Episode 301

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, that certainly answers all our dorky questions. Too bad about the break.

No more Berserk for 2008 :judo:

Now bring on Berserk in 2009 :SK:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:
Well, that certainly answers all our dorky questions. Too bad about the break.

Seeing everything he's done so far I think he earned the break. I do have to say I wish he ended the Ganish-showdown first though. Either way I'm looking forward to what comes next. :chomp:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Welp... I sure hope it isn't a long break but its going to be at least a month seeing how all the holiday's are coming up. I am thinking two months.

Also I really want someone to make a video of this fight with a John Madden voice describing the carnage. John Madden makes everything funny. :ganishka:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Sweet the shooting involved the tail somehow! Amazing! thank you for the info Aaz. Anybody has a thought on what is the string he use?!

Anyway I agree that the break his well deserved. Could we have a mini skip to Guts for one episode while the mini-ganishkas get their ass kicked and then flip back for the big fall of Ganishka, or will we get an ending of the battle later on as a flashback/retold by someone? either way I would not mind cause everything so far is just mind blowing.

Oh wow. Very interesting. Looks like all our mishmoshed ideas weren't that off. :carcus:

Another break? I'm sure what we'll get after the break will be well worth it.
I don't think we'll have a recount of Ganishka's fall told by someone else after the fact. Given just how much we seen of Ganishka's emergence and him just walking around, I don't see how Miura would draw SO much of Ganishka without showing us his demise. I'm sure he's aware to his audience's demands, not that he HAS to abide by them, but I can't see him NOT showing us this monumental moment play by play.

Hell, look how much we've seen of Irvine! Why would he focus so much on one apostle and not the fall of Ganishka? We'll see it, fo' sure.

P.S. What the fuck happens when Irvine's tail runs out of hair!?!?! :isidro:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Seeing everything he's done so far I think he earned the break. I do have to say I wish he ended the Ganish-showdown first though. Either way I'm looking forward to what comes next. :chomp:

Think about it. If a break's needed to work on it, that means it's going to be awesome. :badbone:

jackson_hurley said:
Anybody has a thought on what is the string he use?!

It's probably directly secreted by his antlers. Otherwise, maybe it's something he spits (can't imagine that though)?

johnstantine said:
i totally called it :isidro:

I beat you to it by a mile though, sorry to say. :badbone:

Anyway, a bigger preview:

Preview301-2.jpg

Miura's comment is that he's a bit disappointed his favorite series (NovelsM@ster) is over. He was surprised that it ended. And he bought a Xbox 360 because he's bored and lonely.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Cool previews. Dodo bird STRIKES! :ganishka: It's very strange to me to see Apostles fighting alongside humans. Not a critique, it's just a concept I'm adjusting to.

And wow, about Miura owning a 360 (presumably). Man, somebody needs to add him to their friends list. Id like to see what he's playing  :miura:

This s going to be a rough wait, since it appears the episode basically ends with Griffith yelling CHARGE.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Ah, Sonia's just too adorable!^^

Nice preview (felt like it was the whole episode actually)!

About the XBOX..hmm. Many japanese gamers picked up a 360 recently, mainly because of "Tales of Vesperia". If he should play that during his break then i'm afraid we won't see a new episode for quite some time!^^ :troll:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
About Irvines attack, wouldn't it be safe to say what sprouts out of the mini-Ganishka is ingrown hair and not thorns?

Aazealh said:
Miura's comment is that he's a bit disappointed his favorite series (NovelsM@ster) is over. He was surprised that it ended. And he bought a Xbox 360 because he's bored and lonely.

Not to derail the thread further, but I was under the impression Guin saga was his favorite series. Is this not so?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Cool previews. Dodo bird STRIKES!

It's... The FALCON OF LIGHT!! :griff: :troll:

Walter said:
And wow, about Miura owning a 360 (presumably). Man, somebody needs to add him to their friends list. Id like to see what he's playing :miura:
SimplyEd said:
About the XBOX..hmm. Many japanese gamers picked up a 360 recently, mainly because of "Tales of Vesperia".

Haha, well I'm almost sorry to tell you guys, but he's playing "THE iDOLM@STER".

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
About Irvines attack, wouldn't it be safe to say what sprouts out of the mini-Ganishka is ingrown hair and not thorns?

The hair he shoots grow somehow and result in the little trees with sharp and pointy ends. Call it what you want, but I don't think "ingrown hair" is appropriate. "Hair arrows" could do. It doesn't have to have a name though.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Not to derail the thread further, but I was under the impression Guin saga was his favorite series. Is this not so?

Yeah, but NovelsM@ster isn't a book series, it's (as far as I understand) some kind of unofficial derivative series of "THE iDOLM@STER" that consists of videos that are presented in a format like a cheap pseudo-interactive text-based video game or a visual novel (with a still background picture, character faces on top that have 4 different unanimated expressions, elevator music to complement it and tons of text you have to plow through). It's all on Nico Nico Douga for those that are interested.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Aazealh said:
The hair he shoots grow somehow and result in the little trees with sharp and pointy ends. Call it what you want, but I don't think "ingrown hair" is appropriate. "Hair arrows" could do. It doesn't have to have a name though.

You're right, let's not get into inventing names for that. Hmm, though i have to say, i'm somewhat intrigued. I mean, it could be pretty embarrassing for Irvine, should he run out of ammo..because he plucked his body naked.. :chomp:

Seriously though, i wonder if there's a limit to his powers or rather if he's still got something up his sleeve for close combat purposes.

Aazealh said:
Yeah, but NovelsM@ster isn't a book series, it's (as far as I understand) some kind of unofficial derivative series of "THE iDOLM@STER" that consists of videos that are presented in a format like a cheap pseudo-interactive text-based video game or a visual novel (with a still background picture, character faces on top that have 4 different unanimated expressions, elevator music to complement it and tons of text you have to plow through). It's all on Nico Nico Douga for those that are interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e3zBblNb0Y

You can also dance along to the endless videos on youtube...and pretend that Miura-sensei is doing the same at the moment!^^ Nice song, by the way.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SimplyEd said:
You're right, let's not get into inventing names for that. Hmm, though i have to say, i'm somewhat intrigued. I mean, it could be pretty embarrassing for Irvine, should he run out of ammo..because he plucked his body naked.. :chomp:

Seriously though, i wonder if there's a limit to his powers or rather if he's still got something up his sleeve for close combat purposes.

Let's be serious, as an apostle (for which wounds healing themselves in seconds is standard fare) I doubt it's a problem at all. The hair probably regrows endlessly. As for close combat, I guess the mouth and paws of his beast body could do the trick? But obviously, that's not where his strength lies. Just like with his human form, his specialty likely remains long range combat.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
Think about it. If a break's needed to work on it, that means it's going to be awesome. :badbone:
Oh, I'm not complaining. It's going to be OFF DAH HOOK either way. :azan:

Aazealh said:
It's... The FALCON OF LIGHT!! :griff: :troll:
Kinda looks like an owl if you ask me. I don't know why people are so quick to call it a dodo bird.

What about "Hairrows"? :troll: How many of the apostles attacks have specific names I don't seem to remember any at the moment.

I can't read Japanese can someone tell me how to do anything on that site? :azan:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Kinda looks like an owl if you ask me. I don't know why people are so quick to call it a dodo bird.

It's nothing like a dodo actually, but that's not very important. It just looks silly, that's why Walter called it like that. I don't think the beak is right for an owl either, but at that angle it's hard to say anything more about it (and I'm no ornithologist anyway).

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
How many of the apostles attacks have specific names I don't seem to remember any at the moment.

None.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I can't read Japanese can someone tell me how to do anything on that site? :azan:

You need to register and I don't feel like writing a guide for it. It's not a big loss, really.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
The bird has a long tail, looks dragon-like in appearance too. Man I can't wait for Griff and Ganishka to finally finish this confrontation the suspense is killing me, maybe we'll see that fight in 302?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Guts' intestines said:
The bird has a long tail, looks dragon-like in appearance too.
I don't see why we're getting so sidetracked on this apostle design. It's not really a secret that they generally incorporate an amalgamation of different monsters/animals into their apostle form. Is it an owl, an ostrich, Big Bird? a DODO?! Can't it be all of these and then some?

Man I can't wait for Griff and Gan to finally finish this confrontation the suspense is killing me, maybe we'll see that fight in 302?
It seems that way -- with Griffith looking heroic, rearing his horse up, appearing to give the order to charge.

This is just sour grapes, but I have to say, I'm honestly disappointed the true showdown between Griffith and Ganishka didn't begin within 2008. I know it's a superficial deadline, and Miura doesn't structure the series around real-world dates (nor should he). It's just something of a personal expectation I'd set for that particular encounter, and it wasn't met. :judo:

On the bright side, with Miura taking a break now, he can feasibly complete the showdown within one run of episodes. Maybe. And that'd be awesome.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Guts' intestines said:
The bird has a long tail, looks dragon-like in appearance too.

Yeah it's some sort of lizard tail, not unlike what you'd see on a cockatrice. Maybe it's also got a snake head or a stinger at the end or something like that. Just a run of the mill apostle.

Guts' intestines said:
Man I can't wait for Griff and Ganishka to finally finish this confrontation the suspense is killing me, maybe we'll see that fight in 302?

Should get started between 302 and 304 depending on how it's set up.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Wow, what to say?  Irvine's attack method revealed?  Humans riding apostles into combat?  All of it's awesome!  Thanks a ton for the extensive preview, Aazealh!  If it can even be called a "preview," that is. :serpico:

Like Aaz said, if Miura is taking another break, we can expect very cool stuff in the near future.  I wish he had finished the battle between Griffith and Ganishka before doing so, but this means it'll be that much better.  Can't wait for the high quality scans.

Edit: I almost wonder if the thread between his antlers is like that of a spider.  Perhaps the ends of his antlers are spinnerets?

Top Bottom