What will Falconia be like?

S

smoke

noni_moon said:
how would Griffith feel, think, react, etc on the exact moment that he'll be crown as king.

My guess: An expressionless gaze. :griff:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
smoke said:
My guess: An expressionless gaze. :griff:

Griffith-expression01.jpg
Griffith-expression02.jpg
Griffith-expression03.jpg
Choice AChoice BChoice C

I wonder if "ironically" Falconia will be the kingdom to escape to and defend the people from the new world of the "Age of Darkness." Making Griffith's kingdom pose as even more magnificent. Its like a monopoly, one thing supports the other, and each step enriches Griffith with some sort of power and false praise.

Griffith has created a world that perhaps forces people to turn to him, not by force but by choice in faith. Thats seems even more evil, having the power to force people to serve you, rather, he take the long road and gain their soul/faith in his false lead.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
I wonder if "ironically" Falconia will be the kingdom to escape to and defend the people from the new world of the "Age of Darkness." Making Griffith's kingdom pose as even more magnificent.

That's a good possibility of course, one I mentioned several times in the past myself.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Though we've now seen the outside of Falconia, and a peek at its interior, the future still holds many mysteries about what life will be like inside its high walls.

Recently I've been thinking Rickert could be among the new perspectives within Falconia in the coming years. I can see him and Erica moving into Falconia, and the readers would get a good glimpse of what daily life is like in the city for "common" people like them. And also, because of Griffith's offer in vol 22, we may even get a glimpse at some behind the scenes stuff from Rickert's perspective.

What makes me think it'll be Rickert and not someone else? Well, Rickert's special because of his relationship with Griffith and Guts. He's known them since the beginning. Rickert knows them better than anyone else from that period, and so he's in a unique position to judge their actions accordingly ("The real Griffith wouldn't... Do that."). Also, since he wasn't among the entranced crowd outside Wyndham during the final battle with Ganishka, he provides a more balanced perspective than those who may deify Griffith as their ultimate savior.

Either way, I'm excited about what the future holds. :serpico:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
Recently I've been thinking Rickert could be among the new perspectives within Falconia in the coming years. I can see him and Erica moving into Falconia, and the readers would get a good glimpse of what daily life is like in the city for "common" people like them. And also, because of Griffith's offer in vol 22, we may even get a glimpse at some behind the scenes stuff from Rickert's perspective.

What makes me think it'll be Rickert and not someone else? Well, Rickert's special because of his relationship with Griffith and Guts. He's known them since the beginning. Rickert knows them better than anyone else from that period, and so he's in a unique position to judge their actions accordingly ("The real Griffith wouldn't... Do that."). Also, since he wasn't among the entranced crowd outside Wyndham during the final battle with Ganishka, he provides a more balanced perspective than those who may deify Griffith as their ultimate savior.

Either way, I'm excited about what the future holds. :serpico:

That would be pretty cool, and it's definitely something I can see happening. It's probably not too safe outside Godot's house right now with all the astral creatures running wild, and since word of Falconia is likely to spread, I'm sure he'd attempt the journey to Griffith's city in order to ensure Erica's safety.

I'd love to see some sort of confrontation between him and Griffith now that Rickert knows what happened to the Falcons. I wonder how he'd feel about the new Band of the Falcon, too.

Also, with Rickert within the walls of Falconia would give Guts even more of a reason to head in. The sheer scale of the whole thing though, how would Guts ever be able to infiltrate the place without being recognised (sure, Schierke could use magic, but it only goes so far, the amount of apostles outweighs the easily swayed humans from guarding)?

And a chance encounter with Rickert and Mule would be very interesting indeed. Would Rickert reveal his identity with the new Band of the Hawk if he saw them, and would his feelings for Griffith continually change over the course of his stay?

Maybe Rickert would be the reader's observer, seeing things as he does. I can only imagine the interior being nothing short of fabulous.

Henry Spencer said:
with Rickert within the walls of Falconia would give Guts even more of a reason to head in

But HOW would Guts even know?

He choose to head for a very hazardous trip without Rickert, so I don't feel he would go to Falconia because Rickert is there.....

Furthermore, we don't know for sure Rickert's feelings about Griffith, but last time they met Griffith was riding on Zodd's back, so I guess now Rickert wouldn't trust Griffith the way he did before?

I'm as sure as everyone else that we'll see him again, but I'm not that confident it'll be in Falconia? :???:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
asmer said:
Furthermore, we don't know for sure Rickert's feelings about Griffith, but last time they met Griffith was riding on Zodd's back, so I guess now Rickert wouldn't trust Griffith the way he did before?

While we don't know his exact feelings, he was clearly very upset after hearing what happened during the Eclipse. I'm sure he still has some fondness for Griffith deep down, but I imagine he's not very happy about what happened to the Guts, Casca and the rest of the Falcons.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
It's probably not too safe outside Godot's house right now with all the astral creatures running wild, and since word of Falconia is likely to spread, I'm sure he'd attempt the journey to Griffith's city in order to ensure Erica's safety.

But journeying to Falconia could be even more dangerous than staying up in the mountains. Besides, Rickert knows what Griffith is capable of and that he's associated with apostles, so are you really sure he'll go there?

Rhombaad said:
I'd love to see some sort of confrontation between him and Griffith now that Rickert knows what happened to the Falcons. I wonder how he'd feel about the new Band of the Falcon, too.

I doubt he'd find it very tasteful. I'm also not sure he'd have much to tell Griffith and vice versa. It's kind of been a long time, and in a way, they've both moved on (in very different directions, I might add).

Henry Spencer said:
Also, with Rickert within the walls of Falconia would give Guts even more of a reason to head in. The sheer scale of the whole thing though, how would Guts ever be able to infiltrate the place without being recognised (sure, Schierke could use magic, but it only goes so far, the amount of apostles outweighs the easily swayed humans from guarding)?

The Skull Knight could use his beherit sword technique and bring them inside instantly.

Henry Spencer said:
And a chance encounter with Rickert and Mule would be very interesting indeed. Would Rickert reveal his identity with the new Band of the Hawk if he saw them, and would his feelings for Griffith continually change over the course of his stay?

I don't know... Mule has already a thing going with Isidro. I think the character of Rickert is beyond this stuff now. If they met, I imagine Rickert would be evasive, a bit like Guts was with Owen.

Rhombaad said:
While we don't know his exact feelings, he was clearly very upset after hearing what happened during the Eclipse. I'm sure he still has some fondness for Griffith deep down, but I imagine he's not very happy about what happened to the Guts, Casca and the rest of the Falcons.

Honestly I'm not sure he has much fondness left for Griffith. Guts said he couldn't hate Griffith, but that doesn't mean he likes him. I think Rickert has simply moved on. Running after an impossible revenge isn't a life for him.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Minotaur said:
I wonder what will happen to Charlotte since it never really seemed to me like Griffith felt anything for her.
Well, it seems like he can fake it enough to win her heart. He will be king, she will be queen.

I'd probably rule out a baby, but... that'd be interesting.

If (or when) things in Falconia get truly twisted, I can see her getting kinda irked. Though she is seriously faithful to her Griffy-poo

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Minotaur said:
I wonder what will happen to Charlotte since it never really seemed to me like Griffith felt anything for her.

He didn't. She was a tool he tried to use to get the throne during the Golden Age and this time he has succeeded. I think she'll eventually learn the truth, I just hope it won't be the end of her. She's one of the people I feel most sorry for in Berserk.

He could work like some of history's tyrants and slowly eliminate anyone who could defy him. Once they are gone he could turn midland into a place where nobody but him has any political power.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Minotaur said:
He could work like some of history's tyrants and slowly eliminate anyone who could defy him. Once they are gone he could turn midland into a place where nobody but him has any political power.

Does he need to go through such hoops though? He's already got absolute military power and is a true hero to everyone (or close) in Midland. Beyond that, he's got supernatural powers that place him far above them all (and they're going to live in a magnificent city that appeared out of nowhere and is shaped around him).

Does he need to go through such hoops though? He's already got absolute military power and is a true hero to everyone (or close) in Midland. Beyond that, he's got supernatural powers that place him far above them all (and they're going to live in a magnificent city that appeared out of nowhere and is shaped around him).

True why do unnecessary work.

X

Xem

One of the many thing's I've been wondering about, and has been discussed to an extent before, is how exactly the apostles and humans will live side by side next to each other within Falconia.

Something I've touched on in the past is how Miura has somewhat curiously left out any frames of apostles transforming back to their human forms. I mean, even after Ganishka was "dead", the battle ended, and everyone began piling into Falconia, the apostles still retained their monstrous forms. It could just be that it made the scene more dramatic - showing apostles in their atrocious forms marching alongside humans into their new domain - "good and evil" working side by side.

Regardless, this curiosity has led me to into another inquiry:

- The Hierarchy of Apostles within Falconia -

I've been wondering, just how exactly will humans and the more obviously evil, flesh-eating, woman-raping, apostles will measure up in Griffith's seemingly dreamlike Utopia. I think a good example goes back to the New Band of the Hawk, where we saw that apostles like Locus, Grunbeld, and Zodd, all held a higher status than normal soldiers. Relatively side by side with them were the more notable humans, like Sonia and Mule - followed by the regular human soldiers. And then, what I perceived as the lowest ranks, most likely due to their expend-ability, were the "lesser apostles".

I see this same hierarchy working similarly within Falconia, but with the addition of nobles, religious and political figureheads, and other popular and capable people. Surely, once inside Falconia, all of the apostles would revert to their more "human-like" forms, and they could be more easily integrated into this new society. I doubt Zodd will just go flying around scaring the shit out of people constantly, or the "demon soldiers" eating humans at their leisure. Of course these "demon soldier" apostles will more than likely have the desire to disregard the new pact between human and apostle, but similar to the situation in the episode in which Sonia was showing Mule the Hawks camp, they can easily be kept at bay, or even possibly be gotten rid of if needed be due to their expendable nature.

I can't think of any other story in literature that even got close to such a concept, but these evil-natured monsters could very well become just another part of daily life within the world of Berserk for the normal citizens of Falconia. Honestly, the whole concept just seems so bizarre that it's hard to wrap my head around, but with the recent events, it seems pretty plausible to me.

S

Saintly pants

Rhombaad said:
He didn't. She was a tool he tried to use to get the throne during the Golden Age and this time he has succeeded. I think she'll eventually learn the truth, I just hope it won't be the end of her. She's one of the people I feel most sorry for in Berserk.

I'm still at volume 10 right now, but from what i understand of it Griffith will most definitely dispose of Carlotte shortly after he married her and got on the throne. That, or he will make her a demon slave/reveal his true Femto persona to her and break her mind wile at it, turning her into a meek doll in pretty dresses that he can use to parade around with to hold up the facade.

Or maybe they will have a child, starting a dinasty of legal demon rule. The God Hand seems more lawful evil then chaotic evil to me.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Dude if your only at book 10 stop ruining the story for yourself. Just read and catch up before you make speculations on current events.

S

Saintly pants

Even tough i have lots of stuff spoiled, i don't really care so much about it. Buying the manga after seeing the anime and all.
Still, the one thing i don't want to know is the ultimate ending of the story. Wich probably won't be possible before 2030 or later. :sad:

Even so, it's pretty obvious there is a huge probablility Charlotte will end up even more Broken then Casca. I get uneasy just thinking about it. Gilded cage + :femto: = not good

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I think if you were to catch up on the manga, you may think differently. I agree with Oburi about spoiling the story, but ultimately that's up to you. You might wanna catch up in order to better your contributions to discussions.

I'm not saying you don't bring up interesting stuff; I've always wondered about the ultimate fate of Charlotte myself.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Even if Griffith reveals his true nature to Charlotte she might not become "broken" like Casca. It would actually be worse if she accepts it. THat's the ultimate control that Griffith has right now. Theres nothing worse than being a prisoner and not knowing it. He could brainwashed the entire world to his will. That's ultimate power.

Top Bottom