Recent content by Kaldr

1. K

SPECIAL: Join our 2016 TV Series launch party

2. K

3D Printed DS and Arm Cannon

Thanks mate! I redid the texture probably 3 times until I was happy with it. So the good news is that the mold turned out great. Everything cured the way it was supposed to with no air bubbles. I did a "cleaning cast" which got rid of all the left over primer from the master and here are the...
  3. K

Thanks Mogen! I ended up running out of silicone for the second half, and will need to buy more tomorrow, but I should be able to make my first casting Monday afternoon, fingers crossed.
  4. K

Mold Progress: Mother mold on the left. Detail coat of rebound. Mold star in blue, first half done.
  5. K

Update: Finished claying up the top of the sword for this half.
  6. K

Amazing manga you've read?

If you want another manga in the same vein as Berserk (though set in modern times) try Wolf Guy Ookami No Monshou. I enjoyed the art style quite a bit. It hits on something deeper the same way Berserk does, questioning what it means to be human and what not. The protagonist is a bit similar to...
  7. K

Finished the clay flange around the perimeter and need to print out a few more registration keys (the yellow things) for the mother mold. Then I have to layer half an inch of clay over the entire sword. This will be the thickness of the silicone that will be poured after I have completed the...
  8. K

Thank you all for the kinds words! I have a friend coming to visit me this week where she'll help me mold the blade. I've got a few nibbles from people on reddit who would like a casting, and if that's the case here, I would be honored to do a run for all of you. Price would depend on the number...
  9. K

Apologies if you have already seen this on r/berserk, but I thought I would share in slightly more detail my build of Guts' dragonslayer and arm cannon. The blade took about 8 days of non-stop printing. Used bondo for the raw iron texture. Figured out how to attach the chain link...
Top Bottom