Recent content by hsvfan-jan

1. hsvfan-jan

Episode 376

Tbh at this point I think they remembered after 375 that Puck and Rickert used to know each other and wrote this into 376 as a "save" for the confusion. But it doesn't really matter anyway, it's not like anyone expects well-written dialogue or character interactions from the project (at the very...
  2. hsvfan-jan

Episode 376

You could be right. I personally don't mind when visual mediums "copy" from each other it's just that making the out-of-focus-characters WHITE puts your focus immediately towards that. Miura's genius aside, I think every beginning mangaka (or artist) should know the basics when it comes to...
  3. hsvfan-jan

What Are You Playing?

Currently playing FF7 Rebirth and I'm just about done with the Cosmo Canyon region. Not really sure yet if I love the game or not, perhaps it's sitting at an 8/10 for me so far? Some additions work perfectly, they enhance the characters, bring new group shenanigans or just improve parts of the...
  4. hsvfan-jan

Episode 376

The art is looking better compared to when they started in most panels but what they are portraying is either nonsense or boring. Why was Guts hit with another Wave of the Astral World at the beginning of the episode? This is so weird The way Silat removes his mask, to me at least, gives the...
  5. hsvfan-jan

Episode 376

How is that even possible considering how much time it took them :SK: (I know it's been ready and waiting for some time now to be published but still) For the "real" episodes I never wanted to read spoilers or people discussing them because I preferred getting the "full" experience while...
  6. hsvfan-jan

The New Picture Thread

Fantastic news, congratulations! :ubik: So in 16 years we'll have a new guest on the Skullkast? :rakshas: And in case you're having trouble finding a name: https://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?threads/what-name-will-casca-and-guts-give-to-their-son.15989/
  7. hsvfan-jan

My current Berserk Collection

Do you look from monitor to book during rereads or how do you deal with her translation not being on page? I mainly use it for reading specific episodes and new releases but not for rereading full volumes. I thought about printing her translation on paper for not having to switch between book...
  8. hsvfan-jan

My current Berserk Collection

Nice collection! Can you read Japanese? I at one point considered getting some Japanese volumes for the better scanning and printing quality but for me at least it's not worth collecting without text I can understand. Maybe another topic but how does everyone else read/use Puellas episode...
  9. hsvfan-jan

What Are You Playing?

Yesterday I finished Sekiro. What a game, LOVED the combat. It was not as hard as I thought due to the many infamous discussions one comes by on the internet. Instead, it was the dream of what dex users in other FromSoftware titles wish for - elegant, fast, beautiful rhythm. The story was nice...
  10. hsvfan-jan

Jan's art

Quick sketch (and of course trace) of an idea I saw a few years ago. I call this one "The Mysterious Figure under the Hood" (early spoiler for 375). (Please don't ban me) Thanks, Ryder!
  11. hsvfan-jan

Scenes in Berserk that tug at your heartstrings

A quote from Farnese during the Conviction arc: "I never escaped from that childhood darkness after all. Then ultimately it took shape and appeared before my eyes." (Episode 176) There's something I had unconsciously hidden away deep within me for most of my life until it recently got "forced...
  12. hsvfan-jan

Jan's art

Thank you both Grail (sorry, forgot to reply last time :farnese:) and Goat! Also, my first idea was to do everything in a rough/loose texture in the Griffith piece but painting loosely is so damn hard that I gave up on it and decided to put the focus on the tear with more details :) but it feels...
  13. hsvfan-jan

Jan's art

Currently trying to at least finish a few pieces of Berserktober (Inktober for Berserk) and I made this one for the 10th of October, Skullknight (or Gaiseric). I know his armor doesn't really fit as he likely already wears the Berserker's armor when the eclipse starts but I wanted to draw it...
  14. hsvfan-jan

SkullKast 144 (Berserk 373-374)

I think in one of the reread podcast episodes which came out after 373 they said they don't want to make podcasts about episodes where all they do is criticize it negatively and that they'd rather speak about Berserk in a fun way. Apart from special occasions (here Aaz visiting Gobs and Grail)...
  15. hsvfan-jan

Episode 374

I think Mori will get rid of them the second he can. From what we've seen so far in the continuation the team tries to reuse as many assets as possible, for example magic spells we've seen before (or dialogue, as discussed above). During the showdown on Elfhelm they weren't shown to do anything...
Top Bottom