Anime Conventions 2009

Apparently Mr. Depp was at Comic-Con. Big fan of the guy.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20090723/en_movies_eo/135572

Now I just added another con to attend for next year.

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
Actually, you are correct. I had a pre-reg for that god forsaken "convention" back in Feb and had to spend $1500 the weekend of the con so I couldn't make it. Maybe next time I'm up that way, I'll look you up.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Just got back from Sac Anime in Sacramento, Ca. It was a lot smaller than the other con I've gone to, but pretty nice. It kinda sucked since I went with some friends who are a bit anti-social and seemed to enjoy the television in the hotel room more than the con and there was also the wonderful overuse of old 4chan memes by 13 year old naruto cosplayers. :mozgus: Sadly, the only Berserk related things they had were some of the manga(and even that was missing most of the volumes). I got a lot of Serial Experiments Lain stuff, an art book, two wallscrolls and a poster for it, and a few other misc little things. Overall it was a pretty nice con that I'll probably visit each year since it's cheap and only about an hour away.

I went to something called the Fan Expo yesterday. It wasn't really an anime convention, it dealt more with comics, manga and video games. It was pretty fun, I got to meet Bruce Campbell which was cool.

Shane said:
I went to something called the Fan Expo yesterday. It wasn't really an anime convention, it dealt more with comics, manga and video games. It was pretty fun, I got to meet Bruce Campbell which was cool.

You met Bruce Cambell, damn if only I were there to meet him. :sad: I love watching him in the Evil Dead series.

Dar_Klink

Oh, I forgot to mention that the voice actors for Claire, Leon, Chris, and Sheva from the Resident Evil series were at Sac-Anime for a panel, which was one of the highlights of the con for me. They're all pretty funny and laid back people. They also made mention of a project that's in development that has something to do with RE5 when asked about future projects. I think the quote was "Can we talk about the 5 thing?" When asked, and then went on to say they just finished up doing the voice work for Darkside Chronicles.

X

Xem

Darklink286 said:
Sadly, the only Berserk related things they had were some of the manga(and even that was missing most of the volumes).

Just hope that was because all of the other volumes, along with the collectible merchandise, were bought too quickly for you to see them. I know here in Georgia at AWA, that's usually the case. Instead of looking I just ask the vendor, "Any Berserk stuff?" and the answer is usually, "Not anymore, it was gone in the first 15 minutes."

Dar_Klink

Deci said:
Just hope that was because all of the other volumes, along with the collectible merchandise, were bought too quickly for you to see them. I know here in Georgia at AWA, that's usually the case. Instead of looking I just ask the vendor, "Any Berserk stuff?" and the answer is usually, "Not anymore, it was gone in the first 15 minutes."
:( I wish, I was there within the first 20 minutes of the con opening, everyone I asked said they had none. I think I might've asked some of the vendors like 3 times on the last day. I was also looking for some JoJo's Bizarre Adventure stuff, and nobody had any of that either. At Fanime back on Memorial Day Weekend I couldn't find any either, but later on someone on another forum that went to the same event said they found some keychains of Casca and Farnese amongst the Naruto, Bleach, and Deathnote keychains. :judo:

Top Bottom