Recent content by Ratty

1. Ratty

Why do people say it went downhill after the Golden Age Arc?

"There's no accounting for taste." I suspect a lot of people who started on the Golden Age Arc (particularly some of the people who started with the anime, or started the manga or anime after the Golden Age arc flashback had started) felt like the Eclipse was a bait-and-switch. I've heard...
  2. Ratty

Would Guts have done that for any one else in volume 6?

Very cool. I hope we get to see at least a little more of these countries, both for a glimpse at their societies (I'm a big anthropology fan and would love to see Miura's take on some other cultures) and to see how they're all dealing with the changed earth. Not like a major "Let's go...
  3. Ratty

Yeah I'm just wondering on their origin. Did their peoples originate within the Kushan empire, which would seem a little odd since it's inspired by a historical South Asian/Indian empire (which then again could easily include more Africa-like countries because fiction) or from elsewhere on the...
  4. Ratty

Pinkerton vs Blue Album?

Well, they made a raw emotional album with Pinkerton and people hated it. Which, apparently, made Rivers Cuomo hate it. http://www.cracked.com/article_20231_5-iconic-songs-despised-by-people-who-created-them.html I can understand why, you put your emotions out there and thousands of people...
  5. Ratty

Ouch that's a lot of bread. I was unaware of his history of deception and I apologize for opening any old wounds if I did so. Again I just thought I'd mention it for thoroughness though I did indicate my incredulity towards it by pointing out that it was at best a 3rd hand account from over a...
  6. Ratty

Has anyone learned Japanese just...

Oh no that's fair, if there's one thing I've learned about education itself in my life, it's that people learn differently. Some learn best through seeing something, some through touch etc. down on through any combination of the five senses. To say nothing of one's natural talent (or lack...
  7. Ratty

"Assumption" is much too strong a word. It's pure speculation on my part. Based on the fact that we haven't seen many other dark-skinned peoples that I can recall. My speculation on Donovan's possible descent (though I would only ever suppose he may be partly descended rather than "fully" as it...
  8. Ratty

So several different systems of writing then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I'll take your word for it, again I don't speak Japanese and never claimed to be an expert. Not technically, I've just heard that it's much, much easier/faster to learn once you are familiarized with the spoken language. My friend tried...
  9. Ratty

Guts is a big man but I think a lot (most?) of the men in the Falcons would have been too large for him to do so. I think he would have warmed them with his body though it probably would have made him much more uncomfortable considering his history of abuse. But while he might not have been...
  10. Ratty

I'm sure there are some. But that's a pretty huge investment considering Japanese has a few different alphabets, and you really need to learn the spoken language before you can get started on studying those very much. At least according to a friend of mine who studies Japanese (along with Latin...
  11. Ratty

Papercraft Guts and Void models.

Just a preface that these are NOT mine. A search of "papercraft" only showed one result from 2008 (for a model of the Dragonslayer) and these are fairly recent so forgive me if they've been mentioned before. Some intereprising individuals have made print-and-build-it-yourself models for Guts...
  12. Ratty

Unofficial Official Silent Hill Thread

Yeah that all falls in line with what I've heard. Hideo Kojima was basically only there to attach his name. Alvarez was really running the show, Cox just let him do whatever he wanted (which resulted in a lot of crappy decisions) and just served as the "face" of the games. A face who became...
  13. Ratty

Do you think Casca will be cured soon?

I am so ready for the King of the Flower Storm to work his magic. Though if they get there and he says they have to go on a quest to collect something before he can cure Casca, I think I'm going to punch myself in the face. At this rate I'm hopeful that we'll see Casca cured by this time next...
  14. Ratty

Unofficial Official Silent Hill Thread

The storyline was, appropriately enough, a sort of Frankenstein's monster of different inspirations. Stitched together and reworked years after the fact in many cases. It may have been schlocky at points but that's true to the series history. Right back to the original game which was a love...
  15. Ratty

Dark Horse Releases

D'oh. Well it's been a few years since then. Could have sworn it was Viz, but then I didn't really read them since I found most of the characters insufferable. And as I saw one internet reviewer sum up the relationship between the two main characters years later is basically "Domestic abuse...
Top Bottom