Whoa ...

T

The Stick

Hello, I have observed some of the events recently on this BBS board (Actually I've been observing for about a month or so) and have found them "interesting." However, don't be mistaken, the only reason why I've been observing this place is for the sake of gathering as much up to date information on Berserk as I can. Berserk is one of my favorite anime/manga series ever.

But, to get down to my curiosity, which is why I am finally writing, would one of you board members be so kind as to explain the whole thread of recent events that's happened on this BBS?

I am particulary pointing to the Paradiselost debacle & from what information I've collected from different posts, an apparent, what seems to be "cold war," with a webmaster who runs a Berserk site known as Yong.

I will probably start posting regularly if I can since now I have communicated with the Berserk community here and have made my existance known. Not that anyone cares though. = )

Thanks for reading this.

-The Stick

CnC

Ad Oculos
welcome, welcome.

The paradiselost "debacle" was the result of continual attacks by Paradiselost towards other board members, and the board getting sick of it.

While Yong's page is very good looking and its alway good to see an expanding comunity, Yong is giving away scans of the manga for free <--many here have a problem with that.
Also there was a problem with him stealing content off Walter (such as scans).
Also many resent him being payed for stealing (Paypal account getting donations).

well thats a summary... I'm sure someone else will add what I've forgotten (CnC's not good at this "memory" thing).

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Welcome!

Gah, the thing with Paradise Lost was just a stupid argument. They happen all the time here, most of the time they die down after a few posts since everyone has better things to do, and realises that other people can misunderstand, or be pissed one day. it happens. But here it escalated, with PL criticising people for their bad grasp of english (which was funny 'cause he wasn't that good at it himself), their lack of education, their young age and... well, basically that was it. Then when some scans of the lost chapter 83 was unearthed, he infuriated some people by saying that he had known about them all the time, but had not thought that people would be interested, and that a friend of his had the issue but refused to let him scan it. He also said that he thought people should not see issue 83 because it had been taken out of the collected volume. This pissed off the people who would cut their right arm off just to see that chapter. So, more arguments... more escalations, threads erupting into flames about 'good' english. Some people, me included, tried to make peace, but it just got worse. He ended up spamming the whole board, calling Walther a nazi for arranging a vote to see if he should be banned, and generally insulted everyone even worse.

In short... your basic flame war. Nothing new there.

Yong... he posted his site on BSOM a while ago, asking people what he thought. We complimented it a lot, because it sure looked good. Then someone noticed that he had stolen the entire contents of this sites FAQ, without citing Walther as the author. And the scans... He admitted to that, but I don't think there has been any change, and if I do not remeber incorrectly he thought that it was okay, because he did not have time to write them himself, andwe should be happy that he was building the best berserk site on the net. Then Olivier criticised some of the translations... and things got worse. 'new' posters appeared to defend Yong, and telling us that we were mean to him. Intersting enough they had the same IP as Yong himself...

The ironic thing is that it really looked good, and we all told him so. And as Walther said, if he had only asked and given credit, he would have been welcome to post content. But instead he flew off the handle as if Walther was the one to blame. He (or his friends) comes here once in a while, posting under pseudonymes, telling people what a great site he has, and how people gives him money and donations because it is so great... there's a guy who likes to rub things in...

anyway... welcome!

Then someone noticed that he had stolen the entire contents of this sites FAQ, without  citing Walther as the author. And the scans... He admitted to that,

He never admitted about the scans, though.

but I don't think there has been any change,

He removed part of his text contents, but the character descriptions, for example, are still mostly an obvious paraphrase of Walter's FAQ.

Then Olivier criticised some of the translations...

Did I? I don't think so... I'm not even sure Yong provided translations back then?
You may be thinking about the "Mike T case"...

(but yeah, I criticized Yong's translation of episode 187 recently, 'cause it's obviously based on Cronus' work)

and things got worse. 'new' posters appeared to defend Yong, and telling us that we were mean to him. Intersting enough they had the same IP as Yong himself...

And he did it again on these boards a few days ago...  ::)

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Did I? I don't think so... I'm not even sure Yong provided translations back then?
You may be thinking about the "Mike T case"...

*slaps head* Yeah, You're so right, I was mixing things up. It was Mike T I was thinking about.... sorry 'bout that, they happened about the same time, and got mixed up in my head.

Nope... he never did admit to the scans, and I have no idea whether he really stole them or not. I never cared anough to check in that minute detail.

I got a mail today saying that he indeed had removed the stuff, I wouldn't know myself since I never visit the place. As for plagiarism... well, that's all too common these days, but at least he has rewritten it himself.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Paradise got banned because he is a disturbed person with signs of sociopathic behaviour. He needs medical help and it is unsafe to let him communicate over the web. The doctors from his hospital told me it was by mistake that he got access to a computer.
Yong, I don't know him, but he look like some bitch.

icefall

I need more sleep -_- zzz
I think all the "..." marks should have been the first clue of trouble on the horizon!

... I ...
... eat at ...
... taco bell you fools! fuuuuu! ...

:eek:

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
???

Great, another argument...

*rubs the oil in* ;D

I'm sorry. Sorry. I really am.

P

paradiselost_1

...White_Hawk...what do you say?????

::)

...however, you newbie, are free to believe at this false version of what happened...but I usually can't reply, 'cause people around here did something "democratic", they put out my words...
...I can write and read all however each time I want, but even if they are totally crazy and they are totally in wrong, I'm respecting their opinion, and I don't write, even if I'm not offended here, of course...

;)

see you

CnC

Ad Oculos
What? ... huh... no .... ;D

;) :) ::)

... you.... nazi... :D

>:(

...i hate.... admin... ;D

...i love you aelka... >:(

:p ;D

...if... rejected me go with Fish...bomb ??? ???
::)
... :-[ spaghetti?
:( 8) ::) :p ;D ;) :-X :'( :-/

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
paradiselost
hai tradito il spirito di berserk
come hai potuto fare una cosa del genere?
ma sei conscio dell'errore che hai comesso?
per colpa tua molta gente non potra piu leggere berserk!
e io che ti difendevo!!!! ma daaaaiiii:..

Sorry about this jibberish. I just wanted to make sure he understands me.

Top Bottom