5th Repainting Project: Guts & Zodd:"Desperate Attack"

NEWS: 5th Repainting Project: Guts & Zodd:"Desperate Attack"

As the 5th item of our repainting project, we have picked up Guts & Zodd:"Desperate Attack".

This statue, which has been recreated based on the Berserk comic vol.32 "Desperate Attack", will be repainted after the image on the climax battle scene of Guts and Zodd flying through the lightning.

To express overwhelming atmosphere of the original scene, lightning have painted on both side of wings and Guts’s sword. Battle damage such as bloody wounds of the wings, and a charred coloring has been applied on the Zodd’s claws and body of Guts.

*Limited to 20 pieces worldwide. Hand-perfected by ART OF WAR’s artist each by each.

Unit price: 43000 Japanese yen(Repainting fee included)

*For your second same item, the repainting fee will be free! That means price of the item will be 38,000Yen if you have already purchased a piece of Guts & Zodd:"Desperate Attack" directly at our website. We offer this service to thank for our loyal customers.

Order taking period: from 12:00pm(noon),4th April to 18th April (Japan time)

Just one word: LOL :ganishka:

Why the LOL? I guess you're not digging the lighting paint job?

On their site the image looks better than the email image they sent out.

http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/index.php

G

Genome

Well I'm not convinced... the red part on the blade is not really great (and logic) but the lighting and red on Zodd's wing is creepy...

Fusiongt said:
Why the LOL? I guess you're not digging the lighting paint job?

On their site the image looks better than the email image they sent out.

http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/index.php

Why the LOL?

Because...

1) an other repaint
2) from a "average" statue
3) lightning is...LOL
4) the price...MEGA LOL

Everybody waits for a new original statue and they announced this sh*t... Thanks AOW. My money thanks you too.

I'm passing on this one (I like the original one just fine), but what I'm curious to know is 10 years down the line, when collectors start getting into Berserk stuff, if they will specifically seek out to get one these limited repaints. I remember when I got into Berserk collecting (I started several years after AOW released their first statue), people would pay an extra few hundred dollars for that Black Swordsman with the bloody eye. I bet at the time of release, people were thinking "Huh? Why would I want a Guts statue where his eye is just a red blob of paint", but then 5 years later people were going nuts trying to find it. I guess we'll see!

cucu4coco

Who dat?!
DirectDK said:
I'm passing on this one (I like the original one just fine), but what I'm curious to know is 10 years down the line, when collectors start getting into Berserk stuff, if they will specifically seek out to get one these limited repaints. I remember when I got into Berserk collecting (I started several years after AOW released their first statue), people would pay an extra few hundred dollars for that Black Swordsman with the bloody eye. I bet at the time of release, people were thinking "Huh? Why would I want a Guts statue where his eye is just a red blob of paint", but then 5 years later people were going nuts trying to find it. I guess we'll see!

Well, I believe the interest is like the stock market; will have its peaks and ditches. Kinda like now where rare "collectors" items are going for almost half the cost on YJA. Like 6-7 months ago, I almost bought the red-eye Guts for $680. Missed out and was kicking myself for that. Then last month, got 1 for much less on YJA.

Start rant: Could've gotten it cheaper but the Seller hided the fact that the sword stump was broken. If not, the item wouldn't or shouldn't gotten a higher price. He glued it and hoped no one would notice. Problem was I pay attention to details and already had a previous damage item from him. Since both was from YJA, I couldn't do much anything. Lets just say, if I ever meet this Seller I would definitely give a punch to the sternum. And I'm a pacifist! :ganishka: End rant.

The value of Berserk stuff will go back up once the world economy recovers and people have money to spent or waste on unnecessary things. Just a fact of life. If people can bare it, this is the best time to buy things. Well, IMHO, anyways.

Top Bottom