Recent content by Nickoten

1. N

Episode 271

Yeah, that's the main difference. "Familiar" in Berserk's case would mean something that feels more realistic in tone. Maybe because it seems so bleak.
  2. N

Episode 271

My comparison of Midworld to Middle Earth was just a reference to King's insertion of a number of Lord of the Rings references into the series, including the name. Midland obviously doesn't have that much in common with Middle Earth or Midworld save for the name, which I think was what Walter...
  3. N

Episode 271

More like Midworld = Middle Earth = Midland (?) :P I see where you're coming from, though. It's just that they end up having the same effect on me, personally. For example, when you look toward Roland's childhood, while it does take place in a setting that itself is a mix of different...
  4. N

Episode 271

I'm not trying to compare Berserk's setting, more of its use of recognizeable elements to bring more attention to what is fantasy. I suppose from your post you're not a huge fan of King's way of handling it? Or are you still sore about the finale?
  5. N

Episode 271

"Kshatriya of Durga" Loving all the Hindu references. I know it's a dead conversation now, but if it matters it doesn't seem like Miura's actively trying to follow mythos by the letter, especially since I believe I remember him saying something about choosing certain weapons/armor/etc that...
  6. N

Who are the kushan from a historical perspective

How exactly was that wheel-like weapon used by Mozgus's men used for torture? Did you flatten people with it, or what? O_o
  7. N

Great information you got there. I had no idea that those thin swords were indegenous to India, but now I do. :p Ah. Must've been the translation I was using (Hawks). Also, I noticed that despite the use of all these Desi weapons, I haven't seen a single Indian mace used in battle. I was...
  8. N

Is Guts' Beherit for him?

Ah, okay. I figured that if you somehow were able to go to the abyss you could touch it. :p
  9. N

I see. Also, one more thing. The Idea of Evil is basically what creates the "future" or controls causality or however you want to put it, right? Well, if this is a tangible object, does that mean that causality can be changed by humans, too? That is, if you can actually touch the Idea of Evil.
  10. N

Nice info, there. By the way, the movie I was referring to was "Asoka" starring Shah Rukh Khan and Kareena Kapoor. It's not a bad movie, and he does use it at a certain point.
  11. N

I was interchanging "fate" and "causality" as I figured that casuality basically led back to fate in the end. I think my definition of causality may be off, though.
  12. N

So, this means that every behelith HAS to be used, then? If Guts can't escape fate? From that metaphor I gathered that Guts can alter the course of the outcome, but the outcome will be the same (The moon's reflection going back to normal). Not sure how off or on base I am here.
  13. N

But, Berserk's world isn't completely run by Causality, right? Guts exist outside of it, doesn't he? So maybe him being there could be the variable that causes the destined person to not use it?
  14. N

Void's End?

Maybe we'll find out that Griffith was using the God Hand, too, all along, and he kills them all himself? Just how powerful is he as Femto compared to the other GH members, anyway?
  15. N

Is Guts more powerful from living in the Interstice?

I don't know whether the brand affected him, but I think the adrenaline rush from seeing all those monsters killing his friends and what was happening to Caska probably gave a big enough push "over the edge" to make him survive as long as he did in there. Maybe moreso than the brand, if it...
Top Bottom