Predictions of what will happen in the near future

G

Gangstap

It seems like Ive been waiting for the next episode to come out for a long long time, so while we kill time; Im wondering what you all predict to happen in the near future of the manga. This will hopefully entertain me for a while... I can only hope lol.

Well, given that I haven't seen any preview for the new manga, and going from the previous EPISODES, I can safely say that either we'll continue with Ganishka/Griffith, switch back to Guts and co., or switch back and forth between them.

What I'd like to see is the Ganishka/Griffith confrontation left ambigiously unresolved - a return to the ship, maybe a 'some weeks/months later' sort of thing, the EPISODE ending with the sighting of the island in the distance. It's been awhile since Guts and etc have seen any screen time, I miss them! :serpico:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Bekul said:
What I'd like to see is the Ganishka/Griffith confrontation left ambigiously unresolved - a return to the ship, maybe a 'some weeks/months later' sort of thing, the EPISODE ending with the sighting of the island in the distance. It's been awhile since Guts and etc have seen any screen time, I miss them! :serpico:
Wow, really? After all this buildup and 19 weeks of waiting you want the big conflict to be left unresolved for another 16? Screw that. I want the TRUTH. And I CAN HANDLE IT! I'm expecting to see a new form of Griffith in the coming episodes, which was hinted at by the huge wings at the end of 297. After the showdown, we could soon witness one of the culminating moments the series has been building towards -- Griffith's coronation.

On the ship, Guts and the Beast have already had their scene, where it basically said it would bide its time until the right moment before surging violently back into Guts life. Which is what I was expecting to happen while on the ship, to some extent, after Guts' condition was weakened. With that out of the way and some sea adventures already accomplished through the Pirates' attack, I don't foresee any immediate conflicts on the sea journey. So, Im hoping we'll see Elfhelm's shores before the year's end. Here's hoping anyway.

G

Gangstap

Oh God yes, Elfhelm before years end would be awesome! Great way to kick off 09... anyways, Im hoping, prob not gonna happen, that Griffith is given a somewhat tough fight with the Kushan leader. Just to prove he isnt INDESTRUCTIBLE.. gah that would blow.

Also, back out at sea, I feel that Guts and Casca are going to have another fight or something to add the their drama before they reach Elfhelm, I dont know what, but i can certainly feel it. Maybe she is going to run away and end up having Guts save her (once again), but this time taking him near to the edge of death. Hopefully, Casca then gets her mind back WOOT (odds are im wrong), and the group tells her how hard Guts has fought to keep her out of harms way; then BAM Guts and Casca are back together, prob for only a short time.

Guts is going to realize that he has to face Griffith, and he will leave Casca behind... bla bla bla... wow i went on a rant.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gangstap said:
Also, back out at sea, I feel that Guts and Casca are going to have another fight or something to add the their drama before they reach Elfhelm, I dont know what, but i can certainly feel it. Maybe she is going to run away and end up having Guts save her (once again), but this time taking him near to the edge of death. Hopefully, Casca then gets her mind back WOOT (odds are im wrong), and the group tells her how hard Guts has fought to keep her out of harms way; then BAM Guts and Casca are back together, prob for only a short time.
That's pretty much exactly what has already happened when Casca went overboard and Guts risked his life to save her and Farnese berated Casca for not appreciating Guts' actions.

Guts is going to realize that he has to face Griffith, and he will leave Casca behind... bla bla bla
Nah, I don't think so. He's already realized that was a huge mistake on his part and resolved to never let it happen again. If it does happens, it will be after some huge tragedy, and he won't have control of his own actions anymore, somewhat like what the Beast was saying in ep 290. But Guts, the man, won't leave her behind.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Gangstap said:
Also, back out at sea, I feel that Guts and Casca are going to have another fight or something to add the their drama before they reach Elfhelm,

Well I'm still waiting for my damn storm to wreck the ship and crash them on some lost island, to finally realize they are lost on Elfhelm :p

G

Gangstap

That would just length the waiting time for them to get to Elfhelm, but hey we have waited this long...

jackson_hurley said:
Well I'm still waiting for my damn storm to wreck the ship and crash them on some lost island, to finally realize they are lost on Elfhelm :p

I'm looking forward to Kraken Apostle... But all these wouldn't happen now considering how the story has progressed... All apostle should have by now join the rest of the Neo hawk fighting those Mini-Ganishka...

Smith said:
I'm looking forward to Kraken Apostle... But all these wouldn't happen now considering how the story has progressed... All apostle should have by now join the rest of the Neo hawk fighting those Mini-Ganishka...

Somehow I doubt that all the apostles in the entire world joined with Griffith. I think it's more likely that only the ones on the continent ended up joining Griffith. There could be apostles on other continents that didn't or couldn't make the journey.

And yes, a Kraken Apostle would be intense. Though I doubt it will happen. After seeing how monstrous Ganishka is and the fact that there's an epic battle taking place, I think some character development is more likely. Besides they already ran into pirates, whats the chance of someone going to sea only to be attacked by pirates and a sea monster, on the same journey nonetheless.

Maybe on their way back. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
Besides they already ran into pirates, whats the chance of someone going to sea only to be attacked by pirates and a sea monster, on the same journey nonetheless.

Maybe on their way back. :guts:

They might encounter strange creatures once the get near Skellig... Not an apostle though.

G

Gangstap

It aint gonna be a cake-walk, thats for sure. They are going to run into some kinda trouble before they get to their destination.. just gotta wait and see.

Gangstap said:
It aint gonna be a cake-walk, thats for sure. They are going to run into some kinda trouble before they get to their destination.. just gotta wait and see.

Aren't pirates enough? Not to mention that they had to fight an army of Daka, Daiba AND Ganishka just to get to the frickin ship. Add to that Gut's internal struggle with the Beast and let's not forget Casca's attempt at scuba diving. I think there's been enough action for the moment. I wouldn't mind some smooth sailing and a little character development. Hell with the way things are going they might find Elfhelm up in smoke. :puck:

G

Gangstap

I dont mean on the boat, even once they get to the island. I believe they will run into trouble before they get helped.

Aazealh said:
They might encounter strange creatures once the get near Skellig... Not an apostle though.

Remind me of those book that Schierke read when she was young... There was even a depiction of a mermaid if i remember correctly

X

Xem

jackson_hurley said:

I used to joke to my girlfriend that the Island of the TV show Lost is Skellig. =P

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gangstap said:
I dont mean on the boat, even once they get to the island. I believe they will run into trouble before they get helped.
Perhaps, but keep in mind Skellig is isolated from the rest of the world, and essentially "just" a legend to people. It's not like some kind of hotbed of apostle or pirate activity.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Ramen4ever said:
I think the real question is why people still call the ship as a boat?
It has four masts, therefore it's a ship. Plus it has life boats.

Whatever floats their boats, no? (I couldn't possibly pass that one up :casca:)

But seriously, about Skellig, we'll soon know for sure what's it like to to be stranded in elfhell!

This is my predictions for what may happen in the far future of berserk . . . I believe that once Griffith conquers Ganishka, and no other great power left to oppose him, he will become supreme ruler of the entire world; his dream of ruling his own country couldn't be more perfectly attained. After that, who knows what will happen to the world. It may plunge into darkness being under the sovereignty of a demon, or it may become a much better place being ruled by a graceful leader . . . one can only guess what Miura intends if this is ever the case. I think it will lean more towards an even darker world since more then likely after Griffith's ultimate victory, apostles will be known to humans, and the idea of evil becomes a real incarnation of suffering to humans.

Eventually, guts and company will make it to Skellig Island, and guts will be given the opportunity by the powerful elf king to restore Casca's mind. Going back to what the skull knight told Guts at that beach (forgot what volume), it may not be what she wants (referring to restoring Casca's mind), I believe that Casca is not insane, just her mind regressed to an infantile state to protect herself from going insane. With that realization, being the true man he is, Guts may turn down the elf king's offer and choose to let Casca live as she is, knowing she is happier and better off that way despite how hard it will be for him.

Now, it can't just end like this, there would be no closure and satisfaction for any berserk fan without further confrontation of coarse. Griffith seems to hold magic users as a threat to his sovereignty since he had already sent his apostle bands to kill the old witch, so no doubt his legions will attempt to invade Skellig Island. Many familiar faces will once again do battle with Guts, and I predict in the ensuing battles Casca will be killed. After Casca is killed, Guts’ rage and anguish reaches an epitome it has never seen which feeds the berserker armor enough to where he is transformed into a demon of an entirely different class; the beast of darkness incarnate, a self-made demon not influenced (entirely) by the God Hand. He becomes powerful and ferocious enough to take on every apostle attacking Skellig, and crushes them all single handedly, but in the process kills Farnese as a show of how much of himself he has lost to his rage. He then will chase after Griffith of coarse, leaving Skellig.

Guts’ friends and allies, who survived the invasion, will want to save him from total ego collapse, however there is much emotional grief and conflict with all the loss of life. Serpico especially suffers the loss of Farnese and wonders if he should uphold his promise of killing Guts should anything bad happen to her, which has happened. The elf king presents a plan to save Guts, one that involves someone killing him and putting his body into a very powerful suit of armor that will allow his astro body to exist in the real world, much like what the skull knight uses. This means that they must defeat demon Guts, who next to the God Hand, is the strongest demon alive. Only the Skull Knight is capable of this, and may very well have a duel versus Guts. Zodd may even join in on the fight to help Skully, but only to defend Griffith by eliminating a very powerful enemy.

Well, that’s all I got for now. I am sure though it will turn out different then that, but I hope it was entertaining for you Gangstap :serpico:

Zerk said:
This is my predictions for what may happen in the far future of berserk . . . I believe that once Griffith conquers Ganishka, and no other great power left to oppose him, he will become supreme ruler of the entire world; his dream of ruling his own country couldn't be more perfectly attained. After that, who knows what will happen to the world. It may plunge into darkness being under the sovereignty of a demon, or it may become a much better place being ruled by a graceful leader . . . one can only guess what Miura intends if this is ever the case. I think it will lean more towards an even darker world since more then likely after Griffith's ultimate victory, apostles will be known to humans, and the idea of evil becomes a real incarnation of suffering to humans.

Eventually, guts and company will make it to Skellig Island, and guts will be given the opportunity by the powerful elf king to restore Casca's mind. Going back to what the skull knight told Guts at that beach (forgot what volume), it may not be what she wants (referring to restoring Casca's mind), I believe that Casca is not insane, just her mind regressed to an infantile state to protect herself from going insane. With that realization, being the true man he is, Guts may turn down the elf king's offer and choose to let Casca live as she is, knowing she is happier and better off that way despite how hard it will be for him.

Now, it can't just end like this, there would be no closure and satisfaction for any berserk fan without further confrontation of coarse. Griffith seems to hold magic users as a threat to his sovereignty since he had already sent his apostle bands to kill the old witch, so no doubt his legions will attempt to invade Skellig Island. Many familiar faces will once again do battle with Guts, and I predict in the ensuing battles Casca will be killed. After Casca is killed, Guts’ rage and anguish reaches an epitome it has never seen which feeds the berserker armor enough to where he is transformed into a demon of an entirely different class; the beast of darkness incarnate, a self-made demon not influenced (entirely) by the God Hand. He becomes powerful and ferocious enough to take on every apostle attacking Skellig, and crushes them all single handedly, but in the process kills Farnese as a show of how much of himself he has lost to his rage. He then will chase after Griffith of coarse, leaving Skellig.

Guts’ friends and allies, who survived the invasion, will want to save him from total ego collapse, however there is much emotional grief and conflict with all the loss of life. Serpico especially suffers the loss of Farnese and wonders if he should uphold his promise of killing Guts should anything bad happen to her, which has happened. The elf king presents a plan to save Guts, one that involves someone killing him and putting his body into a very powerful suit of armor that will allow his astro body to exist in the real world, much like what the skull knight uses. This means that they must defeat demon Guts, who next to the God Hand, is the strongest demon alive. Only the Skull Knight is capable of this, and may very well have a duel versus Guts. Zodd may even join in on the fight to help Skully, but only to defend Griffith by eliminating a very powerful enemy.

Well, that’s all I got for now. I am sure though it will turn out different then that, but I hope it was entertaining for you Gangstap :serpico:

Well that's an interesting prediction. Miura said the ending would be relatively happy or something along those lines. Imo the death of Casca and Farneze would completely prevent that. Not to mention Guts losing his humanity. lol
Also hasn't Guts lost enough? It's bad enough that the world is about to have an age of darkness. I think the guy deserves a break.

G

Gangstap

Zerk said:

Haha that was actually really fun to read, even though, I hope everything that you just said never happens lol. But as i read your post, it all started to come together quite nicely, but I dont think Miura wants Berserk fans to suffer such an awful ending after all the years we have spent reading his manga. Plus I hear he just got a girlfriend at the age of 50ish? Maybe that will end his soul searching for a proper ending for Berserk... who knows, but Im def looking forward to how it plays out. Btw Zerk, you have a real good imagination, should put that to work. :p

Thanks Gangstap, actually I been kind of designing my own manga. I have no artistic skills, so it is just a story model. I got a lot of inspiration from berserk, if I were to tell you about it you would find several similiarties. Although, it takes place in a less fictional world then berserk, it is actually on earth in a post-apocalyptic future, a furturistic dark age if you will. Nonetheless, it is host to many fantasy themes.

X

Xem

I've pretty much withdrawn my idea about there being any "major" character casualty in the fight with Ganishka. *GASP* Most likely some serious injuries, but not a death. I wasn't expecting there to be these Chibiniska's, and honestly that changed my view on that quite a bit.

I want more than anything for Casca to have her mind restored. I've pretty much convinced myself that this will happen. Her character is too cool to be left in the current state. I often wonder if some of the time Miura has taken during the breaks has been to research how someone who's been so traumatized recovers from it, in a realistic sense. I think it won't be an instant thing, but a slow, gradual process. Rehabilitation basically, like learning to walk again. I would easily pass up a couple volumes of fighting to see this alone. She could even teach Farnese a thing or two about being a strong, confident woman. I also think about the idea that Casca will want to kill Griffith, especially after she realizes about the Brand and what Guts has been put through the past years, which will restart the revenge quest. Crossing fingers on that one.

Want to see more Skull Knight! What's he doing during the epic battle anyway? I imagine he's close by. I ask myself if maybe we'll see him appear, perhaps to make a strike at Griffith. He's gotta be more than pissed off about the whole Flora thing.

As for "far off" predictions..

I definitely think we'll see Zodd and SK finally end their feud one of these days.

I think we'll get another huge turn in the story again, maybe not Eclipse big, but still really powerful and mostly unexpected.

I expect that Guts' inner demon combined with the Berserker armor will cause him to do something pretty nasty that he didn't intend on.

Hopefully we'll see more and attain more information about the Idea of Evil.

More background information about Skull Knight, as well as hopefully more on the God Hand members. Void specifically.

I think it's pretty clear we'll see an end to the feud between Guts and Griffith.

Something big with Isidro's character, though I couldn't tell you what.

Oh and Puck and Evallera will make elf babies. :puck:

That's it for now. =)

Deci said:
I've pretty much withdrawn my idea about there being any "major" character casualty in the fight with Ganishka. *GASP* Most likely some serious injuries, but not a death. I wasn't expecting there to be these Chibiniska's, and honestly that changed my view on that quite a bit.

I want more than anything for Casca to have her mind restored. I've pretty much convinced myself that this will happen. Her character is too cool to be left in the current state. I often wonder if some of the time Miura has taken during the breaks has been to research how someone who's been so traumatized recovers from it, in a realistic sense. I think it won't be an instant thing, but a slow, gradual process. Rehabilitation basically, like learning to walk again. I would easily pass up a couple volumes of fighting to see this alone. She could even teach Farnese a thing or two about being a strong, confident woman. I also think about the idea that Casca will want to kill Griffith, especially after she realizes about the Brand and what Guts has been put through the past years, which will restart the revenge quest. Crossing fingers on that one.

Want to see more Skull Knight! What's he doing during the epic battle anyway? I imagine he's close by. I ask myself if maybe we'll see him appear, perhaps to make a strike at Griffith. He's gotta be more than pissed off about the whole Flora thing.

As for "far off" predictions..

I definitely think we'll see Zodd and SK finally end their feud one of these days.

I think we'll get another huge turn in the story again, maybe not Eclipse big, but still really powerful and mostly unexpected.

I expect that Guts' inner demon combined with the Berserker armor will cause him to do something pretty nasty that he didn't intend on.

Hopefully we'll see more and attain more information about the Idea of Evil.

More background information about Skull Knight, as well as hopefully more on the God Hand members. Void specifically.

I think it's pretty clear we'll see an end to the feud between Guts and Griffith.

Something big with Isidro's character, though I couldn't tell you what.

Oh and Puck and Evallera will make elf babies. :puck:

That's it for now. =)

I'm not going to go very in depth into your post. But I feel I must point out that you need to take the Demon child into consideration. As well as the fact that Casca is a mother. She has repeatedly shown her desire to be with her child. Imo, Sk's words about Casca to Guts also have to be taken into consideration. What she wants may not be what he wants. We know Guts wants to have revenge on Griffith. However I believe Casca will want to be with her child. This obviously makes for a very serious complication.

X

Xem

Ramen4ever said:
I'm not going to go very in depth into your post. But I feel I must point out that you need to take the Demon child into consideration. As well as the fact that Casca is a mother. She has repeatedly shown her desire to be with her child. Imo, Sk's words about Casca to Guts also have to be taken into consideration. What she wants may not be what he wants. We know Guts wants to have revenge on Griffith. However I believe Casca will want to be with her child. This obviously makes for a very serious complication.

Yeah I didn't really think that about while creating my post, however I don't think that's going to be an immediate issue should she have her mind restored. I predict that will more be a problem when/if she finally confronts Griffith again. Does Guts or anyone aside from Griffith really even know that he's partly the son of Guts and Casca? Surely Casca knows instinctively, but I'm not sure anyone knows.

Top Bottom