Recent content by Beld

1. B

Griffith and Love???

I think that before the eclipse griffith could and did love. The fact that one of the godhand said his tears would be wiped clean is proof enough to me that he had human emotions just like everyone else. The catch is he had been fighting with his emotions for so long trying to control them and...
  2. B

Griffith's point of view.

First I just want to say I really enjoyed the arguments/debate in this thread. One of the reasons I love berserk is because of the complex moral and philosophical issues it brings up. I love the way you can see an evolution of the characters views as well just like people's views on these...
  3. B

Also when people think of griffith it seems like they tend to get tunnel vision sometimes. Griffith definitely cared about who he "stepped on" to achieve his dreams. He struggled with it much more than guts did in the golden age. Don't forget the flashback to griffith scratching himself in...
  4. B

I disagree completely Carmilla. If he is evil because his beliefs led him to hurt others then by that reasoning many more characters in berserk are evil than good or neutral. Such as Guts, Casca, and the rest of the hawks. Didn't they all make their living on hurting other humans? Guts is...
  5. B

I disagree I don't think griffith was "Evil" as a human. Berserk is more complicated than that. The fact that he is a killer could make him evil in some people's eyes but in the world of berserk you seem to either be a killer or a victim. The people griffith kills .....well I have not seen...
  6. B

I think griffith and femto are different in some important ways. Before griffith sacrafices the hawks one of the god hand say something to the effect of your tears will be dried forever. This leads me to believe the process changed griffith's feelings in a supernatural way. I can relate to...
  7. B

See the funny thing is as I was following the story for the first time a long time ago. The whole time I admired griffith and thought he was making the right decisions......then all of a sudden he killed all the hawks....and I was shocked.....but still couldn't deny that it seemed like the...
  8. B

When I first started following berserk I admired and identified with griffith more than guts. Looking at the story from Griffith's point of view we have a man born with at the lowest social class who looks at the life and power that the royalty and aristocrats have and makes it his goal to reach...
Top Bottom