New Berserk-Kits on the Market?

Hi,

i just saw a couple of pics of new Berserk Kits.
Some of them look very good! :isidro:
anybody has some more information about them?

Since i don't buy AOW stuff any more i think that they will be a nice alternate :)

4337053075_c7aacbea8a_b.jpg

4338186656_731d9c8336_b.jpg

4337440619_9bf3c0bc63_b.jpg

n9rvf9kwo7c228pxjci9hj2x2t89xz-img600x450-1265728648qbrevq43197.jpg

wyunngu00-img600x450-1265544892qkxop070867.jpg

thanks guys :ubik:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hey there,

Not all of these are new. Here's some basic information:

1) I might have seen this one before but I'm not sure. No idea where it's from anyway.
2) New kit by "tonboya".
3) From last year, also by tonboya.
4) A bust from Gill Gill. Came out a while ago, Derek has one.
5) Is from Headlong and is recent. The best Zodd bust out there IMHO.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
sanjii said:
How often does new Berserk merchandise tend to come out, is there usually new stuff every year?

Art of War releases merchandise regularly, and there are usually a few new kits each year that are presented during hobby festivals (like the Wonder Festival).

Aazealh said:
Art of War releases merchandise regularly, and there are usually a few new kits each year that are presented during hobby festivals (like the Wonder Festival).

I think there was a pretty big festival recently if I'm not mistaken which announced a bunch of new One Piece figures (my other interest and collection), was any Berserk stuff announced there that you know of?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
sanjii said:
I think there was a pretty big festival recently

It was Wonder Festival 2010 [Winter].

sanjii said:
was any Berserk stuff announced there that you know of?

Products aren't "announced" during festivals, they're sold (the makers get a temporary license that allows them to legally sell a product only during the festival). The kits n°2 and 5 that HITReza posted were available there. Some others were probably also present (like the cute Schierke kit I posted in your other thread), but I can't give you an exhaustive list.

Aazealh said:
It was Wonder Festival 2010 [Winter].

Products aren't "announced" during festivals, they're sold (the makers get a temporary license that allows them to legally sell a product only during the festival). The kits n°2 and 5 that HITReza posted were available there. Some others were probably also present (like the cute Schierke kit I posted in your other thread), but I can't give you an exhaustive list.

Producers, such as Megahouse, often have prototypes for new products at these festivals, for instance Megahouse had prototypes for at least four previously unannounced One Piece figures that would be released later in the year.

The two big kit conventions in Japan are Wonder Festival (WF) Summer and Winter. As Aaz said, the Winter one just passed. Winter ones are usually in Feb, and Summer ones are usually in August. Along the rest of the year they have another festival, World Hobby Festival (WHF) that I don't know much about but they appear more often but are not as big (and usually don't see new stuff being debuted there as much as the 2 WFs).

HITReza, thanks for the pics. I haven't seen number 1 or 2 actually. I'll definitely be keeping a lookout for those now =).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
sanjii said:
Producers, such as Megahouse, often have prototypes for new products at these festivals, for instance Megahouse had prototypes for at least four previously unannounced One Piece figures that would be released later in the year.

But that's an actual company, not an amateur kit maker. The only company that currently regularly releases Berserk products is Art of War, and they don't attend festivals.

Aazealh said:
But that's an actual company, not an amateur kit maker. The only company that currently regularly releases Berserk products is Art of War, and they don't attend festivals.

Ah, Ok I'm sorry I didn't catch your distinction between the official products and the garage kits.

Aazealh said:
(the makers get a temporary license that allows them to legally sell a product only during the festival).

This is incorrect. There are no temporary licenses.

The quantities are so small that the license holders typically don't care. It also spreads fandom for the property.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Are you sure? I had always heard that for the big festivals the kits you were producing had to be licensed.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Maiku said:

The quantities are so small that the license holders typically don't care. It also spreads fandom for the property.

Ah so they just put those little NTV stickers on the boxes for fun then. :schierke:

I think I might understand what you're trying to say (that each kit maker does not have to get an individual license specific to each copyright holder), but your reasoning is wrong. License holders do care, small quantities or not. There's a reason those kits are only sold during festivals, and that's because festivals have temporary licenses (or permissions, call it whatever you want). It says so right there on Wonder Festival's official website: http://www.kaiyodo.co.jp/wf/garage.html

この日 だけしか販売が許可されない既存キャラクターのキット(いわゆる「版権もの」)

If it were only a matter of license holders not caring about small quantities then kit makers would directly sell their products on their websites or in shops.

Maiku said:

WRONG

The use of temporary (daily based) licenses has been around since the early nineties (or late eighties).
Back then many small studios (like this rather unknown one; Gainax) were made of creative enthusiasts who recognized the hobbyists for what they were; not threats, but resources.
This lead to the creation of the daily and/or show based licenses we see to this day.

Look at the amount of talent discovered through these shows and limited releases/licences (ex: Reflect, Headlong etc).

Aazealh said:
Ah so they just put those little NTV stickers on the boxes for fun then. :schierke:

I think I might understand what you're trying to say (that each kit maker does not have to get an individual license specific to each copyright holder), but your reasoning is wrong. License holders do care, small quantities or not. There's a reason those kits are only sold during festivals, and that's because festivals have temporary licenses (or permissions, call it whatever you want). It says so right there on Wonder Festival's official website: http://www.kaiyodo.co.jp/wf/garage.html

If it were only a matter of license holders not caring about small quantities then kit makers would directly sell their products on their websites or in shops.

Permissions is different than licensing. Licensing infers a per product approval process and a royalty fee.

yesmilord said:
That is AWESOME.

Any idea how large it is?

Seriously ? I thought both of you were joking actually :schnoz:

I mean, even AoW can do better than this bust... Guts's skin is like, a vomit... The expression, is ugly, the armour is weird ( imagine the total size of his helm on it... See ? It's just too big... )

But hell yeah, this comment is useless and unconstructive. Maybe you are really joking ? :void:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah it's ugly. Derek and I joked about it yesterday before he posted the picture. That being said the painting might be more at fault than the sculpt when it comes to Guts having third-degree burns all over his face.

Anyway, I'm not sure this bust is really new either. Might have seen it before... Sadly I seldom pay attention to items I don't like so I can't be sure.

seems like the the painting and the sculpt is at fault here to me.....there is just something bizarre about the way they did his mouth :ganishka:

Top Bottom