Author Topic: Official Slam Dunk thread  (Read 20063 times)

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
Re: Official Slam Dunk thread
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2018, 07:06:23 PM »
Oh man ... these covers look really good. What do you think Walter?

They don't excite me. And this is the second time that I know of for the series to be re-released with new covers. After all that, I still prefer the originals. Each one tried a different style, so that even those that aren't great at least showed an artistic attempt at some fresh take on the characters/mood. And these pristine-looking things are really going to contrast harshly with the art inside them, which developed considerably across the years he produced Slam Dunk.

Anyway, this all seems like a cheap grab for attention and money -- a path of least resistance for Inoue to make a bit of cash. And why not? It's his series. But if Inoue is going to revisit this material, I'd prefer to see something a little more substantial. A teasing flash forward would be pretty powerful for longtime fans (Sakuragi and Rukawa in a college game, for example). The "10 Days Later" serial was too low-effort to satiate that appetite. I doubt we'll ever get a "sequel," despite many seeds having been laid for one throughout vols 20-31, though I can certainly live without one.

Offline Hitoshura

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2018, 03:58:39 AM »

New reorganized edition volumes 7-10
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road. Neither human, nor devil... all bends to my will" - Hitoshura

Offline TheBranded1

• The Terminator
  • Of the Vortex
  • I'll be back.
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2018, 01:54:27 PM »
Hope they come states side

Offline Hitoshura

« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2018, 03:06:53 AM »

New reorganized edition volumes 11-14
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road. Neither human, nor devil... all bends to my will" - Hitoshura

Offline Hitoshura

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2018, 01:10:08 AM »
And here's the final volumes.

Offline Hitoshura

« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2018, 05:05:16 AM »
The new edition of Slam Dunk ranked #4 on Oriconís top-selling manga in Japan by series in 2018 (Nov. 20, 2017-Nov. 18, 2018) with a estimated sales total of 5,214,085.

https://www.oricon.co.jp/confidence/special/52166/7/

New poster preview for anyone that bought all 20 volumes of the reorganized edition of the manga in Japan.