Theoden's 3D Sculpts

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Easily among the best merchandize ever produced. If Hakusensha weren't so finicky I'd suggest you try and become an official partner.

asic said:
Damn that's good. Amazing likeness, well done! :ubik:

Thank you! It's been a very long way to reach this progress.

Aazealh said:
Easily among the best merchandize ever produced. If Hakusensha weren't so finicky I'd suggest you try and become an official partner.

I'm seriously considering it. I started working on another important character... I think people will like it.

Lithrael said:
Agreed w/ these guys, this is top notch, looking forward to seeing it painted!

Thank you! It's on the way.

Rhombaad said:
Those are really great. :guts:

Thank you!

Things are a bit slow at the moment, but soon things should go very fast.

Had some time to work on this guy... Really fun to sculpt this character. Always interesting to play with the shapes.

It's amazing to see he bears similarities with Zodd and yet he's really different. Reading again the manga, and didn't remember how big he was... I wonder If he could have been a serious threat to Zodd If he hadn't been severely wounded by Guts right before his execution.

11794164_10153022278258244_1425162834295989490_o.jpg

Anyways, here is another render of my Guts on the seahorse. A few things to improve but it's almost finished.

11717466_10153017567963244_5143438280822638672_o.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Theoden said:
I wonder If he could have been a serious threat to Zodd If he hadn't been severely wounded by Guts right before his execution.

...Nah. Zodd towers above simple brutes like Wyald.

P.S. His motto is "Enjoy & Exciting".

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Theoden said:
Had some time to work on this guy... Really fun to sculpt this character. Always interesting to play with the shapes.

Awesome work! It does look like you had a good time with it. :guts: His expression looks really natural, and his fuzzy friend's "expression" is cracking me up. :ganishka:

Theoden said:
Anyways, here is another render of my Guts on the seahorse. A few things to improve but it's almost finished.

Looks great, I think the more atmospheric lighting you chose for this rendering does justice to all of your hard work in sculpting the details in the muscle and fabric. :carcus:

Aazealh said:
...Nah. Zodd towers above simple brutes like Wyald.

P.S. His motto is "Enjoy & Exciting".

I believe you're right, I just thought that in matter of brute force wyald is probably superior (?)

I was looking for his motto, without any errors so thank you!

Grail said:
Awesome work! It does look like you had a good time with it. :guts: His expression looks really natural, and his fuzzy friend's "expression" is cracking me up. :ganishka:

Looks great, I think the more atmospheric lighting you chose for this rendering does justice to all of your hard work in sculpting the details in the muscle and fabric. :carcus:

Thank you Grail. His dog gave me some hard time to do since I didn't use automatic symetry, which is why it's draft like that.. But it's always good for practice. I really want to complete at least his portrait (was working on the rough I made with Guts strangling him but didn't get enough time).

About the lighting and other on Guts it's really thanks to luck :carcus: I really need to take lessons on lighting and rendering...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Theoden said:
I believe you're right, I just thought that in matter of brute force wyald is probably superior (?)

Haha no way man, Zodd is unstoppable, he went through a stone wall in volume 22, destroying Godot's cave in the process, and that barely gave him pause. He would have ripped Wyald apart, like a tiger mangling a baboon.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
Haha no way man, Zodd is unstoppable, he went through a stone wall in volume 22, destroying Godot's cave in the process, and that barely gave him pause. He would have ripped Wyald apart, like a tiger mangling a baboon.

Did I hear baboon? :ganishka: :slan:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
I knew that would get to you! :zodd:

Well the door was wide open for me... now to see Rakshas sloth form soon... :ganishka:

But seriously good work Theoden! I myself could never be good with computer graphics. Keep up the good work.

I just can't get over the level of detail you're able to get on these, even down to the grain of the wood on the beams of the ship. They look awesome! :ubik:

Aazealh said:

You're actually right, I didn't think about that. But still, just what Wyald did with the trunks... I'm not sure about the baboon, isn't Wyald closer to a gorilla? If Zodd is a tiger, a gorilla should be a good match for him. But I think the main difference is the ferocity of Zodd and pure rage, while using refined warrior skills ( at least when he's not transformed ). Wyald doesn't seem to care about such things ( fighting with a wooden branch... :ganishka: )
Plus, a Golden Age Guts wounded to death an apostle Wyald, while I'm not sure Guts could have harmed the same way Zodd...

jackson_hurley said:
Well the door was wide open for me... now to see Rakshas sloth form soon... :ganishka:

But seriously good work Theoden! I myself could never be good with computer graphics. Keep up the good work.

Thank you! Well it's like everything, we all suck and then by spending countless hours we improve...

JMP said:
I just can't get over the level of detail you're able to get on these, even down to the grain of the wood on the beams of the ship. They look awesome! :ubik:

Thank you! I'm glad there are other detail freaks here :SK: and as you probably saw some of the wood grain and other parts need some rework (hand & knots bandages ) ... I'm on it.
Talking about the Ship, I originally had in mind sculpting some pieces on the outside of the wooden planks but I have no Idea what they are and I'm lacking reference material...

Anyways, I made two more 3D renders, close ups for details lovers like me :serpico: who knows, it can also serve as wallpaper :carcus:
Enjoy!

guillaume-vanson-guts-rendu-002-37.jpg

11895162_10153031891523244_6824887867818723440_o.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Theoden said:
You're actually right, I didn't think about that. But still, just what Wyald did with the trunks... I'm not sure about the baboon, isn't Wyald closer to a gorilla? If Zodd is a tiger, a gorilla should be a good match for him. But I think the main difference is the ferocity of Zodd and pure rage, while using refined warrior skills ( at least when he's not transformed ). Wyald doesn't seem to care about such things ( fighting with a wooden branch...)
Plus, a Golden Age Guts wounded to death an apostle Wyald, while I'm not sure Guts could have harmed the same way Zodd...

Really, all I meant was that Zodd would slaughter Wyald, I wasn't trying to pinpoint what ape he's most similar to. There are many reasons for Zodd's superiority, be it his fighting skills, his brute strength, his regenerative abilities or his ferocity in battle. I don't want to dwell on this, but I think the portrayal of both characters in the series makes it abundantly clear how big of a gap there is between them.

Theoden said:
Anyways, I made two more 3D renders, close ups for details lovers like me :serpico: who knows, it can also serve as wallpaper :carcus:
Enjoy!
Thanks! I definitely appreciate the attention to detail! On that subject, I like what you did with the texture on Guts' cloak, too. :serpico:

JMP said:
Thanks! I definitely appreciate the attention to detail! On that subject, I like what you did with the texture on Guts' cloak, too. :serpico:

Thank you. I think that's the kind of detail which makes a difference. I also believe it would be a crime not to do this kind of thing since it's inspired by such detailed artworks as well.

Blade of the Berserker said:
Any chance you'd want to see these in bronze or aluminum? I'm into casting metal and I think these would be very easy to make molds with.

That's a nice Idea and I've been also thinking about it myself. I will release my first statue and I will see for everything else. Tomorrow will be a big day regarding this matter!

Anyway, reading the last 2 episodes I couldn't help myself but to start a Tarpasa... They are so badass.... !!! :guts:
2XPWdIx.jpg

Looks great so far!
Have you thought about making Silat as well?
It would be really cool to see scenes like this recreated.
http://imgur.com/oqXVnHE

Rezin said:
Looks great so far!
Have you thought about making Silat as well?
It would be really cool to see scenes like this recreated.
http://imgur.com/oqXVnHE

Thank you Rezin. Yes I've thought about it :serpico: but... At first it was supposed to be a speed sketch, of the head.. Then I wanted to make the full body...So I will stop for now on this since I got way too many things I must finish first..
I'm currently working on my second bust. It's still very draft and this will be the most challenging character for me.
AQLar5l.jpg

The Tapasa looks great! Now can you make one that's smiling? Just joking. :slan: Also I think you managed to make Griffith look quite predatory and sinister. Wonderful job! :ubik:

Theoden said:
Thank you Rezin. Yes I've thought about it :serpico: but... At first it was supposed to be a speed sketch, of the head.. Then I wanted to make the full body...So I will stop for now on this since I got way too many things I must finish first..
I'm currently working on my second bust. It's still very draft and this will be the most challenging character for me.
Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate, looking forward to seeing what other characters you decide to create.
Good luck with Griffith, I'm sure crafting that armor of his will be a worthy challenge! :griffnotevil:

JMP said:
The Tapasa looks great! Now can you make one that's smiling? Just joking. :slan: Also I think you managed to make Griffith look quite predatory and sinister. Wonderful job! :ubik:

Haha don't tempt me !! But that wouldn't take too long to make.. Why not, in the next few days :ganishka:
Yes, you're right. Probably too much predatory and too much sinister. I will correct that.
Thank you!! :slan:

Rezin said:
Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate, looking forward to seeing what other characters you decide to create.
Good luck with Griffith, I'm sure crafting that armor of his will be a worthy challenge! :griffnotevil:

Oh yes... Got more than 10 sculptures to finish and print... Still a lot of work to do with very few free time.
The armor isn't the problem, I think his face is the hardest part, and his hair... My god they will take so much time haha. But that's what makes him such a great character too ! :guts:

I almost forgot, probably the emotion... I've been waiting for a VERY LONG time this prototype v2 of my bust... Here it is !!
Ta-dam !! :carcus:
12006676_10153093362753244_5383128069858365349_o.jpg

Top Bottom