Movies to dread

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
All X-men films sucked. In my opinion, of course. :carcus: That Wolverine movie? A parody of itself. I'd honestly rather see the Cage movie.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
All X-men films sucked. In my opinion, of course. :carcus:

I don't even lump it in with the others though, since there's actually X-Men related things to like about it. :ganishka:

Aazealh said:
That Wolverine movie? A parody of itself. I'd honestly rather see the Cage movie.

That's a tough one, my first instinct is to go with Wolvie just for having some vested interest... but unlike it, the Cage movie's awfulness could actually entertain rather than vex me.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
That's a tough one, my first instinct is to go with Wolvie just for having some vested interest... but unlike it, the Cage movie's awfulness could actually entertain rather than vex me.

That's the thing: because I'm interested in the X-men in the first place, I'll definitely be disappointed by that new movie. I mean I like Gambit as a character, but I'm already sure I'll hate their version. I'm the kind of guy that couldn't get over what they did with Lady Deathstrike in X2, to have made her a mutant with the same healing factor as Wolverine's instead of a cyborg. :mozgus:

With "Knowing" however, I'm so unconcerned by it that I don't dread it in the least and might even enjoy it in the right conditions. But then again it's doubtful I'll ever see it. :ganishka:

Griffith

Aazealh said:
That's the thing: because I'm interested in the X-men in the first place, I'll definitely be disappointed by that new movie. I mean I like Gambit as a character, but I'm already sure I'll hate their version. I'm the kind of guy that couldn't get over what they did with Lady Deathstrike in X2, to have made her a mutant with the same healing factor as Wolverine's instead of a cyborg. :mozgus:

Agreed, and it looks like they've crammed in as many characters to compromise as they can (DEADPOOL!!! :mozgus:). Man, Watchmen is going to kill you. =)

Aazealh said:
With "Knowing" however, I'm so unconcerned by it that I don't dread it in the least and might even enjoy it in the right conditions.

french-wine-seabed.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
As long as we're talking X-Men I must rec the Wolverine vs Hulk animated feature that came out recently. The Thor vs Hulk it's packaged with is just bleh but I really, really enjoyed Wolverine vs Hulk. It's awesome.

X

Xem

Akira Toriyama's opinion on the new Dragon Ball movie trailer:

Commenting before the new Japanese trailer for the film, he said: "As the original creator, I had a feeling of "Huh?" upon seeing the screenplay and the character designs, but the director, all the actors, the staff, and the rest are nothing but 'ultra' high-calibre people."

He went on: "Maybe the right way for me and all the fans to appreciate it is as a new Dragon Ball of a different dimension. Perhaps, this might become a great masterpiece of power! Hey, I look forward to it!!"

http://movies.ign.com/articles/952/952896p1.html

Sounds like he's trying to trick himself into thinking it'll be good. Really his first reaction is probably the most accurate.

X

Xem

Aazealh said:
Well, he's Japanese, can't possibly just say it sucks. It'd be impolite. If he were from the UK he'd probably call it a piece of shit, like Moore. :ganishka:

As I do more research on the movie I cringe a bit, but apparently so much of the movie is being reshot it's hard to see what the goal is. Obviously they realized they fucked this movie up really, really bad, and they're trying to fix it. Last I read the final battle between Goku and Piccolo is being totally reshot. And it's pretty clear they've been trying to make Piccolo more and more green with every trailer.

Too bad FOX won't admit they fucked the whole thing up and start over from scratch.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, actually re-doing the movie is good enough for me. Them admitting they fucked up brings nothing to the table other than the glee of seeing them humiliated, and it's obviously something studio execs don't usually do. Starting over from scratch is unfortunately not going to happen, but you know, simple editing can sometimes completely change a movie.

SK3LL

Vengeance!
I didn't read the whole thread so sorry if this has been mentioned before.

Don't go and watch "The Spirit" This movie really is a damn waste of time. Actually it's as good as "10'000 B.C." is...worthless crap banned on celluloid.

A

avidwriter

It's real. There is another figure of him looking more like his comic self though. There have been rumors about those "spikes" wether he has them in his arms like Wolverine or he just uses them as weapons at some point.

Aazealh said:
After the action figure you really should have been expecting it.

Well I was hoping it was a joke like those star wars action figures of uncle Owen "charred" edition. Or where those real figures too? :isidro:
I mean last time we saw Ryan he at least was wearing a suit that almost looked like deadpool's.
The only explanation I could possibly think of, is that the screenshot of him in the red suit is a before and this new screenshot is what he looks like after the Weapon X program??

Ramen4ever said:
Well I was hoping it was a joke like those star wars action figures of uncle Owen "charred" edition. Or where those real figures too?  :isidro:
You were hoping?  :ganishka:

To quote Ryan Reynolds:
"I’ve always wanted to do 'Deadpool'. I think I would forgo anything to play it in some incarnation."

The figure is real and the back of its packaging says this:
"Deadpool was transformed by William Stryker to be the ultimate mutant. He is a monster with a single purpose, to serve Stryker’s will. He is an indestructible weapon with no vulnerability and his first target is Wolverine."

Ramen4ever said:
I mean last time we saw Ryan he at least was wearing a suit that almost looked like deadpool's.
The only explanation I could possibly think of, is that the screenshot of him in the red suit is a before and this new screenshot is what he looks like after the Weapon X program??
Considering the missing hair and the scars: Yes.

Just for fun the mini version:

Sigh :judo: why do they ruin things like this all the time? I like this quote from the wiki entry for the movie:

Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson / Deadpool: A wisecracking mercenary who can heal like Wolverine. Reynolds had been interested in playing the character in his own film since 2003.Computer-generated imagery is being used to create his scarred up visage, which will end up being a departure from the comic book appearance.

lol that overall look is some departure.

Griffith

avidwriter said:
It's real. There is another figure of him looking more like his comic self though.

41iaAC3jxrL._SS500_.jpg

It's way too comic specific with the accessories to be true...

51Gh%2BQy18UL._SS500_.jpg

Yep, the key distinction is that "COMIC SERIES" tag on the side. Just another tie-in.​

Anyway, as un-Deadpool as he looks, the new picture is still better than when it was simply Ryan Reynolds in red spandex. Anyway, 10 years ago I'd be irate, but it really helps that I've given up and am not going to see this movie or care, and I'll just keep my Deadpool 1 action figure thanks (did anyone get Deadpool 2? It was mythical to me in my childhood, and I never did find it =).

Ramen4ever said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/hext1/Face.jpg

I knew it, at least some things don't change. =)

Legend of chun-li. Rottentomato's rating. It's higher than I expected.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/street_fighter_the_legend_of_chun_li/

Top Bottom