Let the Right One In (2008)

Låt den rätte komma in (2008) ..Let the Right One In

This is a Swedish film that I watched last night, and to be honest.. I'm already craving to watch it again. I hate when people ruin plots in these descriptions, so I won't reveal much. Basically, it's a story about Oskar, a bullied 12-year old, who dreams of revenge. He ends up meeting Eli, a peculiar girl.

It's shot beautifully. I highly recommend this.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
VICTORIOUS march said:
Låt den rätte komma in (2008) ..Let the Right One In

. I hate when people ruin plots in these descriptions, so I won't reveal much.

It's shot beautifully. I highly recommend this.

and you just did the same thing

Th3Branded0ne said:

..I could've just named the title of the movie, but you need somewhat of a plot description, and I feel that I gave away nothing significant that would ruin any enjoyment of the film.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Th3Branded0ne said:

Are you posting for the sake of posting or did you think that was something that needed to be posted? He didn't ruin anything about the film.

VICTORIOUS march said:
..I could've just named the title of the movie, but you need somewhat of a plot description, and I feel that I gave away nothing significant that would ruin any enjoyment of the film.

I wouldn't even call it a plot description. All you did was barely describe two characters. I'm not complaining.

Anyways, I'm still watching the movie so I'll let you all know what I think when I'm done.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
No I am not posting for the sake, but I guess for me what he said was part of a major part. Maybe I am just taking it ahead just from that. But either way, it's water over the bridge. Enjoy.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Just finished the movie. It's really good

It's amazing how the movie is able to mix graphic violence with beautiful visuals and good story. Still, my two biggest complaints are that CG was really bad and they didn't really explain too much for example the relationship between the old man and Eli. You can assume what is going on, but was the guy originally in the same position as Oskar or was he older when he met Eli? You just never know.

Not too many complaints, I wish they had more for the supporting cast beside getting eaten. I also wish they made Virgina's boyfriend and the bullies' brother more threatening characters. Oh well.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Th3Branded0ne said:

Wow, relax, he didn't mention any crucial plot points. I'm looking forward to renting this when it comes out on video.

A theater I go to regularly was playing this a while ago. I didn't see it but was curious about it. They revered to it as the "Swedish vampire film" but didn't say much else about it. I love vampire films, but I'm usually skeptical because good ones are so far and few in between. That aside, I was really impressed with the Addiction (an intelligent vampire film) so I'll definitely check this out soon.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Deci said:
I had been meaning to see this movie ever since I saw the preview almost a year ago. I kinda wish I hadn't known about the vampire "twist" to it beforehand, but what can you do.

Good news there is no vampire twist.

If you can't figure out she's a vampire then you have to be oblivious, it's heavily implied in the beginning. Even more implied when she's drinking the blood of her victims.

A REMAKE?! [hisses at screen] ..sickening!

Yup!, it's quite obvious she needs blood in order to survive. My fav scene is probably when she climbs up the hospital wall, into the old dudes room and feeds on his blood, then tosses him out the window and he hits the truck before hitting the ground.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
VICTORIOUS march said:
A REMAKE?! [hisses at screen] ..sickening!

Yup!, it's quite obvious she needs blood in order to survive. My fav scene is probably when she climbs up the hospital wall, into the old dudes room and feeds on his blood, then tosses him out the window and he hits the truck before hitting the ground.
The hospital scene was a good one, but to top that was at the end when she was killing the bullies. I couldn't stop laughing when i saw the one kid kicking his legs in the water as he was getting dragged through it.

I really liked how she was so ghostly, like when she just dropped on Virginia and started feasting on her. I did read somewhere that in the book her older companion later turned out to be some vampire villain after she feasted on him. I almost wish they had that, but at the same time I think they were trying to take him a different way in the film.

Top Bottom