Cuba/U.S. relations thaw, good or bad? US fugitives unsure

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090117/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/cb_cuba_americans_hiding_out

Interesting subject in general on future Cuban/American relations, but the slant of the story is will fugitives from each country now be more extraditable, as some U.S. fugitives in Cuba worry. Here's my favorite part:

"It's not a good time to raise my name up there," said Charlie Hill, who was accused in the slaying of a New Mexico state trooper and hijacked a plane to Cuba in 1971. "Things are going good. I don't want to be in the limelight."

Well, it's a good thing the FBI can't read this article you gave a quote for, Charlie Hill, fugitive hiding in Cuba for the specific crimes of slaying a New Mexico state trooper and hijacking! :ganishka:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Ha! Awesome. I know the first thing that's going to happen when relations get even better is the FBI and Cuba's equivalent are going to start flinging fugitives back and forth at each other.

Th3Branded0ne said:
Exchange cubans for cubans(cigars). :ganishka:

Yeah I was just thinking that Cuban cigars would become available again. It would do some good things for the Cuban economy. That's for sure. And possibly the Us economy though it wouldn't work miracles.

Top Bottom