Ricardo Montalban dies at 88. Or KHAAAAAAAAAAN, if you prefer.

http://ca.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idCATRE50D71R20090114

I was never into the original series and I actually didn't find the whole "Khaaan" joke to be all that funny.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
I was never into the original series and I actually didn't find the whole "Khaaan" joke to be all that funny.
Then what, exactly, is your interest in the story?

Walter said:
Then what, exactly, is your interest in the story?

I need to have interest in a story to post it?
The guy died. Surely there are at least one or two TOS fans that wouldn't mind hearing the news.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Th3Branded0ne said:
well at least some interests. Or you just wanted to increas your post count. jk :carcus: But I do like interest behind the news.

I believe only posts in Berserk related threads increase you post count, which is why my count has been the same for about a year.

Oburi said:
I believe only posts in Berserk related threads increase you post count, which is why my count has been the same for about a year.

Yeah, Shooting in the Breeze doesn't increase post count. Not like I care about my post count really. I guess I am close to the 500 mark but I'm not about to spam for such a trivial matter. Though I'm sure I'll post a little "celebratory" vid in the youtube thread.

Okay I have some interest in the topic. I loved Dayjoborchestra's voice over youtube vids. Ricardo was in a few of them. And that's .. basically it. :ganishka:

Rip Ricardo.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yeah, worst eulogy ever.

Mr. Montalban deserves better than to be remembered for some Internet joke. Fantasy Island, The Naked Gun, his aforementioned awesome portrayal of Khan in Star Trek, and countless other memorable film and television appearances. Most of all though, his timeless voice.

Hopefully he's enjoying himself, as the guest finally, on the fantasy island in the sky.

ricardo_l.jpg

"Smiles, everyone...smiles!"​

I used to dislike Star Trek, having only seen some episodes of the Next Generation and Voyager. I did like 'The Wrath of Kahn' though and finally decided to try watching the Original Series and I like it alot actually. There are some really well written and interesting episodes in it. Completely different from the spin-off crap. Now I'm looking forward to the prequel movie.

Ricardo was great as Khan. I don't think I've ever seen him in anything else though.

The man had a huge acting career. And I'm also sad to say that I haven't seen him in anything other then Khan as well. The man's been in everything from Zorro to Planet of the Apes to Columbo.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I have. The first two. Funny how Montalban's character dies. Falls from a stadium, then is run over by a bus, a steam roller, and the USC Trojan Marching Band

I have probably seen him, I just don't remember. It was ages ago that I watched The Naked Gun or Planet of the Apes. I don't recall the cast. :schnoz:

Top Bottom