Episode II

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Saw it for the second time this weekend! It was awesome!! But damn, I so much wanted Qui-Gon to make an appearance!!!

But hey, one of the child padawans was named Liam. Yoda said it....I heard it!!!

any thoughts on how they're gonna do episode 3?

It's going to be yet another 'so much shit to do but only 2 hrs to do it in' kind of movie, but Lucas said it would be the darkest of the movies by far.
I personally am very hopeful the Obi-Wan/Anakin battle gets the badass treatment...

CnC

Ad Oculos
It's going to be yet another 'so much shit to do but only 2 hrs to do it in' kind of movie, but Lucas said it would be the darkest of the movies by far.
I personally am very hopeful the Obi-Wan/Anakin battle gets the badass treatment...

well... they've had a battle with every jedi, and the yoda battle... thats gonna be hard to top :)
I'm wondering whats gonna finally push Anakin over the edge... the death of Padme or something? she still has to give birth, and anakin can't find out about it... curious.

D

Drachenfels

Which doesn't mean much in the cute-squichy Star Wars universe.

CnC

Ad Oculos
while the link may no longer be active and the file is huge (over a 100 megs)... this is hilarious...

http://165.91.107.14/atot/Triumph%20The%20Insult%20Dog%20Starwars%20Report.mpg

warning: watching this doesn't exactly instill any faith in humanity...

CnC

Ad Oculos
its just uncompressed... the 20 meg is just as good :)

those are some sad people
...for me to poop on

well... they've had a battle with every jedi, and the yoda battle... thats gonna be hard to top :)
I'm wondering whats gonna finally push Anakin over the edge... the death of Padme or something? she still has to give birth, and anakin can't find out about it... curious.
Go back and watch Return of the Jedi, the final battle with Luke and Vader. On so many other levels that fight is even better, if you ask me.
As far as Anakin goes - Padme is pure speculation as to what happens to her, but my guess is that she could possibly die giving birth to the twins, and Anakin would have lost his two greatest loves and he could do nothing about it. Think about his reaction to his mom's death in Episode II...he was pretty pissed.
Obi-wan is actually the one who turns him completely though in their last battle, but by the time they fight, he's pretty much there. His body gets barbecued in lava and he has no choice but to submit to the dark to stay alive.
And Anakin does know of the birth, but only that he had a son. Leia was kept secret from Anakin until Luke reveals it in Jedi when he's fighting with Vader.
All I care about in Episode III is that everything fits. No loose points to worry about.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Go back and watch Return of the Jedi, the final battle with Luke and Vader.  On so many other levels that fight is even better, if you ask me.

speaking of which... anyone know of any plans to bring the original trilogy to DVD?  that would be nice...

...sweet, 500 posts...

BOB

poruno sutâ
speaking of which... anyone know of any plans to bring the original trilogy to DVD?  that would be nice...

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=16499

this here however was a bit of a let down i think
http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=16732

CnC

Ad Oculos
i have mixed feelings about them adding more scenes to the original trilogy. It seems rather than have the new 3 conform to the old, they're doing the opposite.

BOB

poruno sutâ
It seems rather than have the new 3 conform to the old, they're doing the opposite.

:'( :'( :'(

that's what i thought, too. They should rather have improved that shitty SE Jabba scene in a new hope or some of the crappy Rancor shots from ROTJ but no, why not add some Padme scenes. Maybe a love story between Jar jar and that singer from jabbas palace band.

CnC

Ad Oculos
If there are padme scenes in ROTJ... that means she doesn't die in episode 3. That kinda sucks!
I was hoping her death would push Anakin over the edge.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
If you remember, in ROTJ Leia has childhood memories of her mother and her death (it was one of those subtle moments the new movies have no time for). So it would seem that Anakin turns before she dies, though I wouldn’t put it past Lucas to contradict himself again, actually, I wholly expect it. There’s a lot to deal with in this next flick; Anakin’s going to the dark side, his relationship with Obi-Wan and Padme, the fall of the Jedi, the beginning of the Empire and of course the Clone Wars. It could either be the best one or the worst depending on if Lucas focuses on Anakin’s struggle or instead decides to give us Chewbacca’s backstory.

-Griffith

CnC

Ad Oculos
If you remember, in ROTJ Leia has childhood memories of her mother and her death (it was one of those subtle moments the new movies have no time for).

i can't remember all of the details too well and i'm half asleep... but is the person Leia's talking about her real mother? or the person Obi-Wan gave the baby to to protect from Vader?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
It’s never elaborated on, but the context and emotional undercurrent was Luke asking about his own mother. Leia described her as being very beautiful, but also very sad, the implication there is obvious. So at the moment, to that end, in that movie, it was definitely supposed to be her real Mother Leia was talking about. But like I said, Lucas might just edit that out later and add an Ewok lightsaber battle in it’s place. =)

-Griffith

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Natalie Portman to Appear on ROTJ DVD
Mon, May 27, 02 12:48:09 PM EDT

Dark Horizons is reporting that Natalie Portman will appear on the 'Return of the Jedi' DVD:
MTV apparently re-iterated rumours that Natalie Portman has signed on to be a part of the new scenes being filmed for Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi - she'll shoot scenes during the production of Episode III which'll then be reinserted to the DVD release of 'Jedi'.

From theforce.net

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
2 days ago a i saw Episode II. Episode II is the best movie i've ever seen. It had good special fx, some very good acting and the best storyline i've seen so far, no shit!!
i liked how ben kenobi said to the guy in the bar: you don't want to sell me those sticks. you want to go home and think about your life. that was so cool!
i also liked that analking skywalker was played by that guy from N'SYNC. he was so cute and yet you felt the evil potential that lies within his soul. He had luck his mother didn't die 2 minutes earlier, otherwise they'd have to redo episode 4-6.
i still wonder how luke skywalker can be as ugly as he is when he has such a handsome dad and such a beautiful mother, but i guess that's all part of the deep truth that lies beyond our visual world.

i liked c3po. he was funny as hell. i still wonder how r2d2 reinstalled his head though...
the princess is tough to... falling down from 200+ metres and not being hurt at all ain't easy... good stunt princess!!!

i liked when the black yedi said: the party is over. that was like in peter jackson't evil dead. very kewl. i didn't know laser-swords are available in all those funny cute colours: purple, pink, yellow... looks almost like candy!

i also enjoyed watching the mega-ass-beasts that were running around during the romantic scene with analking and the princess. that was really fitting. that is exactly my imagination of a true romance. the princess was also quite impressed when darth anal began to ride on those megaoaschsaun. it was really unforgetable.

Yoda seems to be the most intelligent being in george lucas' world. he still didn't manage to learn english or german (depending on where you watch the movie). it was also good that those aliens had a french accent, so that Olivier can understand at least something in that movie.

what i liked most about the movie were the deepgoing dialogues. i mean the tremendous acting combined with those linguistical acrobatic, that was just awesome.

all in all it was just a stunning movie. they really took the art of creating beautiful movies to whole new level!

there are only a few movies that are better than episode II, but those really belong to the most outstanding collection of all time.
i'll try to make a list.

ConAir
Attack of the Killertomatoes
Vertical Limit
Universal Soldier III
Karate Tiger 9
Barbed Wire
Episode I
mortal kombat 2

there are few more of my favourites
which i can't remember.

THX for listening!
bye,

yours forever    :-*

edit: o yeah, and yoda definetely rocked!

Yoda seems to be the most intelligent being in george lucas' world. he still didn't manage to learn english or german (depending on where you watch the movie). it was also good that those aliens had a french accent, so that Olivier can understand at least something in that movie.

what i liked most about the movie were the deepgoing dialogues. i mean the tremendous acting combined with those linguistical acrobatic, that was just awesome.

all in all it was just a stunning movie. they really took the art of creating beautiful movies to whole new level!

there are only a few movies that are better than episode II, but those really belong to the most outstanding collection of all time.
i'll try to make a list.

ConAir
Attack of the Killertomatoes
Vertical Limit
Universal Soldier III
Karate Tiger 9
Barbed Wire
Episode I
mortal kombat 2

there are few more of my favourites
which i can't remember.

THX for listening!
bye,

yours forever    :-*

edit: o yeah, and yoda definetely rocked!

I'm thinking back t when I saw the movie a couple of weeks ago, and I think that most of the aliens had mexican accents. In France they propably had German accents.....I guess it depends on which aliens we're talking about.

BOB

poruno sutâ
Racist undertones are very clearly shaped in the star wars universe. The genosians in attack of the ... talk similar to african natives and jar jar is so much of a bimbo, worse, a bimbo who is (IMO) intended to be bashed and hated for his stupidity.

Top Bottom