Oh, Lord.' "

Rarely is a 12-year-old implicated in a homicide, and even less often does a child that age kill someone to protect his mother.

"In Maryland, there can be a legitimate defense of third parties in the event of a violent attack," State's Attorney Glenn F. Ivey told the newspaper. "That is a possibility in this case."

Stamp said she and Noubissie, a Cameroonian immigrant, had moved into the boarding house within days of each other three months ago and had become friends. Stamp said Noubissie had told her he was studying to be a psychiatrist.

But on Monday night, she said, he was acting differently. He started to yell at her and grab her hair.

"He threw me down and started choking me. I think that's when my son came in. ... He protected me," she said.

Noubissie was combative with officers when they arrived, even as he was bleeding heavily, she said.

The boy said he was not happy with what happened but felt he had no choice.

"I told God that I had stabbed him because he was killing my mother. I know he understands, and I think he will keep us safe now."

Thankfully the police don't look like they are going to actually press charges on this kid, seeing how he really didn't have any other choice.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
In this case, it looks like he'll be fine. But it makes me think about how if things had happened slightly differently, he probably would have been tried as an adult. (am I exaggerating? I hope I am...)

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Scorpio said:
In this case, it looks like he'll be fine. But it makes me think about how if things had happened slightly differently, he probably would have been tried as an adult. (am I exaggerating? I hope I am...)

In Maryland? He would have to murder an old folks home to get that and that would be a very strong If.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
I was thinking America in general. We tend to have very contradictory policies about age, so I wouldn't be too surprised if the kid was charged as an adult. But it seems like he's in the clear here.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Oh my gawd he was playing a VIDEO GAME right before he killed that man? Obviously its to blame for this violent outburst! :schierke: I say good for him, I'd fight someone to the death if the life of my mum was in danger.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Can't blame a kid who saves his mom from some crazy guy. I just hope this event won't fuck the kid up for life.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Scorpio said:
I was thinking America in general. We tend to have very contradictory policies about age, so I wouldn't be too surprised if the kid was charged as an adult. But it seems like he's in the clear here.

Maryland in general doesn't ever seem to charge someone under age as an adult. Back when those two guys and their girlfriend were driving around shooting people [in 2002 or 2003], Maryland had to send the 17 year old to Virginia because he wouldn't get tried as an adult or get the death penatly.

Honestly I think the police would have to be a fucking asshole for charging this kid with murder, especially with the "he was trying to murder my mom" defense.

But it needs to be verified that the boy is not lying about why he killed the man. If this story is true, then a young boy proved that he was a loyal son. If this story is false, then an innocent man was brutally stabbed and a clever murderer walks free.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
A 12-year-old criminal mastermind that will forever escape police if they let him go this time.

They should check and see if "666" is seared into his scalp.

But in all seriousness, the kid sounds like a hero to me.  If someone's trying to hurt or kill you (or in this case, someone nearby) it's perfectly justified to hurt or kill them in defense.  That's my belief, anyway.

Rhombaad said:
If someone's trying to hurt or kill you (or in this case, someone nearby) it's perfectly justified to hurt or kill them in defense. That's my belief, anyway.

I agree with you. They just need to make sure that that was what actually happened.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Peregrine_Falcon said:
I agree with you. They just need to make sure that that was what actually happened.

That's what they are doing. He's a 12 year old kid, that and the guy still resisted the police even after having his throat cut open.

The Washington Post mentioned that the kid cut him and the guy let go of his mom and they both ran into their room and locked the door. It also mentioned they didn't leave the room until the police got him out of the house.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
The same guy who was surprised that prostitutes would sell a sex tape to the tabloids is suspicious of the 12 year old hero. =)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith No More! said:
The same guy who was surprised that prostitutes would sell a sex tape to the tabloids is suspicious of the 12 year old hero. =)

Yeah I noticed the pattern too. I'm afraid to think further about the implications, to be honest.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Maybe a picture of the boy will shed some light on these allegations...

williamsndin.jpg

Godred

Once sent from the Golden Hall.
Giving that kid any kind of time in jail would be fucked. In that situation, how could anyone expect him to not kill the guy? I mean, seriously. Put anyone in that position, no one would think of morality at that point. Someone is trying to kill a family member, you should stop them immediately, even if it means brutally killing them.
If it all turns out to be true, the kid should get an apology for anyone giving him shit for this. How the fuck could a 12 year old have the option to incapacitate an adult? Killing seems like the only option for someone that incapable of having a list of choices. (because of his size)
Its always bleeding hearts for the murderer and evil glares towards the protector.

I think just the thought of him getting jail time set me off.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
He didn't "brutally kill" him, the guy died of blood loss after police had arrived, once at the hospital. The kid just did whatever he could to make the guy stop, and then he and his mom fled.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Godred said:
If it came to it, brutally killing is an understandable option.

My point that the kid didn't even do anything like that. He was clearly just trying to save his mom, not to murder the assailant.

Godred

Aazealh said:
My point that the kid didn't even do anything like that. He was clearly just trying to save his mom, not to murder the assailant.

I knowz. Thats why I say IF it came to it. and he should stop him. cause stopping him is what he did. The step was a flirt to the attempt of murder. and brutally killing him, being the highest extent of an option, is still a ok. What he did was the lightest thing he should of done in that position, thats why im so mad. Even if he went all out on the guy. he should still be in the clear.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Godred said:
If it came to it, brutally killing is an understandable option.

No. If the boy had stabbed the guy 12 times and broke the knife off in his head, this would be a whole different story.

Godred said:
I knowz. Thats why I say IF it came to it. and he should stop him. cause stopping him is what he did. The step was a flirt to the attempt of murder. and brutally killing him, being the highest extent of an option, is still a ok. What he did was the lightest thing he should of done in that position, thats why im so mad. Even if he went all out on the guy. he should still be in the clear.

I don't think attacking someone with a knife [aside from the butter knife varieties] is ever light. Also, not even if he did go out and destroy the guy it wouldn't be ok, the kid and mom then would both be brought up on murder charges. Making things a lot harder for them to prove their innocence.

Self defense isn't an accuse to kill someone it's there to give you the chance to fight off your attacker and to escape. If you happen to kill the person, you killed him. What you don't do is shoot a guy in the leg then kill him after he already surrendered. You would be brought up on murder charges for that.

Godred

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
No. If the boy had stabbed the guy 12 times and broke the knife off in his head, this would be a whole different story.

If I saw someone trying to kill my mom. I would of been tossed into a fury and done much more than that. anyone should be expected to go into a hot blooded wild anger when seeing their mother being done like that.

I'm just trying to say that no one should be expected to keep their composure and do the minimum when their mother is being murdered before their eyes.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Godred said:
The step was a flirt to the attempt of murder.

I'm sorry but not really. It's all a matter of intent and context, like VHB already explained. I get your point (yeah obviously, who wouldn't be enraged when seeing someone trying to kill their mom) but I think you're doing it a disservice by insisting on a hypothetical different turn of events.

Godred

Aazealh said:
I'm sorry but not really. It's all a matter of intent and context, like VHB already explained. I get your point (yeah obviously, who wouldn't be enraged when seeing someone trying to kill their mom) but I think you're doing it a disservice by insisting on a hypothetical different turn of events.

Just tryin to dwarf his actual situation with the idea of a much more brutal approach. Because if we could agree that a furiously vicious state of mind is understandable, then what he actually did (Being much less bloody) must be undeniably understandable.

Top Bottom