Terminator Salvation's work on set was peachy!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
batemanbloody.jpg

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
This proves that McG is an incompetent director, he just sits there and does nothing, refusing responsability by saying "Uh, I dont know, I didnt see anything!". What a fuckin loser!

I would still love Bale, even if he was Bateman in real life :)

NightCrawler

Griffith said:
Not to defend "McG", but I think this really only proves that Bale's a jerk.

Yeah he could've just walked off to his trailer and vent there. But the DP can't interfere in the shot like that. And it seems he did it twice! Bale went overboard, but the DP keeps trying to justify himself when he could've just shut up and take it like a bitch.
McG on the other hand, should've ended the fight in one second if he wasn't such an inept douche.

I love this part: "Film execs sent the tape to the insurance company that insured the film in case Bale bailed." :ganishka:

That DP has a really amazing body of work: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0403397/

Griffith

From the audio, I'm not even sure that the guy "interfered in the shot", or just got in Bale's line of sight while he was doing the scene, enough to distract Mr. Professionalism. Anyway, I just love how Bale's acting like an unbearable prima donna douchebag, to the point of threatening violence like an insane asshole, but our objective analysis is: it's everyone else's fault, poor Christian! :ganishka:

NightCrawler

Griffith said:
From the audio, I'm not even sure that the guy "interfered in the shot", or just got in Bale's line of sight while he was doing the scene, enough to distract Mr. Professionalism. Anyway, I just love how Bale's acting like an unbearable prima donna douchebag, to the point of threatening violence like an insane asshole, but our objective analysis is: it's everyone else's fault, poor Christian! :ganishka:

He's trying to do some acting in the post-apocalyptic wasteland that's intense and gritty like McG envisioned (:troll:) and the next thing you know Mr. DP with his denim shirt and sunglasses is in front of him fixing his light.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Anyway, I just love how Bale's acting like an unbearable prima donna douchebag, to the point of threatening violence like an insane asshole, but our objective analysis is: it's everyone else's fault, poor Christian! :ganishka:
No, no. You misunderstood my post, then :guts:

There's no question that Bale is clearly being a complete assclown about this, but it's really the director's responsibility to maintain control of the set and not give in to actor pressure like this. From what I know of film history, these kinds of epic flare ups are extremely commonplace -- they just don't get taped and distributed.

Griffith

Walter said:
No, no. You misunderstood my post, then :guts:

Not at all, it's just that these ruminations were being made while the obvious wasn't being stated; wow, what an asshole! =)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uhh, so who's this McG guy exactly? Never heard of him. Anyway, while Bale went overboard (I didn't even bother listening to the whole thing), I'd also be pissed if some dude kept walking on the set as we were filming. I mean seriously, must be hard enough to soil his name starring in Terminator Salvation, so he probably doesn't want to have to do more than one take on any given scene. :void:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
deathbybears said:
I'd like to see this thing done up in such a way that his voice is Batmanized.
Internet, make this happen.

Well, it's not BATMAN, but an awesome YouTUbe remix has just been posted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTihsJQHt48

No fuck no, no fuck no. Lmao
Oh God, Bale, I like you man. Stop being a prick face.
Yes I'm sure making as many movies as he makes is stressful, but dude throw your weight around in a slightly classier fashion.

I can kinda believe the story of him hitting his mum now. Ah...Bruce.

You know, it must be hard to play make believe all day and get paid millions. FUCKING DP DOOSH!!!!!!!!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Internet, make this happen.

Well, it's not BATMAN, but an awesome YouTUbe remix has just been posted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTihsJQHt48

Hehehe that's pretty good. :guts:

Proj2501 said:
I can kinda believe the story of him hitting his mum now. Ah...Bruce.

Yeah that's what I was about to say when I read the beginning of your post. If the guy can be bad enough that his family had to go to the police, I doubt he'll make much efforts with strangers.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
This might clear up the incident a bit.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39984
Bale had indeed warned the DP on multiple occasions about messing with lights while the cameras were rolling, and Bale was in the midst of a painful scene with Bryce, what was described to me as being the emotional center of the film and his character for the film.
Ok, I can respect that. The DP fucked up.

But Bale really did have this coming. He should know this kind of shit has the propensity to get leaked if he's a complete ass on set to subordinates.

Anyway, more Terminator: Salvation info here, from an article in Wired. This shows off concept art for new terminator models, and a few other... weird things. It also has a nifty comment from James Cameron:

""I didn't want to feel like the guy who gave birth to the Terminator is against what we're doing, so I go to see James Cameron to kiss the ring and tell him what I was trying to do," McG said. "He's cordial but says, 'I'm not going to endorse your movie. I reserve the right to hate it. But I wish you well, and if you're going to make a Terminator I'd prefer you make a good one to a bad one.'" " - McG.

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2009/01/terminator-dire.html

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:
But Bale really did have this coming. He should know this kind of shit has the propensity to get leaked if he's a complete ass on set to subordinates.

Even then it's not like he's the guy's boss. He has as much right telling the guy how to do his job as the DP telling him how to do his.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Anyway, more Terminator: Salvation info here, from an article in Wired. This shows off concept art for new terminator models, and a few other... weird things. It also has a nifty comment from James Cameron:

""I didn't want to feel like the guy who gave birth to the Terminator is against what we're doing, so I go to see James Cameron to kiss the ring and tell him what I was trying to do," McG said. "He's cordial but says, 'I'm not going to endorse your movie. I reserve the right to hate it. But I wish you well, and if you're going to make a Terminator I'd prefer you make a good one to a bad one.'" " - McG.

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2009/01/terminator-dire.html

Interesting article. I'm a little less worried about the movie now than before reading it. And I like Cameron's answer. He was completely honest.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Even then it's not like he's the guy's boss. He has as much right telling the guy how to do his job as the DP telling him how to do his.

In this case it seems he was in his right to tell the guy to act more professionally. Especially from a veteran actor to a beginner DP. If I tell a newcomer at my workplace not to do something and he does it regardless with consequences on my work, you bet he's going to hear from me. That's how it works. The only reason one can blame Bale here is because he lost his temper and kept insulting the guy. But the reprimand itself isn't improper, especially in the context.

Top Bottom