Recent content by sarucane

1. S

Guts Metaphorically Becoming Griffith in, "The Black Swordsman"

With the images removed from the context of the scenes that I wrote about at length, yeah, it sounds bonkers, can't argue with that! Multi-layered, as I said. To quote myself quoting myself, "As I said, I am not making a statement on "the degree to which Miura himself intended readers to derive...
  2. S

Well, I wanted an excuse to talk about Berserk without a new episode! :) Although most of this response seems to be about me and the nature of my argument, not about Berserk... That's a misrepresentation. I do not have a series of random panels 'slapped side by side,' I have laid out a series...
  3. S

I was poking around the forums to distract myself from hiatus pain, and having listened to more Skullcast and finished my latest reread, I thought I’d drop in a further response! I disagree with the premise that all the evidence I presented is purely, ‘artificial,’ and therefore should be...
  4. S

Question about Guts' POV on Casca's Reaction to Griffith

I was using, 'text,' in the sense of the work as a whole, including the images. I believe that's a way the word can be used--I remember doing so back at university, but maybe my professors just didn't grade my work closely enough! Thanks Aazealh, that makes sense! Yeah, it also makes sense...
  5. S

Question about Guts' POV on Casca's Reaction to Griffith

So, readers know what was going on in volumes 21-22 when Casca saw Griffith and ran for him (that she was sensing her child). I'm curious about this question though, and haven't seen it discussed: what might Guts think is going on? After all, he sees Casca twice pretty much ignore him to try to...
  6. S

Small theory about the current Godhand's origins

A look behind the curtain I guess! I mean, to put aside the question of whether I'm being neurotic (which hell, wouldn't be the first time), I don't think saying, "the theory I put forward as a whole originally is wrong," is the same thing as saying, "all the evidence I based the theory on is...
  7. S

(This is getting to be a little much and I apologize for taking up so much of your time, so I directly responded to specific points you made but you can totally just skip to the end where I summarized) I'm not trying to relate his year of torture to Femto to the exclusion of the rest of his...
  8. S

Okay, I see how a statement like, "he is the damage, and that's all he'll ever be" is too reductive. I'm not sure whether the psychological symbolism I'm talking about and the larger context of causality would be in conflict, though. While causality created the context of the situations the...
  9. S

I wasn't suggesting it was a rule, more like a link between the original humans who became members of the current God Hand--people who were subjected to a disproportionate level of punishment as humans, and thus were willing to go as far as a mass sacrifice to gain power. Like I said, it's a...
  10. S

Thought I'd see what people thought of this idea: that all the members of the current godhand were tortured as humans. This is based on the character designs of the godhand and how Miura incorporated the Griffith's mask into Femto's body. Obviously, the mask itself is based on the helmet...
  11. S

Hi Walter, big fan of the Skullcast, nice to e-meet you! Some of the points here I'll concede, like the Puck-Casca parallel, and I can't argue that a lot of comparison like this comes down to the eye of the beholder. That said, I'd argue that the framing of the shots in the prison and the...
  12. S

The story of Guts becoming a monster in the Black Swordsman days is obviously a big part of the first section of Berserk, but I think during, "The Golden Age," Miura brilliantly reverse-engineered his own writing from, "The Black Swordsman," and "The Brand," so that Guts was, metaphorically...
Top Bottom