So cold around the midwest

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I feel sorry for the people living in the area where temperatures are so cold this week. My forecast is 73 for the high in the next ten days.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090115/ap_on_re_us/winter_weather

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
I usually reside in Iowa, so I am quite thankful that I'm away in Denmark this winter. My friend's keep bitching about it though, so I can't escape it entirely. They need to man up!

WOOOW Snowboarding season. HELL YEAH!!!

Dress warm, use common sense and you should be fine. Up here it's actually warm right now. 7c or so. Temps really unstable though.

Scorpio

Scorpio said:
My friend's keep bitching about it though, so I can't escape it entirely. They need to man up!

I'm back in Iowa this year and I wish the cold would go away! :judo:

It's freezing temps in georgia, all through the week. I think the high tomorrow is 28? They're actually predicting snow!

And all this is made worse by the fact that the floor furnance in my house broke, and my landlord's trying to convince me that it's because it's "too cold outside." Yeah, that makes sense.

Scorpio

As someone who has done some light HVAC work, your landlord is definitely trying to pull a fast one on you. But if it makes you feel any better, the predicted high for friday here in Iowa is -9. Enjoy your balmy weather.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
It's been in the low thirties here in Seattle. It doesn't help that I work near the water, either. Brrrr.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
2 or 3 inches of snow here this morning. Temperatures are around 2°C / 28°F.
0 inches here, but most schools in the state closed at the mere THREAT of snow :ganishka:

I invite you all to Norway. The southeastern parts of the country is having a cold wave right now and the temperature in my area is getting close to where Fahrenheit and Celsius converge: -40°. Some of the worst places are even colder.

X

Xem

Walter said:
0 inches here, but most schools in the state closed at the mere THREAT of snow :ganishka:

Not sure where you live in Georgia, but where I live (North of ATL), we got some mildly heavy snowfall - then later in the day freezing rain. I watched a couple cars fishtail around turns on the way to classes (they didn't get canceled until late afternoon).

Though you're right, people down here freak out pretty hilariously when it starts snowing. It's like they've never seen it before. "Oh god! What's this white rain?! Cancel everything, board your houses up!"

I enjoy it though.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Not sure where you live in Georgia, but where I live (North of ATL), we got some mildly heavy snowfall - then later in the day freezing rain. I watched a couple cars fishtail around turns on the way to classes (they didn't get canceled until late afternoon).

Though you're right, people down here freak out pretty hilariously when it starts snowing. It's like they've never seen it before. "Oh god! What's this white rain?! Cancel everything, board your houses up!"

I enjoy it though.
I live in Nashville,Tennessee and we eventually got about 1.5 inches.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, temperatures reached -20°C / -4°F today! Disrupted the public transportations enough that I couldn't go to work.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Deci said:
"Oh god! What's this white rain?! Cancel everything, board your houses up!"

Heh, yeah. I'm north of ATL too, I decided to wait a bit to run my errands today after checking Georgia Navigator and seeing traffic incident markers all the fuck over the place. Last thing I need right now is a giant SUV sliding into my POS Geo. It's pretty outside though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Made a small snowman for my wife today. How about you guys living in Canada show me how it's done by posting a giant one? :iva:

Snowman.jpg

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
グリフィス said:
Projected high/low for tomorrow: 70° | 50° :iva:

Damn you Californians! :void:

We're experiencing a typical (read: rainy) Seattle winter right now. I'm just glad there's not ice everywhere like the last few years.

Top Bottom