Recent content by Bacongod

1. B

Batman: Arkham Asylum

There may be no tax in NH, but as a 31 year resident, I can say that may be the only bonus. There is sweet fuck-all to do around these parts, so don't lament. As for the game, damn cool. Got the last of the Riddler trophies last night. Looking forward to a sequel.
  2. B

What do you do for a living

I'm 31 and a kitchen manager in a small restaurant.
  3. B

Police: Hair Weave Stops Bullet

I'd like to see Mythbusters test that.
  4. B

Dark Horse Releases

I just finished DH volume 26, and had a translation question. As Grunbeld is stomping on Guts on page 177, he refers to him as "Archenemy." In the translation archive on this site, you guys went with "Old Enemy." I'm a fool for asking y'all to second guess yourselves, but which is more...
  5. B

2008 Presidential Primaries

Yes, my above post was very idealistic. I agree with everything Griff has said. The only way to affect change is from within. It is more important to to look at the long term ramifications, than the short term, "I won't raise your taxes" promises. I guess the real problem I have, (aside...
  6. B

2008 Presidential Primaries

"it wouldn't have even been an issue if not for all dumb ass college age idealists in New Hampshire that swung the state to Bush by voting for Ralph "I helped ruin the country too" Nadir." Griff, I take offense to this. Not only because I'm from New Hampshire(voted for Gore), but because your...
  7. B

When the country goes to shit...

I'd go deep into the woods in Vermont, far away from you folk looking for someone to "go after." I'd probably bring a tent, a water filter pump, a framing hatchet, a shovel, and a solid hunting rifle.
  8. B

Serpico and Farnese: Two Poorly Conceived Characters

I usually don't get involved in these types of posts. They are opinion arguments, and the opinions of people vary greatly, and are impossible to change. I work a lot, and find such discussion futile. That being said: Red devil, your problem with Farnese seems to be (this post is tedious and...
  9. B

Sex cow, ma-ooo

The thought on my mind has been the logistics of it. Cow ass, and by that logic, cow vagina, is about chest to eye level on a six foot man. I'm sure there are stools and ladders a plenty on a farm, but damn, that thought alone takes the "I was drunk, and was feeling lonely," argument out of...
  10. B

Sex cow, ma-ooo

Gregory Viens, a 56 year old Fayston VT man, has plead no contest to a charge of unlawful trespass in a case which police say he admitted to entering a dairy barn, to have sex with the cows. His fine was six hundred and one dollars. In a similar case in 2000, police decided not to press...
  11. B

Coca leaves

This may be a bizarre Dark Horse translation, but near the end of the second episode of issue fifteen, when Guts is drinking snake blood and vomiting, he is also chewing on coca leaves. Now, we have seen Guts rage before, but never for as long a time as is touched off in issue fifteen. My...
  12. B

THE POWERS COSMIC

A blind Ben Affleck none the less. I liked the first FF, partly because it didn't follow the story. I've been a comic fan for years, and was a little tired of how they keep retreading those origin stories. My only real compliant was Doom, and in that, only his voice. He just didn't sound...
  13. B

Speculation about the prototype

Just as a side, Dracula's father was called Vlad Dracul, meaning Vlad the Dragon. Dracula means, son of the dragon. Dracula (the son) earned the name Tepes, from his habit of impaling.
  14. B

What are you reading?

I recommend "Fantazius Mallare" by Ben Hecht. It's a tale of a sculptor, and his decent into madness. How can anyone dislike "1984"? The last line is the single most depressing thing I ever read.
  15. B

Dark Horse Releases

Just wanted to throw in my two cents. In issue twelve, I did not find the sound effects translations to be that bad, a mild nuisance at best. In issue thirteen, they annoyed the crap out of me. Maybe you folks have been getting to me, but I am now on the "sound effects translations suck" side...
Top Bottom