Zodd:

wf09sum_186.jpg

wf09sum_185.jpg

A somewhat familiar helmet:

197.jpg

yesmilord

千年王国
Cool!

Something tells me that Zodd is smaller than I'd like it to be.
Major props to the Griffith helm though - looks pretty awesome :griff:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Those look pretty neat, both the Zodd kit and the helmet. Thanks for making the thread Joa.

yesmilord said:
Cool!

Something tells me that Zodd is smaller than I'd like it to be.
Major props to the Griffith helm though - looks pretty awesome :griff:

Hehe, it's 30 cm tall, so not TOO bad.

Also, here's a new Zodd bust! 25 cm tall.

coolonespray-img450x600-1248740099dpursk40055.jpg

More pics by the sculptors, at www.gillgill.com

Hello all,

I'm new here although I've been lurking for a while, so, nice to meet you ! always a pleasure to read you.

I wanted to post about that new Gillgill statue but Derek did just before me. Thanks for ruining my effect DK ! :chomp: jk ;)

Anyway Gillgill are probably my favorite sculptors, I often wish they had charge of the Berserk licence. They make monsters but amazing characters too. This Zodd statue is just awesome, I hope more are to come (something else than Zodd please !).

I can't really afford yet another Zodd, but is somebody planning on buying it ?

Wowee... that really does look incredible. Particularly like the detail of human Zodd in his mid-rift (check the gillgill site for more pics).

I would definitely consider getting it buuuuuuuut I have absolutely no idea what i'm doing with kits. This would 100% make me buy my first one, but i'm completely hopeless at a) assembling things and b) painting things to a standard above *yuk... that looks like you've taken a dump on a statue*.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get something pre-assmbled and painted to this standard?

Palance said:
Does anyone know if it's possible to get something pre-assmbled and painted to this standard?

I do commissions, but I'm fully booked till after new years.
Pm me for details/discussion and feel free to follow the links in my sig for some signature work.

slan69 said:
I just noticed today that the Zodd bust DK was talking about is up on Yahoo Japan Auctions for I think 19,800 Yen. Here's the link if anyone is interested. Goodluck! :casca:

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f77353506

Yeah, that picture I linked up above was from this auction. Well, I ended up winning! At a higher price than the first one I saw on YJ. BOO. Oh well, a super obsessive Berserk collector's gotta do what super obsessive Berserk collector's gotta do!

Palance said:
Wowee... that really does look incredible. Particularly like the detail of human Zodd in his mid-rift (check the gillgill site for more pics).

Hey Palance! I don't see this human Zodd that you speak of. Can you link us? Thanks!

Evan said:
I wanted to post about that new Gillgill statue but Derek did just before me. Thanks for ruining my effect DK ! :chomp: jk ;)

Anyway Gillgill are probably my favorite sculptors, I often wish they had charge of the Berserk licence. They make monsters but amazing characters too. This Zodd statue is just awesome, I hope more are to come (something else than Zodd please !).

Welcome Evan! Sorry for stealing your thunder! Truth be told I've never heard of GillGill before, but I looked at their WF09 kits and I was really impressed!!! You're right, they would do AWESOME jobs with all the creatures and apostles in Berserk. I guess if this Zodd sells well, maybe more will come! Only one can hope!

OOOH OK! Didn't see that LOL, I thought he was referring to a completely separate human Zodd. Damn, got my hopes up!!!

Thanks for the welcome !
Yes, the face of the human Zodd is sculpted at the bottom of the kit. That "dual figure" alone makes this kit unique among all the Berserk statues IMHO, not even talking about the style of it. Very nice buy, congrats DK !
About Gillgill making more Berserk statues, I am not very optimistic unfortunately, they produce a limited number of series each time and do not hover on one license... but let's cross fingers !

DirectDK said:
Yeah, that picture I linked up above was from this auction. Well, I ended up winning! At a higher price than the first one I saw on YJ. BOO. Oh well, a super obsessive Berserk collector's gotta do what super obsessive Berserk collector's gotta do!

Congratulations DK! I had a feeling it was going to be you who would win this and I was right. When you get this awesome Zodd bust could you post pictures of it on Berserkstatues that would be great.

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
I would just like to fully back Joa for anyone who ever seeks out his (expertise). I put that in parenthesis because there is an infinite amount of respectable things I'd like to say there. :guts:

Also, great pics of Wonderfest.

Top Bottom