Theoden's 3D Sculpts

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Re: 3D Zodd sculpt and other stuff

Nice! Glad to see Wyald is getting some love! Looks really good, too. I hope you finish it!

Grail

Feel the funk blast

Good choice! :carcus: Wyald looks pretty close to the original panel (minus the hair, of course). Guts's face is tricky to pin down, as always, but maybe the lighting here makes his face look kind of skinny to me. Nice touch with the bootlaces, by the way.

:serpico:

I rarely got time to post nowadays, but man! I had to comment on this. I love what you´re doing here. Im not gonna bother with my amateur nitpicking cause I know how much of a perfectionist you are yourself... Both of those are def buys for me.

Good stuff whenever I see Berserk 3d art it reminds me of my never completed projects :puck: sadness

I'd just say first I really like the work you have done so far and the Wyald one is great, as for criticism your Guts model in general I feel it has too many sharp edges, for instance his lips, eyelids, some places around his muscles, some weird deformation going on at the chin and cheekbones as well. I would go more soft and less pinching to get a more natural look.

It's been some time since my last post here.
Not so much have changed, but I'd like to share some exciting news with you !
Yesterday I received a sample of the 3D printer I am going to order.

Here it is :
10155146_10152410263538244_4227191940244445503_n.jpg

As you can see, it's very detailed, fast, and it's resin material.
Now I can't stop thinking about all the Berserk possibilities I could produce.....

Delta Phi said:
Nice! Glad to see Wyald is getting some love! Looks really good, too. I hope you finish it!
Thank you. I will! And I could even make a statue of it =D

Grail said:
Good choice! :carcus: Wyald looks pretty close to the original panel (minus the hair, of course). Guts's face is tricky to pin down, as always, but maybe the lighting here makes his face look kind of skinny to me. Nice touch with the bootlaces, by the way.
Yeah the face is always the biggest challenge!! Thank you for your interest.

Hanma_Baki said:
:serpico:

I rarely got time to post nowadays, but man! I had to comment on this. I love what you´re doing here. Im not gonna bother with my amateur nitpicking cause I know how much of a perfectionist you are yourself... Both of those are def buys for me.
Thank you! Amateur nitpicking is always welcome, as long as it's constructive :guts:

asic said:
Good stuff whenever I see Berserk 3d art it reminds me of my never completed projects :puck: sadness

I'd just say first I really like the work you have done so far and the Wyald one is great, as for criticism your Guts model in general I feel it has too many sharp edges, for instance his lips, eyelids, some places around his muscles, some weird deformation going on at the chin and cheekbones as well. I would go more soft and less pinching to get a more natural look.
I've always been a fan of your Zodd! You are absolutely right, I tend too much to sharpen the edges.

ambientshanks said:
Theoden said:
Non Berserk related, but I think there are some GoT fans here :ganishka:

1973767_10152056063548244_8175662561964954017_o.jpg

Woooow. That is absolutely stunning! Amazing details. Great work!

Thank you!

Hey guys, I've been working hard on my Guts Sculpt, reshaping, tweaking, reworking again and again and again... I'm getting closer.
I hope you like it. I am going to make a bust, polystone kit.
10862510_10152503931728244_8954669709360659885_o.jpg

10847242_10152503931598244_9078650084351260825_o.jpg

10687536_10152503931573244_6088694186070593279_o.jpg

Next update I'll make, hopefully I will have finished and printed a prototype!!
Cheers :guts:

Grail

Feel the funk blast

As always Theoden, you never fail to impress. :guts: Can't wait to see it when it emerges from the printer!

Mangetsu said:
The progress you made is just amazing. You pretty much nailed Guts Face. Great Job :void:

progress_1.jpg
progress2.jpg

Thanks bro!! I almost feel ashame about the first attempt... But, well, it turned out not so bad heh? :carcus:

Grail said:
As always Theoden, you never fail to impress. :guts: Can't wait to see it when it emerges from the printer!

Thanks Grail!! I can't wait as well!! I'm counting the days before It finally reaches me :isidro:

Well well well... I've said that the next update would be with the prototype printed... I LIED :ganishka: (even If that's not a big update...)
I made a test expression and I couldn't resist sharing it with you.
Here is how it turned out:
10856820_10152510803293244_3732795566902220266_o.jpg

and here's a little gif I made with that :
http://gifmaker.me/PlayFrameAnimation.php?folder=2014121608UqhMbE2wFGGuBwuWc0PCXM

Mangetsu said:
:isidro: Duude. It just keeps on looking better and better. And that gif is awsome :serpico:

Thanks bro!

I finally printed my prototype. Only the base of the sculpt is missing. The difference of color is due to a different lighting setting.
The sculpture is far from being finished, It is not sanded and is just v01.

I hope you like it.

10903943_10152680888118244_8120099063062809714_o.jpg

Wow the scars look fantastic! The likeness is spot on, too. What material did you have it printed in?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Theoden said:
Thanks bro!

I finally printed my prototype. Only the base of the sculpt is missing. The difference of color is due to a different lighting setting.
The sculpture is far from being finished, It is not sanded and is just v01.

I hope you like it.

VERY nice. With this kind of quality you could easily launch a statue business (or sell your services to one such company)... Seriously, great job there. :ubik:

Kruge said:
Wow the scars look fantastic! The likeness is spot on, too. What material did you have it printed in?

Thank you :void: the material is grey resin.

Aazealh said:
VERY nice. With this kind of quality you could easily launch a statue business (or sell your services to one such company)... Seriously, great job there. :ubik:

Thanks a lot. It is my greatest wish... If you can contact a statue company to hire me, well, I would jump on the first plane :ganishka:
I wish I was Japanese... :sad:

IncantatioN said:
That looks so good, congrats! What scale/ how tall is it?

Thank you!! height is 14,5 cm | 5,7 inches width is 14 cm | 5,51 inches, but without the base since I haven't printed it at the moment. So it's 1/4 I believe.

The bust was a first try, to get to know the machine and how to work with it. Later I will try full statue, which should actually be more simple to produce!

Edit : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu_Bn-TfG1k&feature=youtu.be

I added a video turntable of the armored version.

Grail

Feel the funk blast

At last! To be able to see your artwork in physical form after seeing it on a screen for so long must be a great feeling. Congrats, it came out looking great! :ubik:

Impressive work! That printing came out great :ubik:

What printer are you using?

Grail said:
At last! To be able to see your artwork in physical form after seeing it on a screen for so long must be a great feeling. Congrats, it came out looking great! :ubik:

Indeed...!After all this time it is something. Thank you for your support through this :guts:

asic said:
Impressive work! That printing came out great :ubik:

What printer are you using?

IncantatioN said:
He posted about picking up a Formlabs form 1+ printer. Could be from that?

Yes this is from my printer Formlabs form 1+. I am not rich enough to possess more than one :ganishka:

I'm glad you guys like it. I must delay a bit this project but next I will start the armored version... !

What's cool about the 3d print is there are a lot of undercuts in the hair of your sculpt that just aren't possible to recreate by molding and casting.

DirectDK said:
Incredible!!!

Thank you :guts:

Kruge said:
What's cool about the 3d print is there are a lot of undercuts in the hair of your sculpt that just aren't possible to recreate by molding and casting.

Yes it would be difficult I guess.

Anyways, here are some new pictures. I finally managed to print the base, now the bust is almost complete, only the nameplate is missing.
I hope you like it.

11113389_10152752305203244_2509519277279166177_o.jpg

here is a picture for the scale

10866078_10152752305363244_4349512588064091784_o.jpg

Top Bottom