Recent content by Darquenaut

1. D

Spider-Man 3/Black Costume

Eh, it's just my poor, famished inner-fanboy speaking. Same fanboy that thinks Ghost Rider wasn't that bad of a movie and that Rutger Hauer should play the role of Aquaman. My inner-fanboy is on medication for that. :troll:
  2. D

My guess is simply because a lot pf people, myself included, really did not like the movie's Green Goblin mask. I suppose it works in reverse the the Harry Goblin (*sigh*) mask works, in that in stills, it looked awesome, but in the film it was, as someone once best described it, Power Ranger...
  3. D

DC and Marvel Heroes

For me, it really depends on what kind of take on the superhero genre I want to be reading. If I want a more flashy superhero take, with more emphasis on subtle character development and interaction, I'd go Marvel (Fave characters being Deadpool, Punisher, and the Thunderbolts (at least the...
  4. D

All I'm hoping is that when they do cast a new Spidey they pick a relative unknown as opposed to picking up an A-list actor. People (most of them) are coming to see the movies to see Spidey and Peter Parker, the everyman archetype, not necessarily the actor portraying the character. If you throw...
  5. D

A one-eyed swordsman?

Heh, I suppose, but at the same time I would be hesitant to say what Guts has been going through has made him "stronger," as it has made him more dangerous than anything. Granted, he now has a pretty useful arm cannon, the Berserker Armor, and an increasingly dangerous Dragonslayer, but look how...
  6. D

A one-eyed swordsman?

I just though I'd add this thought in, since it somewhat applies to the topic at hand - has anyone else noticed that seemingly for every physical handicap Guts has received, where it should have been a massive bane to survival, it has actually become in some way a boon, esp. in battle? Let me...
  7. D

Episode 285

Seriously, sometimes Fridays can't come soon enough. I am looking forward to this episode, only because this is what we've been waiting for since we learned about the Prophecy of the Hawk waaaay back in Volume 14- the beginning of the "age of darkness." Everything prior has just been everything...
  8. D

The old Band of the Hawk returneth

No, I just meant the Band of the Hawk coming back, period. Having them come back "evil" was only simply implied by Jaze's commenting on them (the Hawks) coming back and Guts fighting them. When I mentioned them coming back and ruining the memories of the fans, I meant merely their presence alone...
  9. D

Zodd statue

If I saw that I think I would make a complete ass of myself and start screaming like a giddy 12-year old schoolgirl.... except you know... in a more... macho, manly way... like.... watching boxing... yeah.... *cough* :troll:
  10. D

Zodd statue

That is nothing short of beautiful. :guts: I do wonder though how much flack the kid got from those who would object to having a larger-than-life snarling apostle standing outside the university library (and yes, those said people should be throttled).
  11. D

It was a hypothetical situation Aaz- I really don't think having the Hawks return as specters (or whatever) would serve any purpose, I was just merely speculating and seeing if we could get any more input on the thread topic. Also, sadly, I never got a chance to play either the Dreamcast or the...
  12. D

Official SKnet Wii thread

I was lucky enough to get my Wii back in early Dec. Had to get in line at 3 in the morn, but it was more than worth it. Also, in case anyone is wondering, probably not but hey, the updated Wii Internet Channel works great. In fact, I,m using it right now to post. Ahhhh, geekiness abounds...
  13. D

I know Aaz already answered the main question, but I'd just like to interject on this - no offense to Jaze1618 - but say for whatever reason the old Band of the Hawk did return, would we reallly want to see them become "enemies" (or spectral antagonists, or phantasms, or what have you) of Guts...
  14. D

Dark Horse Releases

I currently have Vol. 15 of the Dark Horse Berserk release and even though I am one of the minority that didn't get too bothered by the SFX in Vol. 13 (except for in a few cases- i.e. when they were scattered on a full two-page spread), I can say confidently that I noticed the SFX translations...
  15. D

Virginia Tech shootings kill 32+ people

This was a horrible, piss-poor to start the week. My thoughts are with them and your friend Walter. I just checked CNN.com, they're now saying 32 people are dead, 33 if you include the ass who killed himself afterward. http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/16/vtech.shooting/index.html What really...
Top Bottom