What will Falconia be like?

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
It's cliche, but I'm banking on Charlotte aiding Guts and co. one last time before the end, and then Griffith kills her for her treachery. :femto:

As for Falconia, I've been wondering about the more important Apostles' role. What Griffith has right now is a city filled with essentially four groups: Apostle generals, lesser apostles, human politicians/figureheads, and human commoners/military. I'm curious to see how delegation is handled, if at all. I mean, you've got some people who have been in the nobility their whole lives; do you let them continue their duties from Midland? Are any of the higher-ranked Apostles suitable for a position other than policing or brute enforcement? (And is Midland's human army even necessary anymore?) So many questions...such difficulty in figuring much out until it happens. And this is all on the assumption that this new world is going to strive to appear or even be equal. I suppose it's possible Griffith will just rule with fear, over both human and apostle alike; it's not like anyone stands a chance against him.

...And then finally we have come full circle, making that horrid first episode of the anime correct: "Things have been awful ever since Griffith became king." :griffnotevil:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Saephon said:
...And then finally we have come full circle, making that horrid first episode of the anime correct: "Things have been awful ever since Griffith became king." :griffnotevil:

Haha, an inconsistency in the anime that makes sense after all these years.

X

Xem

Oburi said:
Haha, an inconsistency in the anime that makes sense after all these years.

It still doesn't make any sense, no matter how you slice it.

Even if some of the apostles get away with the occassional feasting and raping on the humans, it still wouldn't be as bad as it was before Griffith. Let's be honest, the first episode of the anime is so messed up, especially continuity wise, it'll never make sense.

[quote author=Saephon]What Griffith has right now is a city filled with essentially four groups: Apostle generals, lesser apostles, human politicians/figureheads, and human commoners/military. I'm curious to see how delegation is handled, if at all. I mean, you've got some people who have been in the nobility their whole lives; do you let them continue their duties from Midland?[/quote]

This is what I've been wondering about, and what I tried to convey on the previous page. My instinct tells me yes, to an extent anyway. The impression I've always got is that Griffith's dream was to become king in the traditional sense, not a power-hungry evil dictator. It's not like Falconia rose up as this dark and ominous kingdom of wickedness. By looking at the infrastructure, we see monuments and places of worship, which portray it as a place of sanctuary for all the humans in peril.

I'm sure the likes of the Pope, Minister Foss, and the other nobles and religious/political figureheads will find themselves right at home, safe and sound, inside this new kingdom.

[quote author=Saephon]Are any of the higher-ranked Apostles suitable for a position other than policing or brute enforcement? (And is Midland's human army even necessary anymore?)[/quote]

Sure, why not? Just like any of the other Generals we've seen in the past, they certainly have their place within the ranks of the heirarchy. Also, in a medieval setting there's always a need for an army, even in times of peace. Especially when you have Goblins, Trolls, Dragons, etc etc, roaming outside the castle walls at all times.

A somewhat misplaced example would be when Alexander the Great conquered the known world. It's not like all war had come to an end by any means. An empire that vast is incredibly difficult to micromanage, and there's bound to be little pockets of resistance floating about at all times. Hell, maybe even some of the Kushan armies that weren't there at the deciding battle could be around, planning more attacks against Midland's new kingdom. Who's to say Daiba is going to side with Griffith either, he is the one who gave Ganishka his beherit in the first place. Maybe he now harbors hatred for what Griffith did to his emperor?

[quote author=Saephon]I suppose it's possible Griffith will just rule with fear, over both human and apostle alike; it's not like anyone stands a chance against him.[/quote]

What would be the point? All of the apostles already instinctively follow him, and even if they don't like it, they all know it's pointless to resist. I'd say that fear sustains itself, without Griffith needing to put his foot down and rule with an iron fist. As for the humans, well, I think the whole "messiah" imagery they've gotten throughout all of this is all that's needed to have their sworn allegiance.

Another interesting speculation has just occured to me. Throughout the Golden Age, when Griffith first started his path towards achieving his dream, his main moto has always been, "Do as you wish.". Perhaps this could be his mission statement as the new King of Midland. I like that idea, and it'd leave a lot of interesting opportunities open as to how Falconia could develop.

I have the feeling that for all Falconia's glory and splendour, there will be a grim underworld where the dark forces are satiated. Griffith, being the grand Machiavellian that he is, will keep it under wraps until Charlotte discovers it and her world is turned upside down. That's one theory anyway. :p

I can't see Griffith disposing of Charlotte without legitimate reason. It doesn't make any sense, when he can keep up appearances with them both united on the throne.

K

KnightofSkeleton

Doc said:
I have the feeling that for all Falconia's glory and splendour, there will be a grim underworld where the dark forces are satiated. Griffith, being the grand Machiavellian that he is, will keep it under wraps until Charlotte discovers it and her world is turned upside down. That's one theory anyway. :p

I can't see Griffith disposing of Charlotte without legitimate reason. It doesn't make any sense, when he can keep up appearances with them both united on the throne.

I agree. If Falconia is a land where every one is happy, there has to be side effects. Just read the novel, "Utopia". Falconia might be something like the nation of this novel. it seems ethereal and paradise on earth like, but there are slaves on the side doing the dirty work, selling their children, and live with no humanitarian rights.
If not, then it will be blatantly evil and iron fisted. :femto:

I think there's a lot of room between 'Iron Fisted' and 'Anarchy' - Griffith is living out his own fairy-tale at the moment. Really, at the moment, any speculation we can make, even based off the characters as we know them, is just there - there's too many external factors to account for, such as individual apostles, humans, surviving Kushans, the magical creatures in general, not to mention the other God Hand and the Idea of Evil itself.

How_I_Met_Your_Mother_Its_Going_To_Be_Legen-Wait_For_it_Dary-T-link.jpg

I have a feeling Griffith's castle will look like Neuschwanstein in this picture or at least have the clouds.
http://nature.wallpaperme.com/3045-1/Fairy+Tale+Fantasy_+Neuschwanstein+Castle_+Bavaria_+Germany.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Minotaur said:
I have a feeling Griffith's castle will look like Neuschwanstein in this picture or at least have the clouds.
http://nature.wallpaperme.com/3045-1/Fairy+Tale+Fantasy_+Neuschwanstein+Castle_+Bavaria_+Germany.jpg
But... we've already seen Falconia. Are you saying there will be ANOTHER castle/fortress?

BiQ_

" ... "
Why would Griffith be anything else than a benevolent king who makes every human happy (not counting any prophecies)? An existential midlife crisis rising from the fact he has no more goals in his now eternal (notwithstanding certain vengeful swordsman) life?

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I agree. I cannot wait to see the Griffith that's done all he's set out to do; the "what now?" Griffith... Then again, the work of a ruler is never over... Especially a Demon God Ruler...

Panicfactorx

"Guess I should say you did well for a human..."
The "logic" of the old world has ended. Gods, monsters, and other astral entities have been integrated into the new world. Anything seems possible. I came from a strongly religious background (SDA if anyone knows what that is). My old religion had a certain understanding of Revelation (a long winded topic that I'm sure most people would laugh at...). Its almost like Griffith is Satan, acting as Jesus who has come down to earth to save the humans from the apparent "Satan/ganishka". Griffith is like the anti-Christ.

I don't think we're going to see a Utopia. An age of darkness... What will be the mortal wound to the great beast? Who is the true messiah? Is it Guts... or will Falconia suffer the same fate as Gaiseric's Midland?

Top Bottom