Guts and the God Hand

He ran around with a child on the end of his sword as bait to draw in demons so he could slaughter them all. He nearly raped the only person he actually cares about, and regularly acts as though his goals are more important than the lives of every last person on earth.

He is Wrath to Griffith's Pride. He should be one of the Godhand, and even Void and Slan seem to think so. Skullknight seems to be trying to use that to make him a weapon against the Godhand because he is their equal.

Not that I dislike the character, but he is a total bastard. He just keeps trying not to be... and falling short.

What if it turns out that the idea of evil is lying about Griffith being as important as he seems? What if Guts is the one it's really after and everything its doing is to get him right where it wants him? It could either be him or someone else for that matter to boot.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Badass mode ash said:
What if it turns out that the idea of evil is lying about Griffith being as important as he seems? What if Guts is the one it's really after and everything its doing is to get him right where it wants him? It could either be him or someone else for that matter to boot.

I don't really think the God Hand are actually going after Guts. If Guts was their main goal I would think you'd see some more attention on him then besides Slan. What ever secret goals Griffith has [killing Flora for example] seem to be getting mixed together with what Guts is currently doing [trying to cure Casca].

I disagree with the guy you quoted [who did you quote anyways]. Guts for a time was concerned only about his goals, but has given up on them to get Casca cured.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I don't really think the God Hand are actually going after Guts. If Guts was their main goal I would think you'd see some more attention on him then besides Slan. What ever secret goals Griffith has [killing Flora for example] seem to be getting mixed together with what Guts is currently doing [trying to cure Casca].

I disagree with the guy you quoted [who did you quote anyways]. Guts for a time was concerned only about his goals which, but has given up on them to get Casca cured.

It was a comment off of deviantart.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Yyyeah I think Quoted Guy is suffering a little from a skimming-and-Lost-Children-arc impression of Guts. He's never been more of a bastard than he was around the time of the Rochine fight; right after the Eclipse he was kinda nuts and had no idea how to handle what had happened to Casca and was totally on his own... IMO, he's been growing out of all that since he's had a team around. I don't think you could describe current Guts as falling short of non-bastardage. Obviously the Beast part of him still just wants him to be fucked up and killing shit, but even it speaks as if it has to kick Guts out of the way to get to do that.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Badass mode ash said:
What if it turns out that the idea of evil is lying about Griffith being as important as he seems?

No way. Griffith is very important no matter how you look at things. And the Idea of Evil can't be lying about anything, it's not like it's issuing official statements... But what's the relation with what you quoted anyway?

Badass mode ash said:
What if Guts is the one it's really after and everything its doing is to get him right where it wants him? It could either be him or someone else for that matter to boot.

And for what purpose? Because you know, Griffith's actions are serving a purpose right now. And we're seeing their direct consequences in a way that allows us to guess what this purpose is. I honestly don't think what you're saying is likely. At least not the way in which you meant it. Maybe Guts still has a role to play somewhere in the Idea of Evil's plans, but he's not going to be the big bad guy in the end.

Anyhow, like others have said the text you've quoted is inaccurate and superficial. Honestly I don't know what made you think it was worth posting in the first place.

He ran around with a child on the end of his sword as bait to draw in demons so he could slaughter them all.

The boy had been left outside and would have likely died if Guts hadn't been there. He didn't take him out of a safe hiding place to serve as a bait. Sure, the kid had a hard time. But he lived in the end, and helped avenge his parents.

He nearly raped the only person he actually cares about

Accidentally. And he cares about more than one person.

regularly acts as though his goals are more important than the lives of every last person on earth.

He's acted like that at some points in the past, and even then he was more bark than bite and did care about others to some extent. Vargas' death didn't leave him unmoved. Nor did Theresia's words or Jill's situation. But I guess a true hero is supposed to let himself be trampled by others? Forsaking his own goals and ambitions for the good of people that, for the most part, really aren't good-hearted themselves. Right.

He should be one of the Godhand, and even Void and Slan seem to think so.

Yeah... Not really.

Skullknight seems to be trying to use that to make him a weapon against the Godhand because he is their equal.

Yeah... Not really.

Not that I dislike the character, but he is a total bastard.

Yeah... Not really.

Top Bottom