Movies to dread

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
With this little announcement, I felt there needed to be a new thread. The other upcoming movie thread has a misleading title for this little.... nugget of information.

"The fourth film in the blockbuster “Spider-Man” franchise will begin shooting in 2010, actor J.K. Simmons told MTV News at Sundance"
Hoo-boy...

Oh yeah, and there's also...
[quote author=http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39797]A big-screen version of Isaac Asimov’s “Foundation” trilogy is now in the hands of Sony and writer-director-producer Roland Emmerich (“Stargate,” “Independence Day,” “Godzilla,” “The Patriot,” “The Day After Tomorrow,” “10,000 B.C.”). [/quote]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-! :mozgus:

And while I'm at it, Tron 2.0, Karate Kid "IV".

There. That's enough damage for now.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
oh no...

They really should have stopped with the first, and realized they were headed down the wrong path after the second. Third was aweful and the fourth will most likely follow this trend into the pits. With any luck we can at least bury it after that.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Finally, a real "Movies to look down to" thread, I like the concentrated negativity! :idea: :ganishka:

I must object to something though, for all the bad movies in the "looking forward to" thread, I don't think Spidey deserves to open the dread thread (actually, I think it should be Judge Dredd, even if it might be decent, we should still be wary; never forget =). Maybe I'm just soft in the head for the ol' web head, but Spidey 4 being a comeback movie isn't out of the question (though I haven't followed it recently).

Anyway, my personal submission:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0905372/

Thankfully, doesn't look like it's actually going to happen... this year.

P.S. Won't all the same movies get posted in both threads anyway, by people of, um... different tastes? =)

If splitting up the views on them into sister threads is the point though, it could make for interesting parallel discussions. Should we experiment with casual rules to keep hope and praise isolated in the other thread and doom and gloom in this one, even if points made in one are indirect responses to comments in the other? :rakshas:

Yeah, I'm thinking about it too much.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
I wanna join in on this...

Keanu Reeves Confirmed for Cowboy Bebop
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51989
Ohhhhh sweet jesus. Our movie prospects just keep getting better and better (crying inside)!

In response to Griff's questions about "rules," I don't mind parallel conversations, really. I guess we'll just play it by ear and see how it goes. I may end up merging the threads if it becomes too much of a problem. Until then, we'll see.

Griffith

I think I've got a real winner here.

Pink Panther... 2!?

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/the-pink-panther-2/tv-spot-1

BOOM!

I honestly thought it was an ad for a new DVD of the first one or something, the thought never even entered my head that it could have been successful enough to garner another, as a matter of fact, as the ad was running, I felt sorry for Steve Martin and thought, "What an embarrassment this bastardization must be for him." Then, when the logo appeared on the screen, I literally said aloud in horror, "It got a sequeeeel!?"

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Wow. I thought the most recent Pink Panther do-over sucked at the box office? Go figure... I guess it'd be more surprising if Daddy Day Care got a sequel. Oh wai-.

As for my new contribution to the thread, it's well-trodden territory, but this thread wouldn't be complete without it. The direct-to-DVD hit of the year, Ace Ventura Jr.: Pet Detective! That's how I roll.

Proj2501 said:

[br]...by god....I'm just trying to imagine him with green afro-like hair....

Proj2501 said:

Oh, come ON! Does Hollywood have to destroy another one of my favorite anime titles? Bebop is a timeless classic! :mozgus:
but than aggain Maybee it will b kewl liek eht draginball movie!!11/1 :troll:

And for my participation with this thread...gentlemen, I give you the Prince of Persia:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473075/
I honestly have mixed feelings about that one, with Disney taking the reins and all.

I think Hollywood is going to butcher Street Fighter again, but I can't remember if I actually READ an article or dreamed it.

Griffith

Walter said:
Wow. I thought the most recent Pink Panther do-over sucked at the box office? Go figure...

Fucking a, I always assumed it was a complete failure, but I guess that was just wishful thinking. Actually, just checked its Box Office, it barely made back $82 million on an $80 million budget, so I guess with overseas and DVDs that's enough to justify doing another one, probably cheaper for more profits.

Here's a fun new wrinkle, what the imdb boards have to say!

Exclusive New Clip! DirectorsCut19
Peter Sellers is rolling over in his grave slevinkelevra
Godfather reference? karaoke_superstarguy
Harald Zwarts best movie? bardchrist
'Hamburger' in French MTrain
GO AWAY. Rite_Of_Spring

Griffith

royoak said:
Pink Panther 2, huh? I don't really know if I should be angry about it or pity the actors.

I was more flabbergasted than anything.

I must be mellowing out, and what a bad time with this wonderful thread coming into being. First, I want to give Spidey 4 a pass. Then, I think Street Fighter is far beyond butchering anyway, do as you will, Hollywood. And most shocking of all, I don't even care about Keanu Reeves as Spike Spiegel. It means it'll have decent buzz and budget, and honestly, they could have done worse. I'm actually kinda curious (he's even a quarter asian, albeit the wrong kind =). Maybe I'm just happy they didn't cast Will Smith or his kid.

keanu-reeves-7.jpg

"...Bang."​

As in "...woah." :ganishka:

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Griffith said:
And most shocking of all, I don't even care about Keanu Reeves as Spike Spiegel. It means it'll have decent buzz and budget, and honestly, they could have done worse. I'm actually kinda curious (he's even a quarter asian, albeit the wrong kind =).

Actually... I'm pretty curious as well. I think that Keanu could actually do a decent job with Spike (and for the people pointing out the hair, exactly who do you think could actually pull that style off?) even though he might need to work on his sense of humor a bit. Otherwise, I'm much more disheartened that a live action Bebop movie is being made to begin with- lately it's almost like Hollywood is going out of its way to try and kill everything I still feel nostalgia for.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Scorpio said:
Actually... I'm pretty curious as well. I think that Keanu could actually do a decent job with Spike (and for the people pointing out the hair, exactly who do you think could actually pull that style off?) even though he might need to work on his sense of humor a bit. Otherwise, I'm much more disheartened that a live action Bebop movie is being made to begin with- it's almost like lately Hollywood is going out of its way to try and kill everything I still feel nostalgia for.

Maybe a few years ago I would be anxious to see what Keanu could do with the role....but he's hopeless...truly hopeless and your going to be terribly disappointed. I'll pay for your ticket if I'm wrong.

not really

And Johny Depp as Vicious. :ganishka:
Dream on people, it ain't gonna happen!
If there's an higher force in the Universe, this movie will never be made (i hope)

Griffith said:
I was more flabbergasted than anything.

And most shocking of all, I don't even care about Keanu Reeves as Spike Spiegel. It means it'll have decent buzz and budget, and honestly, they could have done worse. I'm actually kinda curious (he's even a quarter asian, albeit the wrong kind =). Maybe I'm just happy they didn't cast Will Smith or his kid.

keanu-reeves-7.jpg

"...Bang."​
[br]That pic actually makes him look okay for the role....now that I think about it. He kinda was like Spike in Constantine except he went after demons and such. Plus he chain smoked which Spike does time to time. Meh we'll see.
royoak said:
[br] :guts:

Top Bottom